Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 14 May 2012 (Monday) 09:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Pictures of a Wedding we did.

ksasser
34 posts
Joined Dec 2010
May 14, 2012 09:39 |  #1

Tell us what you think. The first wedding my wife ever done.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012
Harrisburg, PA
May 14, 2012 09:48 |  #2

1) I would brighten the bride's eye a bit. It's dark grey and very unpleasant to me.
2) A little too much head room. I would clone out those weird lines (shadow from the flower on her head) on the wooden panel. It's a little distracting. It's a little too grainy for me but that's just personal taste. The harsh shadow from her head makes it look weird.

Just my thoughts. I still like the pictures though =)

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographerexternal link

ksasser
THREAD ­ STARTER
34 posts
Joined Dec 2010
May 14, 2012 10:00 |  #3

well i guess when i resized the picture it made it alittle grainy...because the picture i have doesn't look that grainy...but its alot bigger...lol

tmoore323
Goldmember
1,945 posts
Joined Oct 2010
May 14, 2012 10:03 |  #4

Look a little over cooked to me, and I would fix the underarm "shine" on 1.

ksasser
THREAD ­ STARTER
34 posts
Joined Dec 2010
May 14, 2012 10:07 |  #5

first time i've ever used lightroom...normally use corel paint shop pro

James33
Joined Jan 2009
Memphis, TN
May 14, 2012 15:15 |  #6

Not very good, I'm afraid. I recommend not using excessive post processing until you learn the basics like off camera flash, exposure control, and focus.

#1 look out of focus and as stated her eyes have no pupil - kinda gray. The excessive vignette looks really bad at the groom's waist area, and not a fan of the tilt here either. Also looks over processed. The composition on this could be greatly improved by changing the angle and eliminating the brown pole and getting the flash off the camera.

#2 looks like on camera flash - notice the hard shadow on the wall behind the bride? The composition is not very good either - the brown pole thing to her right makes you think "What the heck is that and what are those brown lines (legs of a giant bug? Plant branches??) about head height.

I would hope this was done for a friend at no cost. It's a lot to learn and weddings are exceptionally hard. Maybe spend time learning basic portraiture and go from there.

www.jamesparkerphoto.c​omexternal link

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,400 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Kalama, WA USA
May 15, 2012 02:09 |  #7

Actually they look like they have been over processed to correct basic exposure flaws. I don't think either of these should make it to the final presentation.

Weddings should present soft beauty, especially for the bride. And colors should be as near an identical match to reality as is possible.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

sponsored links

796 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pictures of a Wedding we did.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.