Thread started 10 May 2012 (Thursday) 16:32   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Marzunia
Joined Sep 2009
86 posts
South Bucks, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi everyone,
I have recently came across something strange that was advertised on Youtube (as i remember well). I opened the website called asian wedding photography and was completaly shocked. The gallery of presumably his/her (no name at all) work of 10 years is full of pictures of other photographers with logos on !!!! and also taken from stock image websites!!! ( or am I wrong and forgive me) It made me speechless. So I am working hard to build up portfolio, working for free sometimes and trying to improve my skills and knowledge and there you go...
Enjoy: http://www.asianweddin​gphotography.biz/external link

I just wonder what this logo of Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers there means.

Post #1, May 10, 2012 16:32:43

Marzena
EOS 1D mark III, EOS 400D with kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Speedlite 580EX II, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, 50mm 1.4
EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM,
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 III, Hama Star 63, Hoya Polarizers

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
PeaceFire
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2009
2,281 posts
Glendale, AZ - Chico, CA - Duluth, MN
[MORE/SHARE]

I have no idea what you are referring to. I see one gallery that has about 20 pictures in it from maybe 3-4 weddings that look consistent with each other (so presumably from the same photographer) and no logos anywhere. Not sure if you're trying to give a competitor a bad name or something, but this is not the place to do it. If there's another gallery on that site I'm not seeing point the way, but his main gallery looks legit.

Post #2, May 10, 2012 17:25:36

My Gear List / My Blogexternal link

spb
Joined Nov 2009
582 posts
NH
[MORE/SHARE]

PeaceFire, on the first page of the gallery see images 10 and 18.

Post #3, May 10, 2012 17:46:18 as a reply to PeaceFire's post 20 minutes earlier.

60d | 50d | grip | 11-16 2.8 | 17-55 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-105 | 70-200 II | 60 macro | 580EXII x2
flickrexternal link | gear | feedback

PeaceFire
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2009
2,281 posts
Glendale, AZ - Chico, CA - Duluth, MN
[MORE/SHARE]

So why don't you contact the person who's photo was stolen and alert him of it? It may be a wedding they worked on together, too, and this person may have every right to share that image. Although with a website like that I highly doubt they're getting much business, anyway.

Post #4, May 10, 2012 18:09:58

My Gear List / My Blogexternal link

brokensocial
Joined Apr 2012
481 posts
Chicago, Illinois
[MORE/SHARE]

I just read something today about a photographer who used other togs' pictures and got busted on Twitter, Facebook, etc, overnight...

Post #5, May 10, 2012 22:30:40

[mike and frida] photography - we shoot stuff.
chicago wedding photographyexternal link | chicago wedding photography blogexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Marzunia
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2009
86 posts
South Bucks, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

PeaceFire wrote in post #14412520external link
I have no idea what you are referring to. I see one gallery that has about 20 pictures in it from maybe 3-4 weddings that look consistent with each other (so presumably from the same photographer) and no logos anywhere. Not sure if you're trying to give a competitor a bad name or something, but this is not the place to do it. If there's another gallery on that site I'm not seeing point the way, but his main gallery looks legit.

I am not trying to be mean and to bring a bad name to competition is not my way. I am not that person. Have no idea why you got it this way. I doubt you would be sitting quietly if you spotted your pictures in somebody's portfolio. It is dicgraceful thing to do and on high scale these days ( did you read about Tesco?). And i guess that matter needs attention no matter who does it. In that particular gallery pictures are coming from yay images stock image website, from christophe and another photographer still with watermaks on if you look really carefully at pictures. And no, they are not consistent in style and editing in any way. That's another thing which is visible. It is like somebody thrown a mixture of everything in a one pot.

Post #6, May 11, 2012 04:48:35

Marzena
EOS 1D mark III, EOS 400D with kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Speedlite 580EX II, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, 50mm 1.4
EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM,
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 III, Hama Star 63, Hoya Polarizers

reneefk
Joined Jul 2010
217 posts
CA
[MORE/SHARE]

brokensocial- I read that today too:

http://www.examiner.co​m ...own-a-wedding-photo-fakerexternal link

Post #7, May 11, 2012 22:15:08

LIST NEARBY THREADS
879 views & 0 likes for this thread