Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Digital Video
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #16
Maverick530

Default Re: PaintWars

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
pick up your 60D and shoot it at 1/120th.. this ss doesn't exist. O.o

i'm not saying i don't want input.. i'm correcting your statement because you believe that a stylistic choice is the only way to shoot something. (just like some people believe that shooting with only natural light is the ONLY way to shoot.. it's only a stylistic choice, not a rule) indeed it is a technique that some people use to achieve a certain look, but it is not the only way to shoot video. I'm double majoring at the art institute of california in digital photography and video production. going to a film school adds no credibility to your post.

using the 180 degree rule creates motion blur similar to what our eyes see. creating motion blur is counterintuitive when you slow-motion any footage.

this video would not have been possible shooting at 1/125th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTe2pB9VXIM
actually 1/120th is on my camera, and next, It was an opinion that i had, you dont have to take it if you dont want it or not.

and also

If you do not want people to give their opinions, do not put your work on the internet on a forum that was made to get other people opinions

other than that, i did like your video, the editing was really lovely, just would like the motion blur, but thats up to you.
Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #17
megawatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick530 View Post
actually 1/120th is on my camera, and next, It was an opinion that i had, you dont have to take it if you dont want it or not.

and also

If you do not want people to give their opinions, do not put your work on the internet on a forum that was made to get other people opinions

other than that, i did like your video, the editing was really lovely, just would like the motion blur, but thats up to you.
Dude, chill. You're batting zero for 100 right now. It's a forum, check your sources before you post, and make sure you can back up your statements.
megawatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #18
Maverick530

im not battling anyone, it was just my opinion, thats all. if you go to my first post on this forum you can see that, and i never said it was a rule to use the 180 rule, i just said it was my suggestion,
a friendly one at that, next the post saying stuff about 60fps so it was impossible to shoot at 1/50... well my bad i didnt know that it was shot in 60fps because it didnt say that anywhere, i just assumed the normal 24.

Ill repeat this, It was just a suggestion, because i even said it would look more cinematic. dont get yalls pantys in a bunch over a suggestion

i really dont see why im coming off ass an *******, either for just giving my opinion, Sorry if im coming off as one, i just thought i would share an opinion.

and for the guy who said check your information. yes the 180 rule for motion blur is double what your fps is so 1/48th for 24fps 1/60th for 30fps and 1/120th for 60fps, if your camera doesnt have those settings you go to one stop higher.

again im sorry for giving my opinion on your video, like i said i thought it was great, i just like the motion blur and its just my opinion whether anyone liked it or not.

Last edited by Maverick530 : 29th of April 2012 (Sun) at 13:14.
Maverick530 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #19
skwirnmn

just for you maverick.. 60fps and 1/125th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8XJwT6--g
Flickr
Facebook
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #20
Arson24

Quote:

thats another good one sir!

@ 1:53 play on much haha
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #21
Maverick530

Quote:

really close though lol, but cool video you posted.
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #22
skwirnmn

Quote:
really close though lol, but cool video you posted.
dude, i have no clue what kind of 60D you own, but the shutter speed is only adjustable in 1/3rd stop increments, and 1/120th does not exist on it.. even if you set it to 1/2 stop increments, you have 1/90 and 1/125.
Flickr
Facebook
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #23
Maverick530

Quote:
dude, i have no clue what kind of 60D you own, but the shutter speed is only adjustable in 1/3rd stop increments, and 1/120th does not exist on it.. even if you set it to 1/2 stop increments, you have 1/90 and 1/125.
okay 1/125

i believe that the setting is actually 1/120 but since digital cameras dont do that the only other thing to do it bump it up one more to 1/125
something about double the fps.

Last edited by Maverick530 : 30th of April 2012 (Mon) at 19:30.
Maverick530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #24
Maverick530

Quote:
pick up your 60D and shoot it at 1/120th.. this ss doesn't exist. O.o

i'm not saying i don't want input.. i'm correcting your statement because you believe that a stylistic choice is the only way to shoot something. (just like some people believe that shooting with only natural light is the ONLY way to shoot.. it's only a stylistic choice, not a rule) indeed it is a technique that some people use to achieve a certain look, but it is not the only way to shoot video. I'm double majoring at the art institute of california in digital photography and video production. going to a film school adds no credibility to your post.

using the 180 degree rule creates motion blur similar to what our eyes see. creating motion blur is counterintuitive when you slow-motion any footage.

this video would not have been possible shooting at 1/125th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTe2pB9VXIM
i never saw, this post here, or the end of it, so im really sorry if im still coming off as a dick dude, i like your video
Old 3rd of May 2012 (Thu)   #25
skwirnmn

Quote:
i never saw, this post here, or the end of it, so im really sorry if im still coming off as a dick dude, i like your video
oh, no.. not at all.. i guess i was a little upset because you told me something i already knew and i responded arrogantly. i appreciate your critique. i choose my settings based off of the style of work i do, of course, it differs greatly from the motion pictures you produce so you shoot your stuff differently.
Flickr
Facebook