Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 04 Feb 2013 (Monday) 18:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

where to sell my landscape photography

fazlu
THREAD ­ STARTER
42 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Feb 05, 2013 10:17 |  #16

Picture North Carolina wrote in post #15574709external link
Etsy is not the place to sell art. It once was, but etsy has been changing its business model and now heavily promotes crafts. I speak from experience.

Another place to stay away from is ArtFire. It's a nice gallery, but their promotional efforts are nil.

I currently sell on Fine Art America and Red Bubble.

One important thing you need to decide is what you want to do: will you print and fulfill orders yourself, or do you want to sell through a POD (print on demand) site? I do both.

Also understand it's not a way to make a living. However, you can pick up some substantial pocket change.

i know its not the way to make living. just want to make a little cash to buy some stuff for my photography
n i wud be interested in any POD site.

Canon 7D, 18-135mm , 50mm 1.8, 55-250, 100mm macro , a lightweight tripod for travel, intervalometer, my camera bag , thats all i got :D

sponsored links
sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,570 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Dec 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Feb 05, 2013 11:34 |  #17

Fazlu - can you partner with anybody locally? What I mean is might there be some local vendor opportunities where you can show finished examples of your work.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITEexternal link- MY GALLERIESexternal link- MY BLOGexternal link
Artists Archives of the Western Reserveexternal link - Board

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Feb 05, 2013 12:32 |  #18

LowriderS10 wrote in post #15572876external link
Well, if it's the "finest landscape photography" I would suggest not wasting your obviously precious time with low-brow things on the internet. Contact National Geographic and start getting your finest photos on the cover!! Also, call up the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and see if they can clear some wall space for you...perhaps they can do away with a couple of those Matisse paintings and make room for your stuff!

I bet he travels a lot...wink, wink...:)

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

sdblade
66 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Feb 13, 2013 13:25 |  #19

An artist friend of mine has a deal with local real estate agents. He hangs pictures in top end rental houses and apartments in vacation areas on the US west coast. He sells quite a few pictures this way as people are always commenting on them and like to buy them as souvenirs. You could try to get something similar in your area?

Jet915
392 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Jul 20, 2013 22:25 as a reply to sdblade's post |  #20

I'd recommend fineartamerica. It's free (for 25 images) or really cheap for unlimited image upload (30 bucks a year). They supposedly do good work on the prints, you just upload the photos and if any of them sell, they do all the work and send you the money. I've sold several prints over the last 6 months. Doesn't pay the bills (I have a day job) but it's nice pocket change.

http://jetson-nguyen.artistwebsites.​com/external link - Fine Art America Website
Equipment: Canon 7D/40D * Sigma 17-70 mm * Sigma 10-20 mm * Sigma 50-500 mm

ralff
766 posts
Joined May 2008
Asheville NC
Jul 21, 2013 06:12 |  #21

Where is your web site, you do not show one? Have a Flickr account? Is your work "out there" anywhere? Fine Art can help set you up with a web site. Do not quit your day job!

Canon 6D - Canon 7D - gripped, Canon 50D - gripped, EFS10-22mm, 17-40 f4 L, nifty-fifty, EF 28-135mm IS, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS USM, Tokina AT-X 100mm f/2.8 ProD Macro, Benbo Trekker, Feisol 3371 w/ Kirk BH-3 ball head - Epson Pic-Mate, Epson 2200, Epson 3880 :D http://www.flickr.com/​photos/WNC_Ralphexternal link

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Salisbury, UK.
Jul 21, 2013 06:42 |  #22

maverick75 wrote in post #15573155external link
Sell prints, I've never bought a digital copy but I buy prints all the time.

I've sold (& continue to sell) from a display of my landscapes in a local pub. The landlord has generously refused to accept any money, either for displaying or selling the framed images.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.comexternal link

sponsored links

9,479 views & 0 likes for this thread
where to sell my landscape photography
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.