Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Weddings and Other Family Events Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th of May 2012 (Mon)   #91
Arman's Photography

Default Re: GraphiStudio WPPI Promotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceFire View Post
My order was on hold for a long time because of the payment issue. Finally my rep fixed that. It's still asking for my credit card information but the balance says "$0" and she said I could just leave it alone. I told her I needed the album for a bridal show on May 10th and she said she'd put a note on there to have it ship by May 5th. So, it should be here soon!
They will ship it when you receive tracking number, after that you will get it within 3 days
2x5D MII gripped, 24-70mm f2.8 L, 70-200mm f2.8 II ISL, 580EXII,580EXII,2xYN565II ....
Arman's Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #92
PeaceFire
Goldmember

It got here this afternoon. Man that thing is HEAVY! I got a 14x14 (SO glad I didn't get the 16x16 as encouraged). It has 60 pages (I usually create 30 page albums but I've been trying to upsell to about 50 pages as that's my design preference so I decided to show what I want to sell), the thick pages but not the super thick pages... and it's just massive. I almost thing it might be *too* big. But it's beautiful, I am definitely very impressed and happy with it. The parent album also looks great and the "friend" albums are... well, I'm not sure I'd ever sell them but maybe include them in a package or toss them in as an incentive.

All in all I'm happy. I will use Graphistudio again.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #93
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop

I know what you mean. I got the 12X12 and it is HEAVY.
scorpio_e is online now   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #94
sonnyc
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_e View Post
I know what you mean. I got the 12X12 and it is HEAVY.
Which paper did you get?

I got a 16x12 one with metallic paper last year and while it's good, I wish I had gone with their pearl paper which looks really nice from the sample booklet.

Graphi customer service was hit and miss as well as their quality a few years ago that's why you still see people ripping them. But I think they improved quite a lot since and offer pretty good product.

Their pages are a bit thinner than I'd like.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #95
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop

I got the pearl paper and I am disappointed. It is just a bit too flat of a finish for me. *LOL*
I had an album made for a client in the Photo Paper. I liked the finish better and the client was happy with the finish too.

I actually had a client album made before I had my sample album.

Graphi customer and technical service has been great too. No complaints here.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #96
PeaceFire
Goldmember

I got the textures paper, no lamination. I don't like shiny papers in albums for sample albums because they are always on display at those convention centers with the crazy bright lights and I find this type of paper gets fewer finger prints and less glare. But I do appreciate the book with the sample papers for client purposes. I wish I'd seen it before because would have opted for either the smooth or pearl paper with the satin lamination since those seem very smudge free and low glare.
Old 10th of May 2013 (Fri)   #97
Eyenvent

So are you guys still use Graphi? I started with Bayphoto and their albums are just gorgeous and sturdy. Has anyone used Bay and Graphi for comparison? A 12x12 tooled leather with photo cut and 34 pages cost me 360 shipped. Would Graphi be at same pricing point?
Eyenvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of May 2013 (Fri)   #98
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop

I think you are going to be a bit higher as far as pricing goes. Still using them and still happy with their service. I like their design software too.
Old 10th of May 2013 (Fri)   #99
Eyenvent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_e View Post
I think you are going to be a bit higher as far as pricing goes. Still using them and still happy with their service. I like their design software too.
Higher with Graphi? Btw their sample albums are stamped Sample? Just wondering.
Old 10th of May 2013 (Fri)   #100
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop

Yep higher with Graphi. I have my logo on the outside. The left inside cover is marked as studio sample. There are no other studio sample indications through the sample album.
Old 10th of May 2013 (Fri)   #101
Eyenvent

Awesome. Thanks Scorpio.