Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife
Thread started 24 Feb 2012 (Friday) 12:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: BIRD PHOTOS DON'T BELONG IN WILDLIFE

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,650 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Feb 24, 2012 12:13 |  #1

Folks, there is a bird forum for posting your bird photos. Everyday I move bird threads from wildlife to the bird forum so please pay attention to this detail. Thanks!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

sponsored links
peregrineflier
Goldmember
4,069 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Jul 20, 2012 23:19 |  #2

Maureen Souza wrote in post #13959187external link
Folks, there is a bird forum for posting your bird photos. Everyday I move bird threads from wildlife to the bird forum so please pay attention to this detail. Thanks!

I am not arguing, but respectfully ask when a wild bird was declared non wildlife? The U.S. fish and wildlife service write and enforce all laws pertaining to wild birds in the U.S. It is not called the U.S. fish, wildlife and birds service. Birds are wildlife. I once was ticketed for possession of live wildlife, and it was a bird. (I fought it and won, it was not a native species) Insects are okay in the wildlife forum, so why can’t birds? I guess I am just being picky as a mostly bird photographer, but if the forum is going to be called the "wildlife" forum, I think we should not discriminate against our feathered friends which are by definition, every bit as wildlife as a Grizzly bear.

Thanks, Tom the Peregrineflier ;) Lyle Washington
Canon 1D mk3, Canon 100-400 L, Canon 300mm f/4L IS
http://peregrineflier.​smugmug.com/external link

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,151 posts
Joined Jan 2011
WV
Jul 23, 2012 07:18 |  #3

peregrineflier wrote in post #14747575external link
I am not arguing, but respectfully ask when a wild bird was declared non wildlife? The U.S. fish and wildlife service write and enforce all laws pertaining to wild birds in the U.S. It is not called the U.S. fish, wildlife and birds service. Birds are wildlife. I once was ticketed for possession of live wildlife, and it was a bird. (I fought it and won, it was not a native species) Insects are okay in the wildlife forum, so why can’t birds? I guess I am just being picky as a mostly bird photographer, but if the forum is going to be called the "wildlife" forum, I think we should not discriminate against our feathered friends which are by definition, every bit as wildlife as a Grizzly bear.

I would agree, but since we already have a forum section dedicated specifically to birds, I'd say they're being elevated to a position of honor, not discriminated against by being placed with such things as common Grizzley bears! :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Jul 23, 2012 07:51 |  #4

The Bird section was created out of a request from the bird shooting fraternity here to have a separate section. Given the volume of bird material, that request was accepted and a separate bird section was created, leaving the wildlife section here for the rest of the fauna.

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

peregrineflier
Goldmember
4,069 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Jul 23, 2012 09:22 |  #5

Pete wrote in post #14755958external link
The Bird section was created out of a request from the bird shooting fraternity here to have a separate section. Given the volume of bird material, that request was accepted and a separate bird section was created, leaving the wildlife section here for the rest of the fauna.

AHHH, good to know, we are special. :D

Thanks, Tom the Peregrineflier ;) Lyle Washington
Canon 1D mk3, Canon 100-400 L, Canon 300mm f/4L IS
http://peregrineflier.​smugmug.com/external link

Pat ­ Henderson
69 posts
Joined Dec 2010
NW Arkansas
Oct 15, 2012 10:39 |  #6

D. Vance I like the way you think.

Canon 1D markIV, Canon 400 5.6L

DannyC71
Joined Oct 2012
Near Chicago
Oct 28, 2012 18:32 |  #7

I've included bird pictures in the "Zoo Animals" and the "Are you looking at me?" threads. Since this seems to be a regular occurance with no objections I would assume this is OK?

My Pics on flickr (external link)
EOS 6D / Canon 15mm f/2.8 FishEye / Canon 17-40mm f/4 L USM / Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG HSM / Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM / Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM / Canon 2x Extender II

Maureen ­ Souza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,650 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Nov 02, 2012 18:30 |  #8

Yes.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

Spinner ­ of ­ Tales
389 posts
Joined Jul 2011
N of I-80 in Pennsylvania
Nov 17, 2012 06:55 |  #9

Got my wheels going here, what about game birds one hunts? Wild Turkey, Grouse, Pheasants, Chukar. Not trying to give you a hard time understand need to know because I photograph these birds on a regular basis.

Thanks

Spinner

http://spinneroftalesp​hotography.com/external link

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,151 posts
Joined Jan 2011
WV
Nov 17, 2012 07:07 |  #10

Spinner of Tales wrote in post #15256228external link
Got my wheels going here, what about game birds one hunts? Wild Turkey, Grouse, Pheasants, Chukar. Not trying to give you a hard time understand need to know because I photograph these birds on a regular basis.

Thanks

Spinner

I'd say they still go in 'Birds', unless it is a photo of an actual hunt, with people.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

Spinner ­ of ­ Tales
389 posts
Joined Jul 2011
Nov 18, 2012 06:26 |  #11

I'd say they still go in 'Birds', unless it is a photo of an actual hunt

Then why the heck are ducks being posted in the wildlife forum all the time..BIRD!
Cant agree with that one my friend. :rolleyes:

Spinner :)

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,151 posts
Joined Jan 2011
WV
Nov 18, 2012 12:14 |  #12

Spinner of Tales wrote in post #15259363external link
I'd say they still go in 'Birds', unless it is a photo of an actual hunt

Then why the heck are ducks being posted in the wildlife forum all the time..BIRD!
Cant agree with that one my friend. :rolleyes:

Spinner :)

I was meaning that all birds go into the birds section, unless it was of a hunt, with pictures of hunters, guns, and the catch. ;)

Spinner ­ of ­ Tales
389 posts
Joined Jul 2011
Nov 18, 2012 12:44 |  #13

I was meaning that all birds go into the birds section, unless it was of a hunt, with pictures of hunters, guns, and the catch.

Understood that Vance, and so no one gets the wrong idea here. I agree birds should have their own section but comparing songbirds with game birds is like comparing apples and oranges. Just need that explained to me that's all. Rules are rules but they are not always right.

Spinner

N.V.M.
Goldmember
2,185 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2010
North Vancouver,Canada
Nov 18, 2012 13:06 as a reply to Spinner of Tales's post |  #14

common sense, try it, you'll like it. this is not a federal exam that needs excruciating preparation.

Spinner ­ of ­ Tales
389 posts
Joined Jul 2011
Nov 18, 2012 17:00 |  #15

That's real bright. I did not ask about this to cause a problem but your WA remark is not making it easy.

Spinner

sponsored links

30,975 views & 15 likes for this thread
BIRD PHOTOS DON'T BELONG IN WILDLIFE
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.