Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of August 2012 (Tue)   #1
goldjim

Default G1X tint

Hi,
Does anyone notice a greenish tint to their images when shooting jpegs? It seems to be very prevalent and bothersome.

Jim
Old 21st of August 2012 (Tue)   #2
GordonSBuck

Default Re: G1X tint

Make sure you are shooting at the proper white balance and viewing on a calibrated monitor.
GordonSBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of August 2012 (Wed)   #3
Judder Man

I would try some shots at different white balance settings to see if the images come out better or worse. Quite often I get my images to show some warmth which is usually a setting of 5200 k.

You,ve probably already done it but I would check the in camera settings for saturation, luminance etc.

Have you got any samples of the problem, Jim

An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity
Judder Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of August 2012 (Wed)   #4
xhack

One of the things I learned today was that, on selecting AWB in the menu, you can tweak WB with the top wheel. There's even more adjustability if you then press MENU; you can then wander all over the colour space

Gear List
xhack is offline   Reply With Quote