Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 05 Oct 2012 (Friday) 14:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

C-Stand Storage

Johnsoir
416 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Dartmouth, NS
Oct 05, 2012 14:56 |  #1

Hi everyone,

I have a small studio. that is getting smaller and smaller with accumulation of gear.

I've recently added to my C-Stand collection, and have to move them out of the corner they were just leaning in before.

I was wondering what others are doing for storing their C-Stands?

Do you use a wall mounted rack? Box? Lean them where ever they will go?

Any input or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

5D MKII w/Grip, 40D w/ Grip, 400D w/ Grip, EFs 18-55mm, 17-40 F4L, 70-200 2.8 ISL, EF 75-300 III USM, EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Pentacon Six 45mm Tilt, Composer Lens Baby, 430EX, 580EXII,....and big dreams.

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
Silver Spring, MD
Oct 05, 2012 15:11 |  #2

I remove the base, put the pole in a corner and the base on a shelf.

Shane
flickr (external link)

The ­ Fox
Goldmember
1,709 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca
Oct 06, 2012 13:40 |  #3

I used to store them at the studio by standing them along a wall. The small leg will fit under the middle leg of the next on and so forth. All the small, medium and large legs will sit next to eachother and the columns will as well.

Nick

"I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself" -Diane Arbus
7D Gripped x2 | 50D Gripped | 17-50mm F2.8 | 35mm F1.4 | 50mm F1.4 | 85mm F1.8 | 70-200mm F4L IS |

aroundlsu
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Oct 06, 2012 20:09 |  #4

Filmtools has C stand racks that mount on walls. You might want to search there.

Teddy Smith, SOC
IATSE Local 600 Cinematographer

www.TeddySmithSOC.com (external link)

1,425 views & 0 likes for this thread
C-Stand Storage
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.