FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 15 Apr 2012 (Sunday) 20:36   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

cnv
Joined Mar 2008
130 posts
Lehi, Utah
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, however considering the large majority of the content on my web site is glamour I thought this would be safer.

I have recently redesigned my site and I would like to get some feedback.

www.cnvstudios.comexternal link

I know that I am having some display issues in some mac browsers. I am working on correcting that. Also, you have to view it in an HTML 5 compliant browser. In other words, IE 6, 7, snf 8 will not display the proper transparency settings.

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

Post #1, Apr 15, 2012 20:36:27

My Tools: Canon 5D MRK II - A mess of lenses I probably don't need - A College Degree that I know I don't need.
See my work here: Portrait & Fine Art Photographyexternal link | Glamour Photographyexternal link|Portrait Fan Pageexternal link|Glamour Fan Pageexternal link|Rules For Menexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
cacique
Joined Jul 2011
56 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Site design look great.. works great for me on the mac

Post #2, Apr 26, 2012 15:48:25

www.caciquephotography​.comexternal link

Chewy734
Joined Jul 2011
130 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

nice job with the site! The only thing I don't like is the word "photography" on the top of the page.

Post #3, May 02, 2012 17:52:47

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
1,338 posts
Southen Arizona
[MORE/SHARE]

I like everything about your new site with the exception of the font choice. I think you need something a bit strong for easy readability, especially when the background has those intriguing hints of an image.

Post #4, May 06, 2012 15:58:50

cnv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2008
130 posts
Lehi, Utah
[MORE/SHARE]

Chewy - What bothers you about the word "Photography"? The size? The fact that it's there?

AZGeorge - Are you refering to the font choice on the navigation?

Post #5, May 06, 2012 20:44:59

My Tools: Canon 5D MRK II - A mess of lenses I probably don't need - A College Degree that I know I don't need.
See my work here: Portrait & Fine Art Photographyexternal link | Glamour Photographyexternal link|Portrait Fan Pageexternal link|Glamour Fan Pageexternal link|Rules For Menexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Chewy734
Joined Jul 2011
130 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

cnv wrote in post #14390125external link
Chewy - What bothers you about the word "Photography"? The size? The fact that it's there?

It just seems like it's not needed there since it covers a lot of your background image.

Post #6, May 07, 2012 18:40:12

cpam.pix
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
1,246 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I'll second the need for a font change.

The "Century Schoolbook" (I think) in white on black for the blog is hard to read on my monitor. The white strokes of the font are too delicate and overpowered by the black background. It's normally one of my favorite fonts, but in this case it needs some help.

Post #7, May 07, 2012 19:39:30

1D-III with stuff to stick on it:
70-200L, 28-70L, 24-105L, 300L, 50, 10-17 fish, 2.0x TC

cnv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2008
130 posts
Lehi, Utah
[MORE/SHARE]

Ok I will take a look at that and see if I can find something a bit more bold for the body copy.

As for the word photography - I can screen it back a bit more so it is not as opaque on the image. I am hesitant to remove it for seo reasons. Without it there is very little content on the page. However, I will put some thought into something that might work better.

Post #8, May 08, 2012 00:18:11

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,307 views & 0 likes for this thread
Web site design...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES