Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st of April 2012 (Sun)   #16
Nightly

Default Re: Infrared photography with Canon 7D help?

I have similar problem on my Rebel XS. Though the 3rd example photo with unmodified 7D was at least giving some IR results, mine with 680nm didn't give any expected IR results! The only thing I got is RED color of whole photo, and grasses were as dark as they would be in BW photo. The only misbehaved color was Red dresses - they were shown as White. But everything else was quite normal, and nobody would tell that it is IR.
I couldn't get the answer why it is like that. Cause at least I awaited some changes to happen. And want to remind that shots were taken under bright sunlight with 1/13 sec f/5.6. I know that it is abnormally fast for unmodified camera, and today I tried to do another test shot from the room of outside with long exposure - f/11, 10 sec - still same - grasses are dark.
Is it because I use 680nm but not R72? Do you have any solution for this?
Nightly is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member