Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Sports Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st of May 2012 (Tue)   #1
westside8

Default Shooting for a team - charge?

I've been asked to shoot for a team at one of their tournaments for a couple of their games. I have no idea what a "reasonable" charge is. I have never been paid to shoot and these are just rec teams looking for some pictures at a local tournament.

It will pretty close to where I live (minimal travel) and I will be there to shoot 1 or 2 games (about 75 minutes in length).

What should I include in my "package" and at what price? Should it just be a CD with all the original pictures? Or should I provide proofs and ask them to purchase prints from me?

This is all new as this is the first time I've been approached with a paid assignment, all my previous ones have been me shooting for friends (or friend's teams) and just trying to build a portfolio (and more as a hobby).

Also wondering what is a good way to "promote" myself at the event so I can land some more gigs in the future? Was thinking having business cards and wear a shirt with my website URL on the back. How about having a few pictures from my site on my iPad so I can quickly show people some of the work I have done?

Thanks for all the help in advanced.
westside8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #2
ChunkyDA
Goldmember

Default Re: Shooting for a team - charge?

Do you need to make money? Is your work on a professional level? Do you have insurance in case you or your gear get hit by a ball or player? In 2009 you were a newbie, I'd need much more information to set your prices for you.
ChunkyDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #3
westside8

Default Re: Shooting for a team - charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyDA View Post
Do you need to make money? Is your work on a professional level? Do you have insurance in case you or your gear get hit by a ball or player? In 2009 you were a newbie, I'd need much more information to set your prices for you.
I would eventually like to make money. This is still a hobby so at the moment I wouldn't mind just getting compensated for my time and go from there.

No insurance on my gear at this point but I'm in the process of looking into it
westside8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member