Infrared photography with Canon 7D help?

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Thread started 20 Nov 2010 (Saturday) 13:41   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Nightly
Hatchling
Joined Apr 2012
9 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have similar problem on my Rebel XS. Though the 3rd example photo with unmodified 7D was at least giving some IR results, mine with 680nm didn't give any expected IR results! The only thing I got is RED color of whole photo, and grasses were as dark as they would be in BW photo. The only misbehaved color was Red dresses - they were shown as White. But everything else was quite normal, and nobody would tell that it is IR.
I couldn't get the answer why it is like that. Cause at least I awaited some changes to happen. And want to remind that shots were taken under bright sunlight with 1/13 sec f/5.6. I know that it is abnormally fast for unmodified camera, and today I tried to do another test shot from the room of outside with long exposure - f/11, 10 sec - still same - grasses are dark.
Is it because I use 680nm but not R72? Do you have any solution for this?

Post #16, Apr 01, 2012 19:38:28 as a reply to post 12569681

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
16,880 views & 0 likes for this thread
Infrared photography with Canon 7D help?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES