Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts
Thread started 05 Jul 2012 (Thursday) 08:25
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Blue Oyster Cult @ Streetfest El Paso

Mr. ­ Bill
Joined Feb 2008
Southwest USA
Jul 05, 2012 08:25 |  #1

El Paso put on their 11th annual Streetfest this past weekend. Some of the bands that performed on Fri night were Saliva, Filter, Theory of a Deadman.

Saturdays performers were Kansas, Candlebox and Blue Oyster Cult. Didn't get a chance to get much on Fri, but here are a few shots of Blue Oyster Cult.

IMAGE: http://www.mrbillphotography.com/People/Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult/i-5gTkhxp/0/L/BOC-buck2-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.mrbillphotography.com/People/Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult/i-zKDG6D8/0/L/BOC-guitar6-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.mrbillphotography.com/People/Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult/i-r97WZ9z/0/L/BOC-bass3-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.mrbillphotography.com/People/Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult/i-TTM9L4h/0/L/BOC-drummer3-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.mrbillphotography.com/People/Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult/i-Cf6H2Fz/0/L/BOC-singer-L.jpg

The rest can be seen here--> Streetfest-El-Paso-2012/Blue-Oyster-Cult (external link)

Link to my Picturesexternal link

sponsored links
narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,658 posts
Joined Apr 2006
North Andover, MA
Jul 05, 2012 08:37 |  #2

love the band. good catch of B Dharma in #1. not a fan of the processing, esp the tones.

www.tinnitus-photography.comexternal link
Facebook linkexternal link

gear list

Mr. ­ Bill
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2008
Southwest USA
Jul 05, 2012 09:19 |  #3

narlus wrote in post #14673151external link
love the band. good catch of B Dharma in #1. not a fan of the processing, esp the tones.

Thanks. Can you tell exactly what in the photos you are referring to? I punched up the photos a little to bring out some of the detail/colors due to the stage lighting wasn't the greatest that time of day. My way of learning is to both visual + hearing about what I can/can't do.

I appreciate any and all feedback. :)

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,658 posts
Joined Apr 2006
North Andover, MA
Jul 05, 2012 09:32 |  #4

on all but Richie and Eric, the skin tone looks pretty awful to me...muddy, greyish-brown.

looks like you went for HDR look which is OK for the background but not recommended for human faces.

www.tinnitus-photography.comexternal link
Facebook linkexternal link

gear list

Mr. ­ Bill
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2008
Southwest USA
Jul 05, 2012 21:26 |  #5

Thanks for the critique, I took a look at them on the monitor at work and saw what you were talking about. I went back and re-did them when I got home. Better?

squashed
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
MidEastCali
Oct 07, 2013 09:37 |  #6

More Cowbells !!!

Photo's look great ! Sounds like a good time.

1D MK IV and a 5D MK IV with stuffing...
Sony A6000 added to the mess !
http://www.garyyoungph​otography.com (external link)

BJWOK
Cream of the Crop
5,436 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2007
Sydney, New South Wales
Feb 12, 2017 17:45 |  #7

There looks to be something weird going on with the WB on the first two? 3 is a cracker tho!!

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

Mr. ­ Bill
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2008
Southwest USA
Feb 13, 2017 18:46 as a reply to BJWOK's post |  #8

I appreciate the feedback. I was just getting into photography and hadn't really learned much about Lightroom/Photoshop. I might have to find the raw files and give them another tweak now that I know more.

BJWOK
Cream of the Crop
5,436 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2007
Sydney, New South Wales
Feb 13, 2017 21:46 as a reply to Mr. Bill's post |  #9

Be good to see the changes you've made since then :)

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

sponsored links

2,213 views & 0 likes for this thread
Blue Oyster Cult @ Streetfest El Paso
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.