Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th of May 2012 (Sat)   #1
mazen

Default Panoramic photography

Hello,
I know I should not be asking this here, but I have been here long enough to feel I am surrounded by a family of great experts.
I have been thinking for the last two years about going film cameras. I Do landscape mainly, and I have been using DSLR cameras ( Canon). I have always wanted to do panoramic photography with a camera like Linhof or fuji, and I have been saving the money in the last two years and I will be able to get a camera within one year.
I have always asked myself, Is it really worth what I am doing? I answered yes, since this is the thing I wanna do and I want to turn it in business and type LARGE PRINTS.
Anyway, since I have this plan in my mind, I want to familiarize myself with film photography. But I have zero knowledge about this area. So
1-is there any source where I can learn more about film photography ?
2- What is the range of shutter speed on those panoramic cameras like linhof technorama 617s iii?, and does it depend on the body or the lens?.
3- How can I control the shutter speed, and aperture? Is the controlling done through the lens itself?
4- When I develop a color film, can I scan the negative to my computer and get the picture and print it?,
5-what is a type of good scanner and how much does it cost?
6- I know when I buy a body like linhof or fuji I need basically a lens, center filter, and a case. What else?
7- Whats a light meter, How can I use it, and Is it essential in this type of photography?.

Thank You
Mazen
mazen is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 5th of May 2012 (Sat)   #2
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Panoramic photography

this is as good a place as any to ask. why don't you start by shooting some pano's with your current DSLR and learn the techniques with it before you jump in with a MF body.
rick_reno is offline   Reply With Quote