Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th of May 2012 (Sun)   #1
slowfox

Default G 1X Sensor Dust

Love the IQ of this camera. It is everything that I hoped it would be. Unfortunately, it came from the factory with a dirty sensor. There are at least 4 dust spots that really show up on HDR photos.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does Canon agree to clean the sensor under the warranty?

{EDIT} It's 4 days old.
Pentax K200D, K20D, and more K-mount glass than anyone has a right to.

Last edited by slowfox : 13th of May 2012 (Sun) at 16:34.
slowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 13th of May 2012 (Sun)   #2
sbgagne

Default Re: G 1X Sensor Dust

I would exchange it if it is only four days old. Who knows what other problems it has if it came from the factory like that.
sbgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of May 2012 (Wed)   #3
slowfox

The Canon rep told my local Brick and Mortar store that they would exchange the camera. I pick it up today (the morning after I took it in). Good advice and WTG Canon!
Pentax K200D, K20D, and more K-mount glass than anyone has a right to.
slowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of May 2012 (Thu)   #4
sbgagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfox View Post
The Canon rep told my local Brick and Mortar store that they would exchange the camera. I pick it up today (the morning after I took it in). Good advice and WTG Canon!
Glad it worked out. Enjoy it!
sbgagne is offline   Reply With Quote