Making My First Website/Business Cards

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 04 May 2012 (Friday) 17:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

ImaginingOrange
Joined May 2012
30 posts
[MORE/SHARE]
banned
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
Joined Aug 2005
6,165 posts
Atwater, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

No templates for me. I used Illustrator to create my logo and business card. I use a text editor (Notepad++) to code the website and FTP'd the files using FileZilla Client.

Site is in my sig...

Post #2, May 04, 2012 18:31:10

Images in the Backcountryexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Google+external link | Twitterexternal link
SEO for the Photographerexternal link | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masksexternal link
Canon 5D • 17-40 ƒ/4L • 300 ƒ/4L IS • 70-200 ƒ/4L • 50 ƒ/1.8 • 1.4x TC • Kenko Ext. Tubes
http://www.pinterest.c​om/pin/create/extensio​n/external link

ImaginingOrange
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2012
30 posts
[MORE/SHARE]
banned
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
Patrick
Joined Jun 2008
596 posts
WV
[MORE/SHARE]

Vista prints has cheap cards. Over the years I've ordered cards from several online companies as well as local printers. The last cards I ordered were from Moo.
It is true, you get what you pay for. I will be ordering from Moo from now on.
Relatively speaking, they're not expensive for what you get.

I've heard nothing but good things about Squarespace. Just about every hosting company now offers a web site builder program with samples of what you can do. You can make it look less "cookie cutter" by adding your own touches of course.

If you want to sell photos and use a template site your options are quite limited.
You could purchase some sort of shopping software and use it with a template site too.

I read that flickr has some sort of integration with Mpix which allows you to sale photos.

Post #4, May 06, 2012 08:55:48 as a reply to ImaginingOrange's post 19 hours earlier.

Bodies, Lenses, Lights, Stands, Transmitters, Receivers, Tripods, Meters, etc...

letsbewild
Joined Apr 2012
333 posts
Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

I like www.Overnightprints.co​mexternal link for my business cards - I usually wait until they have a really good sale and then the cards are usually only a few bucks plus shipping. The paper stock is thick and they've always done a good job with my business cards and postcards. You can usually find coupon codes for them online too.

As for websites, you have tons of options. I like using a self hosted installation of WordPress...you have a lot of freedom to customize it however you want.

Post #5, May 07, 2012 08:56:25

Nick
http://www.letsbewild.​com/photography-course/external link
http://www.letsbewild.​comexternal link

sponsored links
michael ­ Lee
Joined Jan 2012
136 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Www.22slides.comexternal link. $10 bucks a month with a free trial. Support has been awesome and I love the horizontal scrolling.

Post #6, May 09, 2012 10:32:20

criTalon
Joined Mar 2010
40 posts
SoCal
[MORE/SHARE]

If you are going for quality business cards, check out tasteofink.com. They are a bit pricier, so be sure to know what you want, cuz it's not a small investment.

Post #7, May 10, 2012 19:22:13

"I've found there's a fine line to chasing a dream and being a bum...but along the way, it's always an adventure - life is what you make it" - Lindsey Stirling
500px

fotojennik
Joined Aug 2011
213 posts
Pittsburgh
[MORE/SHARE]

If you want a website with templates that allows people to place orders have you looked at SmugMug and Zenfolio?

Post #8, May 11, 2012 06:58:22

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographerexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Gear List

Drixar
Joined Jul 2011
253 posts
Essex, England
[MORE/SHARE]

If you want Qaulity Business cards i either suggest MOO or you design one yourself using illustrator (or indesign) and source a printer close to you, if you go this route you'll have alot more options but ofcourse you get what you pay for no matter what way you go.

On all template sites you can get an ebuyer kind of option but this wouldnt be as smooth as the photomerchant.net if you ask me that one looks fantastic, have you tried a trial? if not i suggest to use the 14day trial just to see if you like all the custom options available, most of these site will let you code your own aswell, ofcourse some dont.

if you do want a logo/Business card drawn up in illustrator PM me, ill be able to do something.

Post #9, May 14, 2012 07:48:52

Canon 400D(Rebel XTi) | 15-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 MII |Raynox 250 macro conversion | Cheap Extension Tubes | 55-250 IS II.
Note; I am able to Design logo's upon request.
My Razziexternal link

ShotByTom
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2005
2,650 posts
Indianapolis
[MORE/SHARE]

I used photocrati wordpress theme, very much like a template, to create my website:

www.wildharephoto.comexternal link

Post #10, Nov 19, 2012 20:19:30

Gear
Websiteexternal link

GwagDesigns
Joined Nov 2007
299 posts
Seattle, Washington
[MORE/SHARE]

I build my first website coding within SmugMug, and use it mainly for event work and mass galleries/print sales, www.gwagdesigns.comexternal link. My portfolio, www.davehintzphoto.comexternal link resides on squareSpace, couldn't be happier. Business cards done in photoshop and printed though overnightprints.com

Post #11, Nov 20, 2012 09:49:43

[7D] - [GF1 w/14mm f2.5] - 70-200f4L | 50mm f1.2L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 f2.8 | Sigma 18-50 f2.8[U]
davehintzphoto.comexternal link | Twitterexternal link | "Like" Meexternal link on FaceBook

sponsored links

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,733 views & 0 likes for this thread
Making My First Website/Business Cards
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES