Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd of February 2004 (Tue)   #1
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)

Default Zillion posts of the baby photographer joke, tripod joke, Canon joke

8) One for the photographers....

After Mrs. Jacobs found out her husband was sterile, the couple decided to hire a proxy father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Jacobs kissed his wife and said 'I'm off to work, Lydia. The guy should be here soon.'

Wouldn't you know it, a door-to-door baby photographer came by half an hour later, hoping to make a sale. Mrs. Jacobs answered the door. 'Good morning, ma'am. You don't know me, but I've come to...' 'Oh yes, I know why you're here. Harry told me you'd be coming soon.' 'He did? But I...' 'Come right in! No use wasting time .' 'Very well, then.'

The photographer took out his briefcase and sat down. 'As you may already know, I've made a specialty of babies.' 'Good, I'm glad,' said Mrs. Jacobs. 'That's just what Harry and I were looking for.'

'I usually like to try two in the bathtub, one on the couch and perhaps a couple on the bed,' said the photographer. 'The living room floor is fun too...you can really spread out.' 'Bathtub? Living room floor? No wonder it never worked for Harry and me.' 'Well, ma'am, none of us can guarantee a perfect one every time, but if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven different angles, I think you'll be quite pleased with the results.'

'I certainly hope we can get this over with quickly,' Mrs. Jacobs gasped nervously. 'Ma'am, in my line of work a man must take his time. I'd like to be in and out in five minutes, but you'd be disappointed with that, I'm sure.' 'Don't I know!' said Mrs. Jacobs.

The photographer pulled out a portfolio of his pictures. 'This one was done on top of a bus in downtown London,' he said, showing Mrs. Jacobs the picture. 'Oh my God!' exclaimed Mrs. Jacobs, tugging on her handkerchief.

'And these twins turned out exceptionally well when you consider the fact that their mother was so difficult to work with.' He showed Mrs. Jacobs another picture. 'She was difficult?' questioned Mrs. Jacobs. 'Extremely,' said the photographer. 'I finally had to take her to Hyde Park to get the job done right. People were crowding around, four and five deep, just to get a good look.' 'Four and five deep!' Mrs. Jacobs was amazed. 'Yes,' said the photographer. 'And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling. I could hardly concentrate. Then, it started getting dark and I had to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels started nibbling on my equipment. I just packed it all in.'

Mrs. Jacobs leaned forward. 'You mean the squirrels actually chewed on your, um...equipment?' 'Yes, ma'am. Thank God, no real damage was done.

Well, we'll get to work as soon as I set up my tripod.'

'Tripod? ' Mrs. Jacobs looked extremely worried now.

'Of course. I need to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much to big for me to hold while I'm getting ready for action. Ma'am...ma'am...good God, she's fainted!'
CyberDyneSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of February 2004 (Tue)   #2
SoCal69

A very enjoyable read! Thanks for the uplift CDS!
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #3
Jesper
Goldmember

Canon EOS 5D
EF 24-105 f/4 L IS, EF 70-200 f/4 L IS, EF 35 f/2, EF 50 f/1.8 II, EF 100 f/2.8 Macro USM
Extender EF 1.4x II, Speedlite 550EX
Jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #4
jim monroe

There have been many humorous posts but this is funniest post I seen in 8 months reading the forum.
No attribution, from whence did this gem come?
jim monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #5
Tom W
Canon Fanosapien

Excellent!
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #6
roanjohn
Goldmember

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Great!!!

Just too funny!!!

Ro1

www.pbase.com/roanjohn
roanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #7
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim monroe
There have been many humorous posts but this is funniest post I seen in 8 months reading the forum.
No attribution, from whence did this gem come?
I don't rightly know it's origins.. but I lifted it from a fine young lady who calls herself "Sirius" who is an active team mate in a little thing called "Team Picard" which is a group of complete psychotics... much like myself,. who like to dedicate time and computer horsepower in distributed computing efforts like the Human Genome project,. Protein folding , the Search for Extra terretrial intelligence, etc....

If your interested, More info here;

http://forums.teampicard.com/
Old 4th of February 2004 (Wed)   #8
Tom W
Canon Fanosapien

You must be younger than I am - I'm from the "James T. Kirk" generation, though I feel like Captain Pike some mornings.
Old 28th of February 2004 (Sat)   #9
swampthing

Default A little light humour....

Here's an email I received today....

The Smiths were unable to conceive children, and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife and said, "I'm off. The man should be here soon."

Half an hour later, just by chance, a door-to-door baby photographer rang the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning madam. I've come to......."

"Oh, no need to explain. I've been expecting you," Mrs. Smith cut in..
"Really?" the photographer asked. "Well, good! I've made a specialty of babies."
"That's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a seat.

After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"
"Leave everything to me. I usually try two in the bathtub, one on the couch and perhaps a couple on the bed. Sometimes the living room floor is fun too....you can really spread out!"

"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work for Harry and me."

"Well, madam, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."

"My, my, that's a lot of ..." gasped Mrs. Smith...

"Madam, in my line of work, a man must take his time. I'd love to be in and out in five minutes, but you'd be disappointed with that, I'm sure."
"Don't I know it," Mrs. Smith said quietly?

The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of his baby pictures. "This was done on the top of a bus."

"Oh ! my god!!" Mrs. Smith exclaimed, tugging at her handkerchief...

"And these twins turned out exceptionally well, when you consider their mother was so difficult to work with."

"She was difficult ?" asked Mrs. Smith.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep, pushing to get a good look."

"Four and five deep?" asked Mrs. Smith, eyes widened in amazement.

"Yes", the photographer said. "And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling - I could hardly concentrate! Then darkness approached and I began to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just packed it all in."

Mrs. Smith leaned forward. "You mean they actually chewed! on your um...equipment ?"

"That's right. Well, madam, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod so that we can get to work."

"Tripod??

"Oh yes, I have to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big for me to hold very long.

Madam? Madam?.....Good Lord, she's fainted!!

well it made me laugh!!
swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of February 2004 (Sat)   #10
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)

O love it!
Old 1st of March 2004 (Mon)   #11
Ikinaa

Are photographer's jokes rare

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ad.php?t=24548
Ikinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of March 2004 (Mon)   #12
CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikinaa
Are photographer's jokes rare
Compared to golfer's jokes they are.

But I shutter to think about having more exposure in the joke world.

Have Fun
Rick 8)
CoolToolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of March 2004 (Mon)   #13
Bruce Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy
But I shutter to think about having more exposure in the joke world.
Old photographers never die, they just take longer to develop.
How does a photographer light up a blonde? He puts a flash in each ear.
Bruce Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of March 2004 (Mon)   #14
stopbath

A photographer took a self portrait in a park. Due to lighting conditions he used the built in flash on the camera. He quickly got arrested for flashing and exposing himself in the park.
stopbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of March 2004 (Mon)   #15
swampthing

Hmm - CDS - I missed that post - it was the first time i'd heard the joke

Oh well, sorry if i'm boring you
swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote