Show me your customized Wordpress websites!

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 19 Apr 2012 (Thursday) 07:05   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Black ­ Mesa ­ Images
Joined Dec 2010
337 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Well I officially hate this thread...............:mrgreen:

I've been bouncing this idea around for the last few weeks and for the last couple of hours, I've been working on my new blog site.

http://www.blackmesaim​ages.wordpress.comexternal link

Post #31, Apr 28, 2012 20:31:52 as a reply to post 14327762

Instagramexternal link
Black Mesa Images on Facebookexternal link
Black Mesa Images Blog and Photographyexternal link
Twitterexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Logan_from_Miami
Joined Jun 2007
198 posts
Miami, FL
[MORE/SHARE]

Here's my wordpress site. I just put it up recently, so i'm still tweeking it and adding photos.
http://loganwrightphot​ography.com/external link

Post #32, May 04, 2012 18:54:50

My facebookexternal link Photography page

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Aug 2011
213 posts
Pittsburgh
[MORE/SHARE]

After spending hours tweaking and working on my wordpress website, I decided I don't like the limitations of having my entire site run through wordpress. Excellent. I'll still use Wordpress for my blog when I get around to that, but I think I'm going to try and do my own website with photoshop/html/css/jav​ascript. I'll probably give up on that and just wish I paid someone else to do it for me, lol.

Post #33, May 04, 2012 22:06:17

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographerexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Gear List

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
Joined Aug 2005
6,164 posts
Atwater, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

fotojennik wrote in post #14381693external link
After spending hours tweaking and working on my wordpress website, I decided I don't like the limitations of having my entire site run through wordpress. Excellent. I'll still use Wordpress for my blog when I get around to that, but I think I'm going to try and do my own website with photoshop/html/css/jav​ascript. I'll probably give up on that and just wish I paid someone else to do it for me, lol.

Interesting. Right now I have a custom website and a Wordpress blog. I was thinking about switching my site into a Wordpress format, but I like the flexibility that I currently have. Not that you comment cemented that, but it was nice to hear that I'm not the only one that felt that way. :D

Post #34, May 04, 2012 22:31:42

Images in the Backcountryexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Google+external link | Twitterexternal link
SEO for the Photographerexternal link | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masksexternal link
Canon 5D • 17-40 ƒ/4L • 300 ƒ/4L IS • 70-200 ƒ/4L • 50 ƒ/1.8 • 1.4x TC • Kenko Ext. Tubes
http://www.pinterest.c​om/pin/create/extensio​n/external link

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Aug 2011
213 posts
Pittsburgh
[MORE/SHARE]

Hikin Mike wrote in post #14381817external link
Interesting. Right now I have a custom website and a Wordpress blog. I was thinking about switching my site into a Wordpress format, but I like the flexibility that I currently have. Not that you comment cemented that, but it was nice to hear that I'm not the only one that felt that way. :D

I feel that for a photographer who doesn't know much or anything about web design, coding, etc... that perhaps a wordpress is good, in the sense that it gives them something to work with but allows a certain degree of customization. Other sites offer similar capabilities.

However, I started learning Photoshop/HTML/Design roughly 10 years ago, and more recently been learning CSS and at least the basics of utilizing outside javascripts as well. Years ago when I designed some websites for myself and a few others, I primarily started in photoshop, sliced the template, and worked with the HTML/CSS from there. I had chosen the Wordpress route to simplify things, but things ended up being not so simple because I couldn't just do whatever I want, I had to work around a number of things. Because of that, I'm going to see if I can whip something up in Photoshop with the 960 grid template and go from there.

Edit: though I will say I have been checking out zenfolio as well, it seems decent plus I like the client proofing and other features they offer.

Post #35, May 04, 2012 23:17:13

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographerexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Gear List

sponsored links
osh_sekta
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
1,117 posts
Latvia and Lithuania
[MORE/SHARE]

Aye! My web is also made on the Wordpress base. Feel free to check it out.

www.sektabrand.comexternal link

Post #36, May 06, 2012 09:43:36

- Olafs Osh
flickrexternal link | fbexternal link | OLAFSOSH.COMexternal link
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
Joined May 2009
12,504 posts
On The Roads Across America
[MORE/SHARE]

Not sure what limitations you guys are referring to? I've been able to use WP to do almost anything I want to. With a decent knowledge of how WP's template system works, it can be configured to power almost any type of site imaginable. WP powers my entire site, the galleries, blog, etc.. You just use custom templates for categories, and you can have completely different layouts, look, etc.. Then you just categorize each post to put that content wherever you wish.

About the only thing I don't like WP for is e-commerce, but then again I wouldnt use any ther CMS for that role anyways. E-commerce is best left to companies that do that for a living or if you're large enough, then you'd build your own system.

Beyond that I can't think of anything else that you can't do with with Wordpress.

Post #37, May 06, 2012 19:48:30

» America By Twilight - The Ultimate Photography Roadtripexternal link

I’m now living and working full-time on-the-road across the highways of America.
Accompanied by “Montana”, a beautiful Golden Irish who goes everywhere that I do.
Follow along on this modern journey to explore America by Twilightexternal link

Hikin ­ Mike
Joined Aug 2005
6,164 posts
Atwater, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14389805external link
Not sure what limitations you guys are referring to? I've been able to use WP to do almost anything I want to. With a decent knowledge of how WP's template system works, it can be configured to power almost any type of site imaginable. WP powers my entire site, the galleries, blog, etc.. You just use custom templates for categories, and you can have completely different layouts, look, etc.. Then you just categorize each post to put that content wherever you wish.

About the only thing I don't like WP for is e-commerce, but then again I wouldnt use any ther CMS for that role anyways. E-commerce is best left to companies that do that for a living or if you're large enough, then you'd build your own system.

Beyond that I can't think of anything else that you can't do with with Wordpress.

I was going to ask you about your FotoMoto experience. :D

Post #38, May 06, 2012 20:25:27

Images in the Backcountryexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Google+external link | Twitterexternal link
SEO for the Photographerexternal link | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masksexternal link
Canon 5D • 17-40 ƒ/4L • 300 ƒ/4L IS • 70-200 ƒ/4L • 50 ƒ/1.8 • 1.4x TC • Kenko Ext. Tubes

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
Joined May 2009
12,504 posts
On The Roads Across America
[MORE/SHARE]

Hikin Mike wrote in post #14389985external link
I was going to ask you about your FotoMoto experience. :D

So far so good. I've only started using them and I'm still trying to test their output with my desired results. Their service is great and one of better integration solutions I've found and one that requires very little work on my part. They take care of everything - womb to tomb, so to speak. Have had no customer complaints yet.

Post #39, May 06, 2012 21:54:40

» America By Twilight - The Ultimate Photography Roadtripexternal link

I’m now living and working full-time on-the-road across the highways of America.
Accompanied by “Montana”, a beautiful Golden Irish who goes everywhere that I do.
Follow along on this modern journey to explore America by Twilightexternal link

Hikin ­ Mike
Joined Aug 2005
6,164 posts
Atwater, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14390484external link
So far so good. I've only started using them and I'm still trying to test their output with my desired results. Their service is great and one of better integration solutions I've found and one that requires very little work on my part. They take care of everything - womb to tomb, so to speak. Have had no customer complaints yet.

Good to know. I'm still not ready to pull the plug on my custom site and switch over to a 100% WP framework.

Post #40, May 06, 2012 22:21:17

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
6,725 posts
Maryland
[MORE/SHARE]

I have been working on customizing the "Prestige" theme. Its still pretty far from live. But you can see the basics on the theme preview page.

http://themeforest.net ...te-wordpress-theme/132654external link

Post #41, May 06, 2012 22:29:32

I started a new showcase site for photographers and models. E-Mag coming soon! Please considder submitting!www.thelatentpixel.comexternal link

sponsored links
Cypther
Joined Feb 2011
147 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Lakyla.com

Post #42, May 08, 2012 08:30:13

Lakyla.comexternal link
5D Mark II | EF 16-35 II f/2.8 L | EF 35 f/1.4 L | EF 85 f/1.2 II L | EF 135 f/2.0 L | 2x 600EX-RT

johann3s
Joined May 2012
71 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I am currently working on my wordpress website. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and focus on the images themselves. I still would like to add some details, but in its current state, including my superfancy short url it is:

jn.vgexternal link ;)

Post #43, May 09, 2012 07:45:46

theague
Mr. Monkey Pants!
Joined Jun 2006
10,303 posts
Tacoma, WA
[MORE/SHARE]

johann3s wrote in post #14403923external link
I am currently working on my wordpress website. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and focus on the images themselves. I still would like to add some details, but in its current state, including my superfancy short url it is:

jn.vgexternal link ;)

Very simple. I like it. Are you using a theme for this?

Post #44, May 09, 2012 19:12:30

- Kody

johann3s
Joined May 2012
71 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks! The starting point is the Constellation themeexternal link, which is more of a framework. But i did a lot of customization.

Post #45, May 09, 2012 22:53:32

LIST NEARBY THREADS
3,322 views & 0 likes for this thread
Show me your customized Wordpress websites!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES