Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Kids & Family Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st of May 2012 (Thu)   #1
maverick75
Goldmember

Default Graduation Season is upon us(need some tips)

I've only had my 10D(first SLR to me) for about a month now and I haven't really got a lot of time into it. With my time consuming job,taking care of two kids, two other hobbies and mans best friend

My siblings are both having promotions(from elementary and junior high)
So they're gonna be all dresses up and it will be a perfect time to get some shots to print some 8x10's.

I was hoping someone could help me out by giving me some starting point settings that I can play around with for the next week to help me take better pics.

They're just going to be close ups in sunny clear weather, maybe 2-3 people at the most in a picture.

Any help is appreciated

Gear:
Canon EOS 10D
Canon 35-80mm 1:4-5.6
Zeikos .45X wide angle filter(works great, no distortion, quality loss or barrel look)
Tripod and remote control
maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of June 2012 (Fri)   #2
maverick75
Goldmember

Default Re: Graduation Season is upon us(need some tips)

I found a manikin at a goodwill, so I'll just use that to practice with I guess.
Gotta learn the hard way, but it'll be easier in the long run.
maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote