Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 02 Apr 2012 (Monday) 00:29
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Burnt out- What to do

pyrojim
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Jan 2010
San Jose, CA
Apr 05, 2012 00:34 as a reply to post 14212319 |  #16

Its easy to get burnt out on a lot of things. I am currently in graduate school(only the first semester), and I am already starting to get a bit daunted by the prospect of 2.5 more years with the possibility of 5 more after that....

So, my advice is to find things that help you relax!

PhaseOne H25
Camera agnostic

sponsored links
fotoworx
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,547 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Apr 05, 2012 01:05 |  #17

Havent much to add , just hope it all works out for you and you get over this hump quickly.

Jim
f o t o w o r xexternal link

les_au
Joined Jan 2005
mildura, victoria, australia
Apr 05, 2012 18:37 |  #18

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #14196518external link
Put the camera down and go get a hobby that doesn't involve photography...

i think FlyingPhotog has the right idea here, TBH it just sounds like your job is starting to drag on you. we have all been there mate. i found that since i am involvled with photocopiers, computers and electronices 40+ hours a week. the last thing i want to do is play around with em in my spare time. so i found two hobbies that take me away from the technical world, photography is a way for me to express my creative side. the other hobby i have is flying gliders, it's just you and an aircraft with the basic flight instuments, no wizz bang gadgets etc. not sure if this helps or not just my 5 cents worth

gear list

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Apr 05, 2012 21:58 |  #19

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #14196518external link
Put the camera down and go get a hobby that doesn't involve photography...

But if he puts the camera down, he won't have an income. How would the mortgage get paid, how would gas get in the car, food on the table, etc?

That is akin to telling a carpenter to "put the hammer down and go spend your time doing a hobby instead of working." It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

The ­ Fox
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Apr 09, 2012 23:16 |  #20

Funny enough, I recently shot a wedding(which I dont post process unless I want them for my personal use) and I had a great time. It really was a good time to shoot and not have to worry about what will I post process these like, having to pose things/people, or deal with people for that matter. The quote in my signature describes me almost perfectly and I finally get to do it there. I am now looking forward to a few gigs I have coming up here in the near future.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

Jericobot
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jun 2010
preppingforthetrumpets
Apr 10, 2012 03:00 |  #21

Shot for many years paid but less than a year before that is when I got into photography. That quick entry into the industry made me feel excited, anxious and disgusted in almost one fell swoop. I eventually sold all my gear and just switched to small gear. I get asked for gigs once in a while but I just refer them to the studio that trained me, although I will second shoot once in a great while.
I've always had a fascination for tech stuff, sneakers and sports so it's ben easy to keep myself occupied away from shooting for money but I don't think I'd ever get use to not having a capable camera

α7ii + (batis 25 f2 / zeiss 55 f1,8 / macro 90 f2,8)
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

brokensocial
481 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Apr 10, 2012 21:15 |  #22

Take a break. The cameras will still be there when you get back.

[mike and frida] photography - we shoot stuff.
chicago wedding photographyexternal link | chicago wedding photography blogexternal link

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,625 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Apr 11, 2012 10:15 |  #23

Nick, sounds like you made it over the hump...should be good from here on out,.

sponsored links

2,073 views & 0 likes for this thread
Burnt out- What to do
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.