Shooting for a team - charge?

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk
Thread started 01 May 2012 (Tuesday) 12:21   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

westside8
Joined Apr 2009
61 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I've been asked to shoot for a team at one of their tournaments for a couple of their games. I have no idea what a "reasonable" charge is. I have never been paid to shoot and these are just rec teams looking for some pictures at a local tournament.

It will pretty close to where I live (minimal travel) and I will be there to shoot 1 or 2 games (about 75 minutes in length).

What should I include in my "package" and at what price? Should it just be a CD with all the original pictures? Or should I provide proofs and ask them to purchase prints from me?

This is all new as this is the first time I've been approached with a paid assignment, all my previous ones have been me shooting for friends (or friend's teams) and just trying to build a portfolio (and more as a hobby).

Also wondering what is a good way to "promote" myself at the event so I can land some more gigs in the future? Was thinking having business cards and wear a shirt with my website URL on the back. How about having a few pictures from my site on my iPad so I can quickly show people some of the work I have done?

Thanks for all the help in advanced.

Post #1, May 01, 2012 12:21:53

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
ChunkyDA
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2007
3,494 posts
Emerald Coast, FL
[MORE/SHARE]

Do you need to make money? Is your work on a professional level? Do you have insurance in case you or your gear get hit by a ball or player? In 2009 you were a newbie, I'd need much more information to set your prices for you.

Post #2, May 02, 2012 07:04:55

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lostexternal link
Gear list and some feedback

westside8
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Apr 2009
61 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

ChunkyDA wrote in post #14365491external link
Do you need to make money? Is your work on a professional level? Do you have insurance in case you or your gear get hit by a ball or player? In 2009 you were a newbie, I'd need much more information to set your prices for you.

I would eventually like to make money. This is still a hobby so at the moment I wouldn't mind just getting compensated for my time and go from there.

No insurance on my gear at this point but I'm in the process of looking into it

Post #3, May 02, 2012 09:48:01

LIST NEARBY THREADS
730 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shooting for a team - charge?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES