Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 04 Sep 2012 (Tuesday) 22:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

VagaBond Mini

WannaBe_80z
297 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Castleton/Clarendon, VT
Sep 04, 2012 22:21 |  #1

Just bought myself one of these to attach to my AB800. Can't wait to use it in the field.

So I know there's a program to send in units and pay the difference for a better model. I don't see Einsteins on there. I am assuming those won't ever be on the list?

hmmmm

40D gripped - Tamron 17-50 f2.8 - Sigma 30 1.4 - Canon 430EX - AB800 - various other little things like shutter releases...

sponsored links
The ­ Fox
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Sep 04, 2012 22:27 |  #2

What do you mean about trading in? I know that PCB does offer that if you want to change to a higher alien bee(ie 400 to 800) it is the difference plus $25 and they will exchange them for you. There is no trade in for the Einsteins that I am aware of but give them a call and see what happens.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Northern Illinois, US
Sep 05, 2012 20:21 |  #3

The Vagabond Mini Lithium and the B800 are a great combo. The VML will handle more watt-seconds than that, but the recycle times will slow you down a bit.

Your post is vague. You don't say what you want to trade for what, or why.

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN eventsexternal link
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible external link| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flashexternal link | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculatorexternal link

WannaBe_80z
THREAD ­ STARTER
297 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Castleton/Clarendon, VT
Sep 11, 2012 08:51 |  #4

I was hoping to trade in my AB800 + Cash for an upgrade to an Einstein. But they don't offer that upgrade plan. only within the same lines.

40D gripped - Tamron 17-50 f2.8 - Sigma 30 1.4 - Canon 430EX - AB800 - various other little things like shutter releases...

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Sep 11, 2012 08:55 |  #5

WannaBe_80z wrote in post #14976181external link
I was hoping to trade in my AB800 + Cash for an upgrade to an Einstein. But they don't offer that upgrade plan. only within the same lines.

You should have no trouble selling your AB800 on the various fora sell sites, including here.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,915 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Indianapolis
Sep 11, 2012 09:05 |  #6

I just sent in an old White Lightening x1600 for repair and they were unable to repair it. They offered a trade in value of 50% off white lightning or 25% off AB lights. I asked about Einsteins and Vegabond but they weren't part of the program. I ended up getting a White Lightning x1600 for only $219.

As far as I know it's for un-repairable lights, not just a trade-in for working lights.

Gear
Websiteexternal link

darkness77
95 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Sep 12, 2012 09:54 |  #7

Hmmm trade in program. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more 1600.

arich
401 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Sep 12, 2012 13:21 |  #8

The Einstein is the best light they make, hands down. Absolutely worth the extra cost

http://andrew-richardson.netexternal link

sponsored links

1,539 views & 0 likes for this thread
VagaBond Mini
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.