FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 05 May 2012 (Saturday) 03:08   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

mazen
Joined Feb 2012
26 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello,
I know I should not be asking this here, but I have been here long enough to feel I am surrounded by a family of great experts.
I have been thinking for the last two years about going film cameras. I Do landscape mainly, and I have been using DSLR cameras ( Canon). I have always wanted to do panoramic photography with a camera like Linhof or fuji, and I have been saving the money in the last two years and I will be able to get a camera within one year.
I have always asked myself, Is it really worth what I am doing? I answered yes, since this is the thing I wanna do and I want to turn it in business and type LARGE PRINTS.
Anyway, since I have this plan in my mind, I want to familiarize myself with film photography. But I have zero knowledge about this area. So
1-is there any source where I can learn more about film photography ?
2- What is the range of shutter speed on those panoramic cameras like linhof technorama 617s iii?, and does it depend on the body or the lens?.
3- How can I control the shutter speed, and aperture? Is the controlling done through the lens itself?
4- When I develop a color film, can I scan the negative to my computer and get the picture and print it?,
5-what is a type of good scanner and how much does it cost?
6- I know when I buy a body like linhof or fuji I need basically a lens, center filter, and a case. What else?
7- Whats a light meter, How can I use it, and Is it essential in this type of photography?.

Thank You
Mazen

Post #1, May 05, 2012 03:08:41

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
44,434 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

this is as good a place as any to ask. why don't you start by shooting some pano's with your current DSLR and learn the techniques with it before you jump in with a MF body.

Post #2, May 05, 2012 10:12:21

LIST NEARBY THREADS
335 views & 0 likes for this thread
Panoramic photography
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES