Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5926
jdizzle
Darth Noink

Default Re: It's Already 2AM: 29th Edition... Time for Tony to bring out his Whacktacular Wea

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadman View Post
He could buy almost 4 laptops for the price of a D800
Who the hell needs 4 laptops?

"When your're blessed, the haters come out. When you wear God's blessings well, don't be surprised if it draws jealousy out on people."
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5927
Chet
BrokenMember

Default Re: It's Already 2AM: 29th Edition... Time for Tony to bring out his Whacktacular Wea

Quote:
What comments?
I see they have been turned off. The comments were flying in about an hour ago, had 10k's worth before they were shut off.
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5928
vipergts831
"I avoid myself"

Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Really

Aston Martin Designs Limited Edition ‘Superbikes’ costs $39,000

In a collaboration with bike company Factor Bikes, Aston Martin has designed a limited edition ‘superbike’ called the ‘One-77 Cycle’—that has been given the same name as the sports car maker’s most advance car model, the ‘One-77’.

Dubbed as ‘the world’s most technologically advanced road bicycle’ by the company, the bicycle features a data logging system that provides over ‘100 channels of performance feedback’ such as crank torque, leg power and crank force for both legs.

It is also able to provide other measurements such as acceleration, wasted leg power and rear wheel speed, and the traditional measurements like speed, heart rate and GPS location.

The One-77 Cycle is made with a carbon frame—that can be painted in seven exclusive Aston Martin colors—with ‘hand-stitched’ saddle and handlebars reflecting Aston Martin’s elegant craftsmanship.

However, just like the car, the One-77 Cycle does not come cheap—it cost around US$39,000 for one bicycle—with only 77 such bikes being made.

http://www.factorbikes.com/astonmartin/index.html

Phasone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5929
Chet
BrokenMember

^^Nice!
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5930
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
Hi Will! How are things with you? Busy as usual,eh?
Ya... I turned in a 28 page brief to my boss today and hopefully will finish writing another one today Damn you USPTO! Who do you reject our patents?!

Quote:
I have 3... my wife has 3...

EDIT: So no one needs 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
I see they have been turned off. The comments were flying in about an hour ago, had 10k's worth before they were shut off.
Ah, I c.

Last edited by themadman : 20th of June 2012 (Wed) at 16:31.
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5931
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts831 View Post
Really

In a collaboration with bike company Factor Bikes, Aston Martin has designed a limited edition ‘superbike’ called the ‘One-77 Cycle’—that has been given the same name as the sports car maker’s most advance car model, the ‘One-77’.

Dubbed as ‘the world’s most technologically advanced road bicycle’ by the company, the bicycle features a data logging system that provides over ‘100 channels of performance feedback’ such as crank torque, leg power and crank force for both legs.

It is also able to provide other measurements such as acceleration, wasted leg power and rear wheel speed, and the traditional measurements like speed, heart rate and GPS location.

The One-77 Cycle is made with a carbon frame—that can be painted in seven exclusive Aston Martin colors—with ‘hand-stitched’ saddle and handlebars reflecting Aston Martin’s elegant craftsmanship.

However, just like the car, the One-77 Cycle does not come cheap—it cost around US$39,000 for one bicycle—with only 77 such bikes being made.
Oh Aston Martin... they sell a Toyota/Scion iQ (rebadged) for $45k+

Scion iQ - $16k
Aston Martin Cygnet - $45k+

WTF Aston Martin?

Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5932
MOkoFOko
Dirty Old Man carrying a full pee and poo can

Quote:
one for the car, one set up next to the toilet, one in the shower, and one for backup!!

I'm moko ಠ_ರೃ
I enjoy long walks on the beach.
I also enjoy long walks off a short pier.
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5933
MOkoFOko

Quote:
Really

http://www.factorbikes.com/astonmartin/index.html

There was an american bicycle company back in the 90s that sold a $25,000 mtb (didn't even have disc breaks or suspension forks back then). It was almost completely made out of some rare earth metal... Beryllium I think.

I'm moko ಠ_ರೃ
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5934
vipergts831
"I avoid myself"

Quote:

Hoarder!!!

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5935
vipergts831
"I avoid myself"

Quote:
Oh Aston Martin... they sell a Toyota/Scion iQ (rebadged) for $45k+

Scion iQ - $16k
Aston Martin Cygnet - $45k+

WTF Aston Martin?

Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5936
vipergts831
"I avoid myself"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOkoFOko View Post
There was an american bicycle company back in the 90s that sold a $25,000 mtb (didn't even have disc breaks or suspension forks back then). It was almost completely made out of some rare earth metal... Beryllium I think.
Crazy. I am intrigued now as to which company and if an image exists somewhere of it...

Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5937
EthanPierce

Quote:
Ethan get on STRAVA and make life easier for all You will like it. Trust me Very nice ride though. 1200 feet of climbing in 7 miles!. Well done sir!
Done! I'm glad that they have an Android app, and that I was able to import yesterday's data. http://app.strava.com/rides/11324947

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBaan View Post
ahhh Ethan joined the bike club :P
I figured I might as well; the bike was free.
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5938
vipergts831
"I avoid myself"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanPierce View Post
Done! I'm glad that they have an Android app, and that I was able to import yesterday's data. http://app.strava.com/rides/11324947

I figured I might as well; the bike was free.
Not an easy ride the one you did yesterday! Good stuff man!

Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5939
Blurr Cube
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Ya... I turned in a 28 page brief to my boss today and hopefully will finish writing another one today Damn you USPTO! Who do you reject our patents?!

Ah, I c.
Whatda? 3 laptops each?

At any given time, I've had 2 at most... and 1 of them is dying.
Old 20th of June 2012 (Wed)   #5940
MOkoFOko

Quote:
Crazy. I am intrigued now as to which company and if an image exists somewhere of it...
Of course. I have an old advertisement clipping from a magazine, which I've saved for many years. Maybe I'll take a picture of it and post it if you're a good boy

I'm moko ಠ_ರೃ
Closed Thread