Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of April 2012 (Sat)   #1
Jason L

Default moo.com business card print quality

I am about to order some business cards and I am interested in the moo.com cards where you can print up to 50 different images on the back. My concern is in the quality of the prints on the back. Has anyone tried this card before? What kind of quality can I expect? I am thinking it is probably best to leave out anything with fine details.

Thanks in advance!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of April 2012 (Sun)   #2
StopAndStarePhotography

Default Re: moo.com business card print quality

Hi Jason,

I used this exact service for my cards, and was very impressed with the quality of them. I did order a free sample first to see what they were like (they came with a small border along the bottom with the web address on, so not ideal for clients, but great to check quality for yourself).

I am about ready to order some more, and won't hesitate which company to choose - Moo every time for me. As an example of how detailed your shots can be, go to www.StopAndStarePhotography.co.uk, click on Portfolio, and Events. The second picture in there, the band, is one of my business card images, and it printed crystal clear. Can easily see all the diamond shapes on the radiator behind the band.

Hope that helps!
2 x Canon 60D // Sigma 18-50 f2.8 // Canon 50 f1.4 // Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS II (For Sale) // Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS EX // Sigma 2xTC (For Sale) // Ensinor 400 f6.3 + 2xTC // Helios 58 f2 // 2 x 580 EX II // 430 EX II (For Sale) // Extension tubes // Some studio stuff!
My Website
StopAndStarePhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of April 2012 (Sun)   #3
Jason L

Great! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I'm going to go ahead and order.

Thanks again!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #4
jwm1990

I was also very impressed with my Moo business cards.

Everytime I hand them out people say, 'These are business cards?'

Having my work on one side and my information on the other is as good as it gets.

5D Mark II, 70‐200mm f/2.8L IS, 24‐105mm f/4L IS, 100mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, Speedlite 580ex II
jwm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #5
CrayonNinja
User is banned from forums

quite a few people on here use moo, or uvcards.
CrayonNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #6
Jason L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1990 View Post
Having my work on one side and my information on the other is as good as it gets.
It's got to be great for marketing. The ability to provide a card with a photo pertaining to the type of photography they are interested in can only be a bonus.
Old 23rd of April 2012 (Mon)   #7
Titus213
Cream of the Crop

I ordered some of the Moo mini cards - excellent quality but a bit pricey. The ability to get a selection of images in one order is great though.

And the folks I handed them to at soccer games loved them.

The cards I'm using now are from www.myprintingconnection.com and are excellent quality and quite inexpensive. Service is fast too. Folks regularly ask me if they can keep the card - they look too expensive to give away.

Last edited by Titus213 : 23rd of April 2012 (Mon) at 23:54.
Titus213 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of April 2012 (Tue)   #8
Jason L

Just put my order through. I found a promo code that got me half price business cards! RQBT8B
Old 25th of April 2012 (Wed)   #9
supernova74

moo.com = Awesome..
supernova74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of April 2012 (Wed)   #10
StopAndStarePhotography

Oooooh, a half price promo code. Better get ordering my new batch whilst it still works! Thanks Jason!
2 x Canon 60D // Sigma 18-50 f2.8 // Canon 50 f1.4 // Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS II (For Sale) // Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS EX // Sigma 2xTC (For Sale) // Ensinor 400 f6.3 + 2xTC // Helios 58 f2 // 2 x 580 EX II // 430 EX II (For Sale) // Extension tubes // Some studio stuff!
My Website
StopAndStarePhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of April 2012 (Wed)   #11
Wallace River
Cream of the Crop

One more testimonial for moo.com. I've ordered business cards, mini cards, post cards and stickers, and all were absolute top quality. I love the rounded corner business cards with my images on the reverse side.
Wallace River is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of April 2012 (Wed)   #12
NYC2BGI

I use Moo also and really I like them. It took me a while to design them but it was worth it. Now when I shoot events people pick their favorite card based on the image on the back. The front of all of the cards I have the same with my info.
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
http://www.facebook.com/HightechPix
NYC2BGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of April 2012 (Wed)   #13
Ahtz

I ordered some mini cards from moo.com in the past and LOVE them. I ordered some regular sized business cards from Millers this week and received them yesterday. I ordered via millers because I needed them quickly and the cost was cheaper than moo. I am VERY disappointed in the quality of the card from millers. Its more flimsy, the rounded corners are poorly done, and the print quality is very bad compared to moo. I'm really bummed about it and will probably be placing an order with moo soon.
Old 21st of May 2012 (Mon)   #14
Geckotek

Just got a sample of my cards from Moo. I'm dissapointed in how the photos turn out when in a matte finish. They seem washed out.

Are there any similar options that let me print a selection of photos like Moo but in a glossy finish?
Also, has anybody tried myminicards.com? I've e-mailed them asking if they have a glossy or matte finish, but no reply yet.
Geckotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of May 2012 (Mon)   #15
DanFaenza

I LOVE my moo.com cards. I just received my first ever set of business cards and couldn't be happier. I've heard a lot of good things about their "Luxe" line of cards too. They have a ton of different ideas and provide a lot of inspiration if you're just plain 'ol stuck for ideas. They are my go to for business cards, and maybe even some promotional stuff too.

Just my 2 cents.

Daniel Anthony Photography
DanFaenza is offline   Reply With Quote