Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 29 Aug 2012 (Wednesday) 15:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Contact Sheets in Bridge

The ­ Fox
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Aug 29, 2012 15:52 |  #1

So this is getting annoying. I am currently using Bridge CS5/6 to make contact sheets because for some reason Adobe can not make Contact Sheet II 64 bit capable, but that is beyond the point. When I make the contact sheet I will change up the rows and columns to make the images fit for my needs so it could be 1 image per page or 35. When I create the contact sheet in bridge it places the full sized images in side the file instead of creating a smaller thumbnail so it makes a 2 page PDF with 24 images, 12 per page 180mb and it is eating up my HDD space. I open them in Acrobat Pro and use the reduce file size command(document>reduce file size) and set it to Acrobat 4.0 or newer and magically the file size is 377KB instead of almost 200MB. Is there anyway to have it reduce the file size when creating them instead of having to do the added step.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
50,837 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Aug 29, 2012 16:42 |  #2

I have a couple of ideas.

You could try using the output module of Bridge instead of Contact Sheet II. Just specify paper size, number of documents up and across, and have it general the PDF. Maybe that module's smarter? Details hereexternal link. I read there Contact Sheet II isn't in CS5/6 and that you're meant to use the output module.

Alternately, instead of generating from RAW files, general from resized jpegs. That should be effective.

Last, you could find another contact sheet script somewhere.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

The ­ Fox
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Aug 29, 2012 16:52 |  #3

I am using the output and not contact sheet II for making the PDF.

And that would take more time then just using bridge and reducing the file size later since they are only for proofs and nothing super high quaity when I print them.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

tim
Light Bringer
50,837 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Aug 29, 2012 17:30 |  #4

So the pdf files have large jpeg files embedded or something? Are you having bridge limit the output resolution of the pdf?

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.

Redcrown
314 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Aug 30, 2012 08:44 |  #5

Don't understand your problem. Contact Sheet II is in Photoshop/Bridge CS6 64bit. Works OK in my version.

http://helpx.adobe.com ...pdf-presentation-cs6.htmlexternal link

But for what it's worth, I found the contact sheet generator in the free FastStone program to be a lot better. Primarily because FastStone lets you save configs as presets.

The ­ Fox
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Aug 30, 2012 16:15 |  #6

I did not know that they finally made it 64 bit capable. I am going to get that and stop using bridge. Thanks for the link.

But to answer the questions, I am using bridge for making contact sheets, NOT Contact Sheet II. Bridge was just making PDF files that were massive(I just created one today from the original raws that was almost 4gb) so it has to be embedding full sized images into the PDF.

I just found out what it was now, the setting was on full and not 300DPI so that is why it was embedding the full files into the PDF. And now all the other issues I have are fixed too.

Nick

tim
Light Bringer
50,837 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Aug 30, 2012 16:51 |  #7

Another win for me! ;)

sponsored links

1,141 views & 0 likes for this thread
Contact Sheets in Bridge
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.