Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #1
Steiny

Default Mark II N value

I have got a 1D Mark II N that I am thinking of selling. I have looked on Ebay and have seen some recently sell for at the lowest $600 up to $900. I tried looking on here for some history of people selling that camera but could not find anything too recently.

The one I have is in pretty good shape. There are two things wrong with it. One is where the neck strap is attached, there is a little corrosion on those silver metal part there. It is not pretty but not that bad and certainly does not impact anything functionality wise. Also, the display does not light up when you push the button that is on top of the camera. Not sure what is going on with that.

On the plus side, I sent it back to Canon about a year ago for cleaning and to check the shutter. The shutter had a couple hundred thousand clicks so I had it replaced and the camera cleaned. Since then I have hardly used it and it has easily less than 1000 clicks on the new shutter.

I do not have the original box, but I did purchase two additional 3rd party batteries for it plus it has a Canon batter that I have no idea how much life it could have. I have the battery charger and the original manual plus a few other caps that came with it.

I was initially thinking maybe I could get $300 to $400 for it. But after looking at Ebay and seeing $600 and up for similar cameras, that makes me a little happier should I decide to sell it. Bottom line is I just do not use it all that much anymore so I was thinking of parting with it and using the money on something else photography wise or other.

I try to list things here on this forum first as I have found this forum a valuable resource. I would like to get some opinion on listing it here and what would be a fair value for it. Feel free to private message me here if you would like to. I am just trying to get a feel on what I can get here for it.
Steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #2
Brendo666

Default Re: Mark II N value

I think there were a couple within the last two weeks that have sold here...

EDIT: Also look too see how much one of these is selling for at used Adorama.

1D MK III | 5Dc | 35 1.4L | 85 1.8 | 100 2.8L
Website | Flickr | 500px | Instagram

Last edited by Brendo666 : 10th of May 2012 (Thu) at 23:07.
Brendo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #3
S.Horton
dǝǝɥs ɐ ʎq pǝʞuɐds

For valuation check keh.com.

S.Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #4
romeokc10

I saw a few here in California on Craigslist for $900.
romeokc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #5
effstop

It depends on condition, number of clicks, batteries (OEM & after-market) but I've seen them sell here for as low $750 (low side) but closer to $900-$1K.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #6
Virto

KEH is usually on the high-side of value, but if the normal 1D2 sells for 500-700 lately (based on the for sale forum here) the 1D2n should be 1-200 more.

Now that Canon has stopped servicing the 1D2/1D2n, prices may slowly filter down.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #7
cfcRebel
Cream of the Crop

I saw one with 130K clicks went for $600. I think yours can get a bit higher than that.

Canon | SIGMA | TAMRON | Kenko | Amvona
cfcRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #8
avan

Here in Montreal at $800-900 they don't sale. There is a 1D2 at $650 in the display for a couple month now.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #9
Tom Reichner
Cream of the Crop

I have seen quite a few listed in the $800 range. Unfortunately for the sellers, these don't seem to sell. I did see one on Craigslist last week for $550, and presumably it sold, because it is not listed anymore.
I sold mine a year and a half ago, for $850. I'm glad I sold it then, because I doubt I could get anything close to that nowadays.
Please do not send me a PM! Email me instead at tomreichner@yahoo.com My PM inbox is full, and I don't want to delete what's there. Email never gets full; please use that instead - I'd love to hear from you!
Tom Reichner is offline   Reply With Quote