Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds
Thread started 28 Feb 2004 (Saturday) 22:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Bounding Squirrel

Scottes
Trigger Man - POTN Retired
12,842 posts
Joined Nov 2003
A Little North Of Boston, MA, USA
Feb 28, 2004 22:52 |  #1

I manage a good amount of squirrel pics, but not too many when one of the little terrors is bounding across the yard...

IMAGE: http://www.itsanadventure.com/postimages/BoundingSquirrel.jpg

You can take my 100-400 L away when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
Scottes' Rum Pages - Rum Reviews And Infoexternal link
Follower of Fidget - Joined the cult of HAMSTTR©

sponsored links
PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003
ABE, PA USA
Feb 28, 2004 23:17 |  #2

Well, if you want more opportunities for squirrels bounding about, the more squirrels you have, the better your odds so why don't you come over to my place and take the bunch that live around here and eat all the seeds from my bird feeder. You're welcome to each and every one of them vermins....I mean cute critters. :)

I like your "action" shot of the squirrel there.

...Leo

ChrisNardone
199 posts
Joined Jun 2003
Feb 28, 2004 23:24 |  #3

It looks like he's begging.

IanD
Cream of the Crop
Honorary Moderator
Joined Dec 2003
Montreal, Canada
Feb 29, 2004 07:29 |  #4

Scott,
Nice shot. If you need more "bounding subjects" I would be will to crate up a couple of hundred for you and ship them FedEx Overnite Express :lol:

Ian (®Feathers & Fur)
Have You Hugged Your Mallard Today?
More Images- (external link)My Gear

Scottes
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,842 posts
Joined Nov 2003
Feb 29, 2004 08:38 |  #5

Boy, you guys are lucky. I apparently only have 4 squirrels who visit me. And I'm not even in the city...

IanD
Cream of the Crop
Honorary Moderator
Joined Dec 2003
Montreal, Canada
Feb 29, 2004 09:17 |  #6

Scottes wrote:
Boy, you guys are lucky. I apparently only have 4 squirrels who visit me. And I'm not even in the city...

I'll send you a dozen or so to start and toss in some great tasting Blue crayons :lol:

Ian (®Feathers & Fur)
Have You Hugged Your Mallard Today?
More Images- (external link)My Gear

Scottes
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,842 posts
Joined Nov 2003
Feb 29, 2004 09:24 |  #7

IanD wrote:
I'll send you a dozen or so to start and toss in some great tasting Blue crayons

I'm truly under the belief that there is no such thing. Every single one I've tried was terrible. But after 3 cases of Little Debbies I *am* interested in a trade for May Wests....

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002
Feb 29, 2004 10:27 |  #8

I know it's not perfect but its the nicest shot of a squirrel I have seen .
well, you know what I mean
I have seen many terrific ones which I loved but this one is in my mind right now and it's one I like very much

we don't often see the squirrel's movement like this in a photo
lovely shot

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

Bruce ­ Hamilton
Goldmember
1,404 posts
Joined Feb 2004
USA
Feb 29, 2004 12:24 |  #9

Go in the woods with a .22 rifle and scope, just make sure you hit 'em in the head so you don't spoil the meat. They're pretty good eatin'...

:lol:

mjordan
Goldmember
1,339 posts
Joined Apr 2002
Hillsboro, OR
Feb 29, 2004 12:31 |  #10

Nice shot.

My dad has a bunch of squirles that try to eat out of the bird feeders too. he went and wired them and hooked up a electric fence charger and when he sees them getting into the feeder he turns it on. The first time he did this he had the voltage wrong and the squirle that touched the wires got fried... litterly. He had to go out and put the fire out on the squirle. Poor squirle. He played with the voltage so now all it does is knock them off the feeder and they run off. They have a very heathly respect for the wires now... but that doesn't stop them from trying to get around them without touching them. :lol:

Mike

Hillsboro, OR
Canon 1DMKII and lots of "L"
http://www.sitnprettyp​hoto.comexternal link

Scottes
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,842 posts
Joined Nov 2003
Feb 29, 2004 12:50 |  #11

mjordan wrote:
My dad has a bunch of squirles that try to eat out of the bird feeders too. he went and wired them and hooked up a electric fence charger...but that doesn't stop them from trying to get around them without touching them.

LOL - they're pretty pernacious. I get a serious kick out having them beat me. My attempts at stopping them from getting at the bird feeders were pretty pathetic. Sometimes they were back eating seed within minutes. I stumped them lately - I put a 2x2 piece of plexiglass on the poles. At first they hit their heads going up the pole, but yeterday I watched one for a few minutes and it was obvious that he was thinking about how to get around it.

I have "planted" a dead tree near the feeders to give birds something to land on before going to the feeders. The idea is also that it will allow me close-up pictures, but my timing has been off to capture them.

After 3 days with the plexi I figured that I had the squirrels beat. So I moved my tree closer to entice them. It will barely hold the weight of a squirrel, and the further branches (twigs really) don't hold them at all. They've been hilarious - but again I haven't had the timing right to be there with a camera.

Vermin, critters, I still love them. "All things bright and beautiful..."

sponsored links

2,065 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bounding Squirrel
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.