Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of May 2012 (Mon)   #6721
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

Default Re: General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread

Yes, I have it on my home TVs, my computers & my iPhone. I love it!!
We just left beautiful Flagstaff AZ & will stop in 2 hours in Gallup, New Mexico. Tomorrow we will go to Mesa Verde Nat'l Park in Colorado.

BTW, my son in law wants the baby to be a boy so I am rooting him on. I really don't care at all so if he wants a boy, I will root for one with him

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
Maureen Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of May 2012 (Tue)   #6722
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread

I love having a granddaughter, I have to admit, since I never had a daughter to raise. You had 2 daughters to raise, so you know the drill. I FACETIMEd the kids last night and Annie remembered me. She was all smiles. I miss her so much.
My Gear and Wishes

SuzyView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #6723
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

We had an amazing day at Mesa Verde Park but the climbing down & back up from the cliff dwellings was treacherous! Still, it was worth it & very awesome. Then we drove over the Continental Divide.... Gorgeous scenery. Now we are almost to Pueblo, CO & will drive into Denver to visit our nieces & nephew for a couple hours. Tomorrow night we will land in Cheyanne, WY.

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #6724
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Enjoy that drive, Mo, there's nothing in WY to see. Ken's parents lived in Evanston for a few years. That drive from WY to UT was sparse to say the least. But it's a wide open sky, that's for sure. We could see thunderstorms for miles ahead in the night-time.
My Gear and Wishes

Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #6725
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Morning! I just got done with my morning errands and will be doing crazy busy stuff today. Hope to drop in sometime, but I doubt it. It's beautiful here, but muggy. Fog is lifting after 2 days of rain. Hope you are all well.
My Gear and Wishes

Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #6726
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Souza View Post
... Tomorrow night we will land in Cheyenne, WY.
Love Cheyenne! We lived there from 1974 to 1978 and I was assigned to the Francis Warren Air Force Base as an Army Liaison officer
5D, 30D, 7D, G11, 10-22MM EF-S, 50MM f/1.4 EF, 70-200MM f/2.8 L IS MKII, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 100MM f/2.8 EF Macro, Sigma 30MM f/1.4, 135MM EF f/2 L, 24-105MM f/4 EF L IS, 17-40MM f/4 EF L, 85MM f/1.2 EFL, 15MM f/2.8 EF Fisheye
JimAskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #6727
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

Greetings from Guernsey, Wyoming. We are 3 hours from Mt. Rushmore and it looks like we will have some intermittent rain during our time there. Oh well.
We had a wonderful day in Denver as 2 of my nieces and their families live there. My great nephew, Liam showed me where a robin nest was in his playhouse with 4 chicks in it. I managed to climb in but it was soooo tiny and dark in there plus the windows were behind the birds. But, i cranked out a few efforts on the camera and I did not want to use flask. So the DOF is narrow and the lighting is a bit funky but I am happy with the results despite the challenges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Robins.jpg (149.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Robin.jpg (136.2 KB, 30 views)

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6728
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Souza View Post
Greetings from Guernsey, Wyoming. We are 3 hours from Mt. Rushmore and it looks like we will have some intermittent rain during our time there. Oh well.
We had a wonderful day in Denver as 2 of my nieces and their families live there. My great nephew, Liam showed me where a robin nest was in his playhouse with 4 chicks in it. I managed to climb in but it was soooo tiny and dark in there plus the windows were behind the birds. But, i cranked out a few efforts on the camera and I did not want to use flask. So the DOF is narrow and the lighting is a bit funky but I am happy with the results despite the challenges.
Great nature photos, Mo. Enjoy Wyoming
5D, 30D, 7D, G11, 10-22MM EF-S, 50MM f/1.4 EF, 70-200MM f/2.8 L IS MKII, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 100MM f/2.8 EF Macro, Sigma 30MM f/1.4, 135MM EF f/2 L, 24-105MM f/4 EF L IS, 17-40MM f/4 EF L, 85MM f/1.2 EFL, 15MM f/2.8 EF Fisheye
JimAskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6729
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Why are you excusing those images, Mo. They are amazing.

Happy Thursday! It's absolutely beautiful here in NOVA. Nice and breezy with sun and 70's today. I'll take it. I'll take more, too.
My Gear and Wishes

Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6730
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

Thanks, Suzie. If you had seen the conditions I shot in, you would be amazed that anything came out I was in a space designed for 2-5 year olds & a couple of shots I didn't even look thru the camera; held it over my head for a little more DOF. We are now checking out & will be at Rushmore in 3 hours.

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6731
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Nice. Hope the weather is nice, Mo.

I just got off the phone with Dan, who's 3 hours late getting home today. I got the kitchen ready for the cleaning ladies.

I'm exhausted already.

Happy Thursday!
My Gear and Wishes

Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6732
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

We made it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rushmore.jpg (147.6 KB, 23 views)

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #6733
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Wonderful! Sharp! Now go to the Sitting bull tourist trap. That thing is huge compared to Mt. Rushmore.
My Gear and Wishes

Old 18th of May 2012 (Fri)   #6734
Maureen Souza
Ms. Moderator

You mean Crazy Horse Yes, we went I loved it!

5DIII x2
Canon Lenses:
50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0,
300/f4, 24-70!
Pro1
Old 18th of May 2012 (Fri)   #6735
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop

Yes, my son corrected me. Crazy Horse monument. I think it's even more spectacular and fun. Unfortunately, it never got finished.

I think I caught a cold yesterday because both my youngest are sick and I can't think straight for beans and I have to teach today. My throat is killing me! Oh well. Take some meds and get going, I guess.
My Gear and Wishes