Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 18 Jan 2013 (Friday) 10:38
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

YongNuo YN-468 II

Zatx
174 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Jan 18, 2013 10:38 |  #1

So this week I purchased and received from Amazon a new YN-468. I'm a new DSLR owner (t4i) and I chose this flash over the Canon for two reasons. Great reviews and great price.

I've always hated flash photography because of my crappy point and shoot cameras so I really didn't want to spend $250+ on something I was never going to use.

Right out of the box and onto my camera this flash went. It worked perfectly from the very first flash and has hands down improved all of my photography more than anything I have done. No pun intended... but the difference is night and day!

I don't have expensive glass so I've been trying to take photos in dark areas with slow lenses. This perfect little flash has cured most of my issues.

Here are some photos as examples.... man I love bounce flash!

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Just want to thank everyone that speaks up and voices their opinions on equipment, it really helps us novices out.

Current Gear: Canon T4i (gripped), Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Canon EF 85 1.8, 18-55mm Kit, 55-250mm, Yogo YN-468 Flash, LR 4, Carryspeed Slim, lots of bags.
Feedback: http://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=15639404#post15​639404

sponsored links
booja
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Jan 2008
houston, tx
Jan 19, 2013 13:41 |  #2

flash makes a difference...

might wanna check or correct your WB

Augustine
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2013
South Bend, IN
Jan 20, 2013 00:29 |  #3

Congrats on stepping into the world of flash photography! Yongnuo makes some really good stuff. If you have not already, you should check out David Hobby's website, www.strobist.blogspot.​comexternal link .

Also, as mentioned above, check your WB. You've got it way too warm. In the second picture, it looks as though you've blurred their skin a lot and it doesn't come across as very attractive.

Good luck with the flashes and continue to use it - your photography will continue to benefit from it.

Zatx
THREAD ­ STARTER
174 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Jan 20, 2013 07:51 |  #4

Yeah the WB was a challenge because all of the walls in this roon were bright yellow. As far as the second picture goes I was just playing around with options in Lightoom 4.

How do you correct for white balance when in a room full of yellow?

Current Gear: Canon T4i (gripped), Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Canon EF 85 1.8, 18-55mm Kit, 55-250mm, Yogo YN-468 Flash, LR 4, Carryspeed Slim, lots of bags.

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Central Gulf Coast, Flori-duh
Jan 20, 2013 11:15 |  #5

In this case, you can correct them using lightroom. Go into the quick develop, or the develop module, and correct it with the eye-dropper. That will get you close, then manually adjust the sliders to where it looks right.

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

Zatx
THREAD ­ STARTER
174 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Jan 21, 2013 07:43 |  #6

Thanks for the help. I'm a newb to all this. I made some corrections to the following two images. It gets them more accurate in WB, but shows that the shots were more out of focus than I thought initially.

sponsored links

3,243 views & 0 likes for this thread
YongNuo YN-468 II
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.