Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk
Thread started 19 Dec 2012 (Wednesday) 18:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Antarctica Kit ...?

LA_Bob
70 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Dec 19, 2012 18:31 |  #1

We've taken four 5-6 week trips to Africa, and trips to several other countries, but this will be our first to Antarctica, next month - a couple days in Buenos Aires, then Ushuaia and onto the ship Sea Spirit for 10 days. Two-a-day zodiac landings once we get there, with a couple of days crossing Drake both ways ...

I have a gripped 5DII with 24-105L and 100-400L, my wife has a T1i with 18-200 and 10-22, and we have a 100 P&S, too -- I'm into wildlife and close-ups, she likes vistas and landscapes. A 580II, lotsa memory cards, c/pols and var grads, external 500gb hdd, backpack, tripods, extra batteries, chargers, AC adapters ...

Anything we should leave home, or recommendations for additional equipment ...? Any "don't miss this" suggestions ...?

Thanks ...

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,625 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Dec 19, 2012 21:06 |  #2

Moved out of the photo sharing section to the talk section.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
Dec 20, 2012 15:35 |  #3

I found this blog extremely useful: http://roel.me/antarct​ica-part-1/external link

flickr (external link)

LA_Bob
THREAD ­ STARTER
70 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Dec 20, 2012 19:23 as a reply to Scott_online's post |  #4

Thank you - very interesting and quite useful - I had not found it in all my google searches.

1,196 views & 0 likes for this thread
Antarctica Kit ...?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.