Hoping to get some responses in here...
I'm getting tired of my 5D2. It's a superb machine that produces outstanding IQ, but the truth it I'm getting fed up of lugging around an extra cabin bag filled with 15 pounds of glass everywhere I go. I yearn for something more portable, and that could turn into something downright inconspicuous with the right lens.
I've never had the opportunity to try an X-E1 but on paper it seems like it would fit my needs quite satisfactorily. APC-C sensor, solid DR and ISO noise control, are most of the things I need. The 40mm equivalent pancake is due out soon. The 18-55 seems like a great little lens from the samples I've seen here and there. With any luck the telephoto lens will be a winner too.
I have a number of specific questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with:
1. How's the autofocus with the latest AF? Bear in mind I've learned to work with the 5D2's AF which doesn't have the best reputation out there.
2. What's the latest word on RAW conversion? I only shoot RAW, so if I can't use them I'll have a problem.
3. How's the viewfinder? Any noticeable lag or other faults?
4. How's the battery life?
5. Are there any very good adapted lenses that can fill in for the 55-200 if it turns out to be a dud?
6. Are there any other zooms (adapted) that I should consider for the wide-to-normal range?
7. What's the widest (non-native) lens usable on the system right now?
I'll ask this in Fuji-centric forums too but I'd appreciate the perspective of other Canon users as well...