Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Macro Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of April 2012 (Sun)   #16
tonylong
do I really have to respond?

Default Re: Would a 100mm Macro be best for me?

I bought the "old" 100mm Macro when I bought my first DSLR setup back in '06, and have been quite happy with it. It's not one of my most-used lenses, but still it's faithful for macro and other close-up work!

I've had the EF 50mm f/2.5 "Compact" Macro (1/2-size without an adapter) and the EF-S 60mm Macro, and although they are both nice lenses with good Image Quality I still stuck with the 100.
Wildlife project pics here, Biking Photog shoots here, "Suburbia" project here! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here
tonylong is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of April 2012 (Sun)   #17
Lester Wareham

Default Re: Would a 100mm Macro be best for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek501st View Post
If I use a ring flash, would that get rid of the shadows?
Well you can use flash for fill in of shadows from the main light, but in this scenario you are blocking your main light (the sun), so the flash will probably become your main light.

Btw ring flash has its own issues. Mostly flat light and ring shaped high lights.
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV
Lester Wareham is offline   Reply With Quote