Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 24 Feb 2013 (Sunday) 19:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

my Canon EOS 550d , TT520 flash speedlite & off canon shoe cord 2 problem.

metalkapil
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Feb 2013
Feb 24, 2013 19:37 |  #1

I have a Canon EOS 550d. I use as

• Canon EOS 550d + TT520 flash speedlite = works OK.
  • Canon EOS 550d + off Canon shoe cord 2 = works OK.

But, when I use
Canon EOS 550d + TT520 flash speedlite + off canon shoe cord 2 = doesn't work

off canon shoe cord 2 cannot send signals to speedlite.

Is there anyone who has the same problem?
How can this be solved?
Camera firmware update is required?

Help please.

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Dallas, TX
Feb 24, 2013 19:40 |  #2

How are you determining that combination 2 works properly?

Canon 6D | Sigma 24A | Sigma 35A | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4
Check out Welcome to Downtown Plano (external link), a time lapse video I created.
BLOG (external link)| INSTAGRAM (external link) | flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Bethesda, MD USA
Feb 24, 2013 19:45 |  #3

How do you have the 550EX, TT529 and OC-S2 configured? If the TT520 really does work consistently as a remote triggered flash via the 550EX, I'd be surprised if adding a good OC cable made it malfunction.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,280 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Feb 24, 2013 22:20 |  #4

Jon wrote in post #15648226external link
I'd be surprised if adding a good OC cable made it malfunction.

Jon,
I once took my existing OC-E2 cable, a new OC-E3 cable, a new aftermarket cable from Yungnuo and and a new aftermarket cable from another manufacturer (the last two loaned to me by FlashZebra), and my ETTL would reliably work on my 40D hotshoe but would NOT work RELIABLY in ETTL in any one of the four off-camera cords! It kind of flies in the face of that statement of yours, unfortunately.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

CliveyBoy
R.I.P.      He will be missed
3,272 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Tauranga, NZ
Feb 25, 2013 06:08 |  #5

metalkapil wrote in post #15648210external link
Canon EOS 550d + TT520 flash speedlite = works OK.
Canon EOS 550d + off Canon shoe cord 2 = works OK.

Canon EOS 550d + TT520 flash speedlite + off canon shoe cord 2 = doesn't work. off canon shoe cord 2 cannot send signals to speedlite.

I seem to be missing something.

550D (T2i) -> on-cam TT520 = OK
550D -> on-cam OC cable -> what? = OK
550D -> on-cam OC cable -> TT520 = Bad
The second configuration is a mystery. Where is a flash to determine "OK"?

The Neewer TT520 is not actually a "Speedlite". And, is your cable a genuine Canon one, or is it a 3rd party one with a hotshoe available at each end?

If it is the latter, they could have built in a switch. The problem is that the Canon system is a two-way communication It is designed to drive only one flash on-camera or on-cable. That flash can be stand-alone or master.

I have a Yongnuo Componor 3-way off-camera cable set, but it has switches at the camera end to ensure that only one flash has full service. Yours could be similar.

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN685EX; YN-622C II, YN622C-TX and YN560-TX controllers TOYUG II v5.10 YN622 System Guide (external link)
I tried retiring, but gave it up - it's a dead end

1,496 views & 0 likes for this thread
my Canon EOS 550d , TT520 flash speedlite & off canon shoe cord 2 problem.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.