Thread started 19 May 2012 (Saturday) 13:21   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

irishman
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2007
4,098 posts
Scottsdale, AZ
[MORE/SHARE]

If I'm just going to be taking a landscape shot with the eclipsed sun in the background, do I need to use any special filter? The sun will be just large enough to tell its eclipsed, not a full frame shot of it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Post #1, May 19, 2012 13:21:26

6D, G9, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 15mm Fisheye, Sigma 50 2.8 macro, Nikon 14-24G 2.8, Canon 16-35 2.8 II, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, tripod, lights, other stuff.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
the ­ jimmy
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
1,351 posts
west coast of Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

irishman wrote in post #14455470external link
If I'm just going to be taking a landscape shot with the eclipsed sun in the background, do I need to use any special filter? The sun will be just large enough to tell its eclipsed, not a full frame shot of it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I know you can find many landscape shots with the full disk of the sun included. As you say it will be a small portion (percentage) of the pic, and I don't see the fact that it will be eclipsed has any bearing on the shot you want to take. This pic I pulled off the net as an example.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos.

Post #2, May 20, 2012 15:52:04

LIST NEARBY THREADS
687 views & 0 likes for this thread
Solar eclipse help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES