Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News
Thread started 06 Jun 2010 (Sunday) 13:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

NCIS switch from nikon to Canon 7D

Voaky999
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Mar 20, 2012 21:03 |  #16

Lots of Canon placement in tonites episode of NCIS LA. Could of been the Mk III (5D) to coincide with availabilty. Totally convinced me to go out and buy one. Do you think I could get it bundled with a Glock and a 'cuda?

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

sponsored links
AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,537 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...
Mar 21, 2012 10:55 |  #17

CSI is still using the cheapest Nikons known to man...I think they are still using like D40s or D40Xs. It's nuts!

AngryCorgiexternal link (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

woos
Goldmember
2,221 posts
Joined Dec 2008
a giant bucket
Mar 21, 2012 12:28 |  #18

TweakMDS wrote in post #10424162external link
I agree, but some people are absolutely clueless about camera settings... They don't know how to set any setting other than the greep box and maybe P. Then of course you have the category of people who blame the camera for everything they do wrong "This camera makes blurry pictures at f/4, ISO 200, 1/3 sec!". Of the already legendary topic where someone was ranting, kicking and screaming about how terrible his 7D was because it couldn't do ISO 100 (obviously highlight tone priority on) and because his version of photoshop didn't support it yet (bad, BAD Canon for that!).

That's nothing, I remember a thread here where someone was complaining that their 40d wouldn't shoot at the right frame rate! :P *whistles innocently* /kiddingggg!

amanathia.zenfolio.com

bbb1919
70 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Mar 22, 2012 00:55 |  #19

Voaky999 wrote in post #14122855external link
Lots of Canon placement in tonites episode of NCIS LA. Could of been the Mk III (5D) to coincide with availabilty. Totally convinced me to go out and buy one. Do you think I could get it bundled with a Glock and a 'cuda?

Hi, I was loughing hard few days ago. They were using a 60D with 70-200mm and when they showed the picture on the back it was on a 7d showing a f=1.4 ....

peeaanuut
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Mar 22, 2012 01:12 |  #20

GoWolfpack wrote in post #10459887external link
WRT NCIS, I'm anticipating the replacement of Abby's "Caf Pow" with something from 7-11, or some enterprising soul creating a Caf Pow brand.

You can already buy caf pow as well as her cups. :cool:

Stuff
http://joetakesphotos.​com/external link : | : https://www.facebook.c​om/JKlingPhotosexternal link : | : https://twitter.com/jk​lingphotosexternal link
airbutchie - Joe was definitely right about adding contrast...
:)

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Mar 24, 2012 14:58 |  #21

TCShadow wrote in post #10312711external link
I was watching an episode of NCIS tonight and noticed the yellow nikon strap was no more... then i saw a canon logo and on a rear shot the buttons were on the left hand side. Anyone else pick that up?

no, but Canon probably paid for that logo shot

The ­ Fox
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Mar 24, 2012 15:04 |  #22

bbb1919 wrote in post #14130463external link
Hi, I was loughing hard few days ago. They were using a 60D with 70-200mm and when they showed the picture on the back it was on a 7d showing a f=1.4 ....

Shhh, prototype.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

banquetbear
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Mar 25, 2012 06:46 as a reply to The Fox's post |  #23

...I'm reminded of the fun that the props department must have decided to have on an episode of Torchwood:

http://www.petapixel.c​om ...n-dslr-seen-on-torchwood/external link

Best of both worlds!

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Mar 25, 2012 16:12 |  #24

Voaky999 wrote in post #14122855external link
Lots of Canon placement in tonites episode of NCIS LA. Could of been the Mk III (5D) to coincide with availabilty. Totally convinced me to go out and buy one. \

guess I need to look a little closer

ZchDnn
Joined Feb 2011
Bristol, UK
Mar 26, 2012 03:41 |  #25

banquetbear wrote in post #14149014external link
...I'm reminded of the fun that the props department must have decided to have on an episode of Torchwood:

http://www.petapixel.c​om ...n-dslr-seen-on-torchwood/external link

Best of both worlds!

That Nikon logo looks fairly fake to me...:P

Work: CXSTLEdotcom (external link)
Twitter: Twitter (external link)
Facebook: CXSTLE (external link)
Canon 1D Mark III / Canon 5D Mark II / Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS / Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II / Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM / Yongnuo YN685 x4 / Yongnuo YN-622C-TX / Yongnuo YN-622C x2

The ­ Fox
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Apr 01, 2012 21:49 |  #26

The "Canon" on the flash is rather funny.

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

Crimzon
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Apr 09, 2012 03:51 |  #27

I don't know about American police, but I know that Nikon has a deal with the RCMP. My brother is a RCMP officer, and they give large corporate discounts to the police. He can also buy Nikon for his personal use at largely discounted rates. If I would have known that when I bought my fist DSLR I might have gone to the darkside. Oh well too late now, besides I like what I have now, even if I can't afford more.

I love NCIS and enjoyed it since it started. I do think they must have gotten new writers, as the latest seasons have strayed from the factual side, to more Hollywood.

It hasn't jumped the shark IMO yet, but I think the sharks are swimming underneath them as of late.I hope they come back down to earth soon.

My Flikrexternal link
My Imagekind galleryexternal link

Always feel free to provide constructive criticism to any of my pics.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,617 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009
On The Roads Across America
Apr 16, 2012 19:30 |  #28

AngryCorgi wrote in post #14125767external link
CSI is still using the cheapest Nikons known to man...I think they are still using like D40s or D40Xs. It's nuts!

And that's probably closer to reality than anything else. ;)

Year of Night - 365 Night Project - check it out! (external link)

Follow me into the night.
Unique Night Photography - twilightscapes.com (external link)

sponsored links

14,823 views & 0 likes for this thread
NCIS switch from nikon to Canon 7D
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.