Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Pets
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th of April 2012 (Fri)   #301
Panda_Band
Junior Member
 
Panda_Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1
Talking Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Panda


Panda_Band is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of April 2012 (Sat)   #302
aduda
Member
 
aduda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewher Under The Sun
Posts: 515
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Your dog, and all the dogs here, are beautiful. I've owned a few pits in the past and completely agree with what you say. My dogs would lick you to death, and what a sweet way to go.

But I do have a question, and I am NOT trying to stir any debate at all.

The reason I don't own pits any longer is each one I had was animal aggressive and my wife no longer wants to put up with that.

Is it in the breeding? How many of you have pits who you can take, for instance to a dog park and have them play safely with other dog breeds?

Is that unusual, or is that usual? My last pit I had from a 7 wk old puppy and he loved people, but didn't love other animals. He got along very well with my Dogue de Bordeaux, but she was already a yr old when he came to us.

Thank you.
I am not a professional, but I am married to one, and I have learned a lot from her. She is a certified trainer, and a passionate pit bull owner. I would have to say that it is not something that is breed specific.

Now, this may not be the case for you, but I really feel that agression is dramatasized when it comes to certain breeds, like pit bulls.

For example, we had our pit bull in a class with a variety of other breeds. There was a chiuaua in the class that was extremely agressive towards our dog. It constantly barked at our dog, and lunged towards him at every opportunity. Our dog would stay when we asked him to, and watched, but never responded to the dog. At one point, the chiuaua charged Dre (our dog), and Dre snapped at the little dog. We corrected him, and he sat down, while the chiuaua continued to bark and try to bite Dre. The owners got very upset, and later asked the teacher if he could kick Dre out of the class. The little dog was clearly the more agressive dog, but since Dre was a "vicious" bit bull, he was seen as the bad one. The teacher recognized this, and explained that if the tables were turned, tis would be a very different story.

As you saw,your pit bull was capable of socialzing with other dogs like your bordeaux. I think that it takes some extra work with pitts since other owners perceive them as agressive, and that can translate into tension, which causes problems. But, I don't think it is inherent to the breed.

Look at Daddy, Cesar Milan's old dog. He was the most docile, agreeable dogs ever. He was the dog that Cesar would use to "test the waters", and he was a pit bull. As it has been said many times over before, it is owner not the breed. Blame the deed, not the breed.
__________________
7D, 5D,20-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 18-135 IS, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, SMC Takumar 28 3.5, SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Super-Takumar 105 2.8, Pixel Kings, 430exII, some Vivitar 285's, toys, desire to improve.
aduda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of April 2012 (Tue)   #303
davidfitness83
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 84
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduda View Post
I am not a professional, but I am married to one, and I have learned a lot from her. She is a certified trainer, and a passionate pit bull owner. I would have to say that it is not something that is breed specific.

Now, this may not be the case for you, but I really feel that agression is dramatasized when it comes to certain breeds, like pit bulls.

For example, we had our pit bull in a class with a variety of other breeds. There was a chiuaua in the class that was extremely agressive towards our dog. It constantly barked at our dog, and lunged towards him at every opportunity. Our dog would stay when we asked him to, and watched, but never responded to the dog. At one point, the chiuaua charged Dre (our dog), and Dre snapped at the little dog. We corrected him, and he sat down, while the chiuaua continued to bark and try to bite Dre. The owners got very upset, and later asked the teacher if he could kick Dre out of the class. The little dog was clearly the more agressive dog, but since Dre was a "vicious" bit bull, he was seen as the bad one. The teacher recognized this, and explained that if the tables were turned, tis would be a very different story.

As you saw,your pit bull was capable of socialzing with other dogs like your bordeaux. I think that it takes some extra work with pitts since other owners perceive them as agressive, and that can translate into tension, which causes problems. But, I don't think it is inherent to the breed.

Look at Daddy, Cesar Milan's old dog. He was the most docile, agreeable dogs ever. He was the dog that Cesar would use to "test the waters", and he was a pit bull. As it has been said many times over before, it is owner not the breed. Blame the deed, not the breed.
Cesar Milan's dog is not an American Pit Bull terrier, he is an American Staffordshire Terrier or some kind of Bully mix. It is a completely different breed than the original gladiator dog. This is why we have soccer moms and the general public owning this type of dog thinking that they are supposed to love every dog and they can emulate what they see on tv. If you notice in some of his episodes a lot of them end up fighting each other.

In fact, the pit bull or bulldog or war breeds have a genetic disposition to animal aggressive and inter-species dominance. It's not how you raise them it's how their DNA works. Some pit mixes or bullies or what not may never turn on while others are born hot from the second they are born. People try to humanize these dogs and treat them like poodles and this is why so many end up in the news for attacking their neighbor's pets. If you have a dog that has any trace of bulldog, or pit bull you must respect their heritage and never put the dog in harm's way. Always have the dog on a leash in public and never leave it unattended with other dogs. A pit bull only intensifies when it has been attacked, while other breeds run away and avoid altercations. This is why you see little dogs or labs instigating and acting tough barking and growling, but the second another dog doesn't back down they run away. With the bulldog breeds it is the total opposite, they have no reason to act tough or display a threatening display, but once they have been instigated enough they won't stop.

I own a canine good citizen american Bully and I would never ever think of bringing him to a dog park or having run loose in public. We rarely meet dogs and the few dogs he is allowed to meet have to pass my inspection since most dog owners are clueless about how rude their dogs can be. Guess what? My 80 pound bully lives with 3 cats and 2 chihuahuas, after all this I still don't get brainwashed by Cesar Milan and I respect the instincts of my dog's DNA. If more people didn't take this for granted we wouldn't have so many attacks.

davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of April 2012 (Wed)   #304
aduda
Member
 
aduda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewher Under The Sun
Posts: 515
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

First off, the American Pit Bull Terrier is not a recognized breed by the American Kennel Club, and it is a sub breed of the American Staffordshire Terrier. So any "pit bull" is in fact a Staffordshire mix. Breed Specific Legislation laws, Animal Control, the media, and people in general consider any dog that even resembles a "pit bull" to be in fact a pit bull. If pit bulls became outlawed in California, or if Daddy, or Jr. for that matter, had found his way at a pound, I have no doubt that the dog would be labeled a pit bull. So, Daddy, and Ceasar's new dog, Jr, is a pit bull. No question.

I fully agree that it is the owners responibility to make sure that the dog doesn't socialize with incompattible dogs, and not take them to places like dog parks if that is not a place that is appropriate for them.

Cesar in no way tries to brainwash anyone. It really gets under my skin when people say things like that. It is clearly stated at the begining of each show that he is a professional, and the type of training he does should be handled by a professional. He is a very positive trainer, and does a lot for all dogs, and pit bulls in particular. He never tells anyone that pit bulls are good for everyone, and soccer moms should go get one. He definitely encourages people to respect each breed, and find a dog that is compatible for thier family or "pack". He seems to do a very good job taking his pit bulls everywhere and having them well behaved. I can't say I've ever seen Daddy or Jr. act in anyway aggressive towards another dog. Quite the opposite.

You state that "people try to humanize these dogs and treat them like poodles and this is why so many end up in the news for attacking their neighbor's pets." The reason that pit bulls end up in the news is because that those attacks are the only ones considered "newsworthy". I know for a fact that when cases involving evaluation of a dog attack are only reported by our local news when they involve a pit bull. The news reporters will call and ask what breed was involved, and if it is anything other than a pit bull, they won't show up. Again, I know this for fact. I have seen it from both sides, working closely with those in the news, and even closer with those with evaluating the cases. The percentage of actual cases involving a pitt bull is actually far smaller than other breeds.
__________________
7D, 5D,20-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 18-135 IS, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, SMC Takumar 28 3.5, SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Super-Takumar 105 2.8, Pixel Kings, 430exII, some Vivitar 285's, toys, desire to improve.
aduda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of April 2012 (Thu)   #305
davidfitness83
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 84
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduda View Post
First off, the American Pit Bull Terrier is not a recognized breed by the American Kennel Club, and it is a sub breed of the American Staffordshire Terrier. So any "pit bull" is in fact a Staffordshire mix. Breed Specific Legislation laws, Animal Control, the media, and people in general consider any dog that even resembles a "pit bull" to be in fact a pit bull. If pit bulls became outlawed in California, or if Daddy, or Jr. for that matter, had found his way at a pound, I have no doubt that the dog would be labeled a pit bull. So, Daddy, and Ceasar's new dog, Jr, is a pit bull. No question.

I fully agree that it is the owners responibility to make sure that the dog doesn't socialize with incompattible dogs, and not take them to places like dog parks if that is not a place that is appropriate for them.

Cesar in no way tries to brainwash anyone. It really gets under my skin when people say things like that. It is clearly stated at the begining of each show that he is a professional, and the type of training he does should be handled by a professional. He is a very positive trainer, and does a lot for all dogs, and pit bulls in particular. He never tells anyone that pit bulls are good for everyone, and soccer moms should go get one. He definitely encourages people to respect each breed, and find a dog that is compatible for thier family or "pack". He seems to do a very good job taking his pit bulls everywhere and having them well behaved. I can't say I've ever seen Daddy or Jr. act in anyway aggressive towards another dog. Quite the opposite.

You state that "people try to humanize these dogs and treat them like poodles and this is why so many end up in the news for attacking their neighbor's pets." The reason that pit bulls end up in the news is because that those attacks are the only ones considered "newsworthy". I know for a fact that when cases involving evaluation of a dog attack are only reported by our local news when they involve a pit bull. The news reporters will call and ask what breed was involved, and if it is anything other than a pit bull, they won't show up. Again, I know this for fact. I have seen it from both sides, working closely with those in the news, and even closer with those with evaluating the cases. The percentage of actual cases involving a pitt bull is actually far smaller than other breeds.
you are basing your breed analysis on the American Kennel Club's registry?

There is only one and it is called the American Pit Bull Terrier which is a sporting breed and it is recognized by the American Dog Breeders Association. The AKC version is just a show dog that doesn't come close to the real dog, at one point in history it started off with the real breed and then it slowly mutated into what it is now. While I agree that the media and public ignorance leads them to call anything with cropped ears a pit bull.

Daddy does not represent the real breed, he represents a dog that has blood of show dogs. Coming from a show line will have a good possibility that the dog will not display animal or dog aggression given the fact that his parents were not selected for being bred for a pit fight or a hunt. However, even Amstaffs have traces of the original fighting dog and even they could manifest the trait from the original dogs. So when people say oh look at Cesar Milan and all the great work he does with Daddy, that is in no way an educated breed statement since Daddy it self is not an American Pit Bull Terrier, he is a show dog that happens fall under the media's ignorance and it is labeled a pit bull. The other issue is that newbies may have in their hands a dog with a lot of genetic makeup from the old fighting dogs in their hands and they look at Cesar Milan to try to emulate it with a dog that has a completely different personality than Daddy. So they take their hyper animal aggressive "pet" bulls to the dog park, or they try to turn them into social butterflies without knowing what they are doing and they end up with their dog attacking another. My neighbor across the street lets his petbull roam around the neighborhood off leash, maybe he is watching too much Cesar Milan because one day that dog is going to turn on against another dog or animal there will be a tragedy.

This is a real American Pit Bull Terrier:




This is Daddy, not an American Pit Bull terrier:




It doesn't take much to notice the physical differences in between both dogs. Then when you dig in deeper you will realize that the dogs have totally different personalities and temperaments.
davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of April 2012 (Thu)   #306
davidfitness83
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 84
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

When Cesar Milan works with a real American Pit Bull Terrier, I will believe his marketing plot.

A Pit Bull that has dog aggression is not defective nor is it acting inappropriate. It is displaying the traits bred into the dog for 100's of years. Just like a German Shepherd distrusting strangers and protecting its home. To Cesar every dog should be a happy camper and love everything and everyone. If they don't follow his orders he conditions them to fear his physical corrections so they stop the behavior. The dogs are not doing it willingly, they are just afraid of the correction so they stop.That is all he is doing, it works for him because he knows the threshold each dog has and he knows that he has a crew and people to protecting him from getting hurt by a dog. He is lucky that he has only been bitten a few times because most of the dogs he works with are pet dogs and not the real dogs.

There are much better ways to train a dog and it is not by yanking him on the neck or rolling him on the back. Read up on Ian Dunbar, that man actually has a degree and knows a whole lot about dogs.
davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of April 2012 (Thu)   #307
aduda
Member
 
aduda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewher Under The Sun
Posts: 515
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

There are a lot of contradictions in what you are saying. The first, which is both most obvious and most confusing, is that you are a pit bull owner, who deosn't seem to think it is a good breed. You seem to almost be against promoting the breed. I have never met or talked to any pit bull owner who is so negative in this regard.

Quote:
If you have a dog that has any trace of bulldog, or pit bull you must respect their heritage and never put the dog in harm's way.
Quote:
Daddy does not represent the real breed, he represents a dog that has blood of show dogs. Coming from a show line will have a good possibility that the dog will not display animal or dog aggression given the fact that his parents were not selected for being bred for a pit fight or a hunt.
Those statements directly contradict each other. And those dogs all come from the same type of breed. They are both terriers, which generaly display the same type of behavior. You are not going to "breed out" agression with a "show dog" like a Stafordshre Terrier. The breeds aren't exactly miles apart. Your argument just doesn't make sense. And I never claimed that Daddy was an APBT, I said he is a pit bull....he is. End of story.

Quote:
A pit bull only intensifies when it has been attacked, while other breeds run away and avoid altercations.
Quote:
If they don't follow his orders he conditions them to fear his physical corrections so they stop the behavior. The dogs are not doing it willingly, they are just afraid of the correction so they stop.
Are they unwilling to back down, or do they become "afraid" of a simple correction? It is one or the other. Come on.

Cesar touches the dogs. He does not hit, or threaten them. The correction is just that, a correction. And you say that he is only succsfull because he knows he has a crew protecting him. First, he usually enters the situation without the crew, or has them hang back. Also, he didn't get where he is with that crew. He started by himself, with no crew.

Quote:
He is lucky that he has only been bitten a few times because most of the dogs he works with are pet dogs and not the real dogs.
Quote:
There is only one and it is called the American Pit Bull Terrier which is a sporting breed and it is recognized by the American Dog Breeders Association.
They are all pets aren't they?!

Are you trying to say that the pit bull of soccer mom is somehow different than the dog owned by someone who enters thier dog in competitions, or is associated with the American Dog Breeders Association? Either way, it is the same breed. And like you said....it is in the DNA! The fact is, all types of people own dogs.

I don't really understand what you are saying here. You say that these people, like your neighbor who lets the dog run free, are terrible owners that don't respect the breed and have out of control dogs. If that is the case, wouldn't those dogs be the ones that are harder to handle and train than those owned by responsible owners? Wouldn't that mean that Cesar is actually dealing with dogs who are more out of control than what you calll the "real dog".

Quote:
So when people say oh look at Cesar Milan and all the great work he does with Daddy, that is in no way an educated breed statement since Daddy it self is not an American Pit Bull Terrier, he is a show dog that happens fall under the media's ignorance and it is labeled a pit bull.
There is not exactly a contradiction here, but....I never said that Cesar was claiming that Daddy was an American Pit Bull Terrier, and he never does either. I guess you might be arguing that an American Pit Bull Terrier is somehow completely different than all of these other dogs that are very closely related to it. Not really sure.


And if you are talking about some sort of pit bull that lives in the wild with no owner, and is not a pet. Let me know about them.

Quote:
When Cesar Milan works with a real American Pit Bull Terrier, I will believe his marketing plot.
Please enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAoUZ7JbmdE

Oh..and guess what your buddy Daddy makes a special apearance!!


Quote:
People try to humanize these dogs and treat them like poodles
Your dog lives with 3 chihuahuas.
__________________
7D, 5D,20-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 18-135 IS, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, SMC Takumar 28 3.5, SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Super-Takumar 105 2.8, Pixel Kings, 430exII, some Vivitar 285's, toys, desire to improve.
aduda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th of April 2012 (Fri)   #308
davidfitness83
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 84
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

"You seem to almost be against promoting the breed. I have never met or talked to any pit bull owner who is so negative in this regard."

- I am not negative I am realistic, these dogs are not for the general public that wants a first house pet dog. I know this first hand because I know the power my dog has an how much damage it can cause. People misunderstand pack behavior and human friendliness which leads them to put their dogs or other dogs in danger.


"Those statements directly contradict each other. And those dogs all come from the same type of breed. They are both terriers, which generaly display the same type of behavior. You are not going to "breed out" agression with a "show dog" like a Stafordshre Terrier. The breeds aren't exactly miles apart. Your argument just doesn't make sense. And I never claimed that Daddy was an APBT, I said he is a pit bull....he is. End of story. "

When a dog is no longer bred and selected for a function it is no longer the same breed. I guess you have never met working or sporting dogs. Why do you think the Police get their K9 dogs from overseas? Because the american show mutated a perfect working dog into a crippled dog. When the dog can no longer perform the function because it has been bred for looks it is no longer the same breed. Just like the American Stafforshire Terrier in no way resembles the real American Pit Bull Terrier.

If you can't tell the difference between Daddy and a real Pit Bull you need to get your eyes checked. So when Cesar promotes Daddy or Junior as Pit bulls he is telling the general public that a dog aggressive pit bull is wrong and it needs to be rehabilitated and he uses show bred dogs as examples to market ignorance.

"Are you trying to say that the pit bull of soccer mom is somehow different than the dog owned by someone who enters thier dog in competitions, or is associated with the American Dog Breeders Association? Either way, it is the same breed. And like you said....it is in the DNA! The fact is, all types of people own dogs."

yes lol I am saying that, if you get a watered down show dog and not the real thing it is not the same breed. I mentioned soccer moms because they bring their dogs to the dog park and have them all the place like kids. If all people don't get along why should all dogs love each other? add an ancestry of pit fighting and you have a dog capable of hurting another. But Cesar claims that this behavior is instability and a defect. It's like correcting Labrador for wanting to fetch or a Border Collie for trying to herd. There is nothing wrong with the dog it is displaying breed instincts and the owners must take precautions to protect their dogs and other dogs from harm.

Last but not least, I mention that even watered down dogs can posses dog aggression because people need to be responsible with their pets. By no means am I saying that because they shared a common ancestor many generations ago that they still remain the same breed.

Since you like Cesar Milan so much and you think he is so great why don't you tell me why he let this dog fight happen? I guess he forgot to use the e-collar on all the dogs or start poking their neck like he does lol Now imagine these people had taken their dogs to a dog park? what could have happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxImB7UQPG8
davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of April 2012 (Sat)   #309
aduda
Member
 
aduda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewher Under The Sun
Posts: 515
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

aaaand the condtradictions continue......

Quote:
I know the power my dog has an how much damage it can cause
Quote:
When a dog is no longer bred and selected for a function it is no longer the same breed.
You state yourself that your dog is a "Pit bull by the media standards but he is really an American Bully". So.....I thought that your dog has been selectively bred, and that he is no longer agressive. He is "nothing like the REAL dog"

And here is probably the biggest contradiction of all....

You posted a picture of your "non-pit bull" in a thread titled "let me see your pitbulls" heheheHAHHAHA!!! Even you, on some level, understand that all of the dogs in this thread are all considered pit bulls. Not just by the "media", but by thier owners. And no...not evey person who posted a picture of thier pit bull here is an irresponsible owner. Who cares if that is what the media labled them, or whatever? That is what they are. Your precious American Breeders Association is kinda nonsense to me anyway. They are a "breeders associaton" that only recognizes one breed? Just because they have a website doesn't make them legit.

You keep talking about Daddy as a "show dog". This is comical to me. You do realize that the original owner of Daddy is Redman, of the Wu-Tang Clan, right? Not sure what you know about the fella's from the Big W, but they aren't exactly closely linked with the show dog community. Quite the opposite.

Now....this is something that truly saddens me, but the dogs currently bred for fighting are the very dogs that you say are "fake pit bulls". If you can argue that the traits of the "real pit bull" have been bred out of the dog, you can definitely argue that it would be bred back in. Look at the dogs pulled from the Vick house. Were every single one of them a "real pit bull"? If you are arguing that there are more "fake pit bulls" used as show dogs than there are as fighting dogs, you need to have your brain examined.....or just visit a local shelter.

As for your arguments on Cesar....It seems as though you have never actually watched a full episode.

You talk about the e-collar. He used it in one episode. He stated it is a tool. Every tool has a use.

You posted some link of a dog fight on one of his shows. That does not mean that he is a bad trainer. That is part of the trade. Especially when you are dealing as many different dogs as he does. That is like saying that Ansel Adams never took an underexposed photograph, or never composed a scene poorly. Trainers have fights occasionaly, just like some photographers take bad pictures occasionally.....I mean hey....look at your pictures!
__________________
7D, 5D,20-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 18-135 IS, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, SMC Takumar 28 3.5, SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Super-Takumar 105 2.8, Pixel Kings, 430exII, some Vivitar 285's, toys, desire to improve.

Last edited by aduda : 21st of April 2012 (Sat) at 11:16.
aduda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of April 2012 (Sun)   #310
maileehawj
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Not my pups but photos I took. Enjoy!









maileehawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #311
davidfitness83
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 84
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduda View Post
aaaand the condtradictions continue......





You state yourself that your dog is a "Pit bull by the media standards but he is really an American Bully". So.....I thought that your dog has been selectively bred, and that he is no longer agressive. He is "nothing like the REAL dog"

And here is probably the biggest contradiction of all....

You posted a picture of your "non-pit bull" in a thread titled "let me see your pitbulls" heheheHAHHAHA!!! Even you, on some level, understand that all of the dogs in this thread are all considered pit bulls. Not just by the "media", but by thier owners. And no...not evey person who posted a picture of thier pit bull here is an irresponsible owner. Who cares if that is what the media labled them, or whatever? That is what they are. Your precious American Breeders Association is kinda nonsense to me anyway. They are a "breeders associaton" that only recognizes one breed? Just because they have a website doesn't make them legit.

You keep talking about Daddy as a "show dog". This is comical to me. You do realize that the original owner of Daddy is Redman, of the Wu-Tang Clan, right? Not sure what you know about the fella's from the Big W, but they aren't exactly closely linked with the show dog community. Quite the opposite.

Now....this is something that truly saddens me, but the dogs currently bred for fighting are the very dogs that you say are "fake pit bulls". If you can argue that the traits of the "real pit bull" have been bred out of the dog, you can definitely argue that it would be bred back in. Look at the dogs pulled from the Vick house. Were every single one of them a "real pit bull"? If you are arguing that there are more "fake pit bulls" used as show dogs than there are as fighting dogs, you need to have your brain examined.....or just visit a local shelter.

As for your arguments on Cesar....It seems as though you have never actually watched a full episode.

You talk about the e-collar. He used it in one episode. He stated it is a tool. Every tool has a use.

You posted some link of a dog fight on one of his shows. That does not mean that he is a bad trainer. That is part of the trade. Especially when you are dealing as many different dogs as he does. That is like saying that Ansel Adams never took an underexposed photograph, or never composed a scene poorly. Trainers have fights occasionaly, just like some photographers take bad pictures occasionally.....I mean hey....look at your pictures!
If there was a thread for American BUllies I would have posted it there lol I can trace my dog's pedigree and I can find the real Pit Bulls and they aren't too far back. I think at the 8th generation I can start seeing fighting dogs. Also, you are stereotyping Redman as some kind of dog fighter or something lol I already showed you the difference between the real gladiator and the show dog. A dog like Daddy wasn't bred for the pit, form follows function. You obviously don't understand that if you continue to say that Daddy is a real pit bull because a rapper owned it... i'll let this topic die but you need to go to a real pit bull show and meet the real dogs so you can understand what I am saying.

I just hope more Bulldog type owners stop taking their dogs to the dog park and stop letting them run loose on the street.
davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #312
aduda
Member
 
aduda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewher Under The Sun
Posts: 515
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
If there was a thread for American BUllies I would have posted it there lol I can trace my dog's pedigree and I can find the real Pit Bulls and they aren't too far back. I think at the 8th generation I can start seeing fighting dogs. Also, you are stereotyping Redman as some kind of dog fighter or something lol I already showed you the difference between the real gladiator and the show dog. A dog like Daddy wasn't bred for the pit, form follows function. You obviously don't understand that if you continue to say that Daddy is a real pit bull because a rapper owned it... i'll let this topic die but you need to go to a real pit bull show and meet the real dogs so you can understand what I am saying.

I just hope more Bulldog type owners stop taking their dogs to the dog park and stop letting them run loose on the street.
Did you just tell me to go to a DOG SHOW to see a "real pit-bull"!??!? I thought it was show dogs that ruined the pit bull?

I did not call Daddy a pit bull because a rapper owned it. I was simply making a point. And the "stereotype" of rappers representing pit bulls as vicious fighting dogs, is not exactly a "stereotype". Show me one actually famous rapper that does anything different.

Here is the funny thing about that....I realize that saying all rappers get pit bulls for fighting, is JUST LIKE saying all pit bulls are vicious. I realize that some rappers really care for thier dogs. Just like I realize not all pit bulls/owners are vicious, just the "famous" ones, or the ones that get on the news.

Here is the thing. We are two very different breeds of people. I am not saying one of us is a better dog owner, but we have very different takes on dogs....just in general. I feel like we look at them differently. I have zero desire to go to a "dog show" with a bunch of "real pit bulls" with huge collars on, pulling things around. I do not have any interest in a breeders association for pit bulls. The last thing we need to do right now in the dog community is promote the breeding of pit bulls. The practice is completely out of control as it is. Seriously....look at the shelters!!! They are full of pit bulls, both "real" and "fake". My hope is to help dogs, not just preserve a breed.

I will let this go as well, and I do apologize for resorting to personal attacks.
__________________
7D, 5D,20-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 18-135 IS, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, SMC Takumar 28 3.5, SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Super-Takumar 105 2.8, Pixel Kings, 430exII, some Vivitar 285's, toys, desire to improve.
aduda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of April 2012 (Sat)   #313
kady05
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 238
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

So um.. to get back on topic.. here are some updated ones of my crew!

"Sako" (who is an Amstaff.. AKC Ptd./UKC CH Kayo's Make An Impact CGC, TDI)





"Wilson" CGC, TDI





"Piper" CGC





Together:



This is pretty typical LOL (I promise they love each other):

__________________
- Kady

http://www.kmspetography.com

1D Mark III | 70-200mm f/4 | 85mm f/1.8 | 17-40mm f/4
kady05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of April 2012 (Sat)   #314
macca45
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 40
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTACY View Post
Jesus that dog is RIPPED!


That's Gold
macca45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of April 2012 (Sat)   #315
meno222
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 112
Default Re: LET ME SEE YOUR PITBULLS!!!!!

here is a recent pic of my dog.. he champion out in the a.d.b.a this is not the greatest pic or angle.


here is a pic from a show last year in a.d.b.a show.
__________________
6D
ef 200mm 2.8 ver.1/sigma 100-300mm F4 /yn468 speedlight/canon 1.4 tc
meno222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Postman attacked by pitbulls, watch the video SteveBrown The POTN Lounge 27 5th of May 2009 (Tue) 01:06
NEW B IN SEARCH FOR HELP ON THE PURCHASE OF A LENS FOR PITBULLS PIX IRONCROSS PITBULLS Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 17 6th of January 2009 (Tue) 20:36
My Parvo-surviving pitbulls grphx Wildlife 2 15th of April 2008 (Tue) 17:09


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This forum is not affiliated with Canon in any way and is run as a free user helpsite by Pekka Saarinen, Helsinki Finland. You will need to register in order to be able to post messages. Cookies are required for registering and posting. HTML in messages is not allowed, plain website addresses are automatically made active by the board.