Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 17 Aug 2006 (Thursday) 00:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Please Post Your Billingham Bags!

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,568 posts
Joined Apr 2007
San Diego, CA
Mar 12, 2013 22:37 |  #961

I have a Pro coming in on Thursday. Bit by the Billingham bug. :(

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

sponsored links
Kristofer
27 posts
Joined Mar 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Mar 13, 2013 03:25 |  #962

splbound wrote in post #15707810external link
If the 6D charger is anything like the 5DmkIII charger.
Canon LC-E6E Charger in an Avea 3 Pouch. Extremely tight but it will just fit.

Amazing, thanks fot taking your time for the photos! Yes it is the same charger. But a tight fit is good enough for me. I think the AVEA 5 will look to big on the Hadley Pro. But it would certainly be better in terms for packing a charger :)

Thanks again man! Now I just hope my 11" macbook air will fit in the back when all my gear is in the soft inside.

Have to order one now. What do you guys think is the best online shop for ordering to Sweden? I want a store that carries the AVEA 3, sholder strap and some extras :)

Thansk,
Kris

Canon 6D, 24-105 f/4 IS L => Might get replaced by a 24-70 f/2.8 Mk II L, 8-15mm f/4 fisheye L, 50mm f/1.2 L, Speedlite 600et-rt, Speedlite ST-E3-RT
Take a look at my flickr (external link)

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Mar 13, 2013 04:32 |  #963

Kristofer wrote in post #15709625external link
Amazing, thanks fot taking your time for the photos! Yes it is the same charger. But a tight fit is good enough for me. I think the AVEA 5 will look to big on the Hadley Pro. But it would certainly be better in terms for packing a charger :)

Thanks again man! Now I just hope my 11" macbook air will fit in the back when all my gear is in the soft inside.

Have to order one now. What do you guys think is the best online shop for ordering to Sweden? I want a store that carries the AVEA 3, sholder strap and some extras :)

Thansk,
Kris

I have a saying on bags that if you need pouches hanging off of it, especially in the beginning, then you are buying the wrong bag. Too small.

Kristofer
27 posts
Joined Mar 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Mar 13, 2013 05:26 |  #964

Well I dont need it since I have the front pockets, but I like to have things organized :) I like a lot of pockets.

Canon 6D, 24-105 f/4 IS L => Might get replaced by a 24-70 f/2.8 Mk II L, 8-15mm f/4 fisheye L, 50mm f/1.2 L, Speedlite 600et-rt, Speedlite ST-E3-RT

splbound
242 posts
Joined Feb 2007
London, UK
Mar 13, 2013 05:53 as a reply to Kristofer's post |  #965

Savas K wrote in post #15708721external link
To me, extremely tight = it doesn't fit. If it's a hassle in or out, go to the next larger size. True in camera bags and prophylactics. :lol: The Avea is usually not held in one hand while the other stuffs it. It's usually affixed to your bag with snaps. Stuffing it then will cause un-snapping and just be generally a hassle.

Yes tight but not impossible. If you are storing the charger in there I doubt you will be taking the charger out in the field so no real need to be able whip it out quickly.

I find the snaps quite tight and secure. Haven't managed to dislodge it from the bag but can see it may be an issue if you are trying to extract or stuff the charger into it.

Savas K wrote in post #15709669external link
I have a saying on bags that if you need pouches hanging off of it, especially in the beginning, then you are buying the wrong bag. Too small.

I actually find the pouch useful for storing my GPS tracker. It is a little small but does good duty for extra cf cards and batteries which just get lost in the front pockets when I dump other things in there. Perfect for when I want just a little more room and organisation with my Hadley Pro versus taking the Large.

The Avea 3 aesthetically matches the bag very well when it's on. Not too sure about the Avea 5 but from its measurements I believe it would look too big when attached to the hadley pro.

Kristofer
27 posts
Joined Mar 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Mar 13, 2013 05:59 |  #966

splbound wrote in post #15709775external link
Yes tight but not impossible. If you are storing the charger in there I doubt you will be taking the charger out in the field so no real need to be able whip it out quickly.

I find the snaps quite tight and secure. Haven't managed to dislodge it from the bag but can see it may be an issue if you are trying to extract or stuff the charger into it.

I actually find the pouch useful for storing my GPS tracker. It is a little small but does good duty for extra cf cards and batteries which just get lost in the front pockets when I dump other things in there. Perfect for when I want just a little more room and organisation with my Hadley Pro versus taking the Large.

The Avea 3 aesthetically matches the bag very well when it's on. Not too sure about the Avea 5 but from its measurements I believe it would look too big when attached to the hadley large.

Thanks, Yeah that is what I fear, that the avea 5 will just look silly. But the avea 3 is very similar to the side pockets I have on my Grafea, however, they are solid on the bag, not removable. But I just want it for traveling so I know that I have my charger with me when I come back to the hotel :) Ill go with the AVEA 3.

So now is just a question of what color to get. Black is not an option for me. So Ill think I go with the Hadley pro, 2xavea03 and the sholderstrap SP40. All in kakhi and tan :)

splbound
242 posts
Joined Feb 2007
London, UK
Mar 13, 2013 06:39 |  #967

Kristofer wrote in post #15709780external link
So Ill think I go with the Hadley pro, 2xavea03 and the sholderstrap SP40. All in kakhi and tan :)

I have this setup, love it. Never had to use two pockets on it at once though, makes the bag a little too long for me. I go with the Hadley Large instead. I find I use my Large ones more often than my Pro's with my DSLR gear. The Pro is perfect for my m43 kit.

I am preferring the Sage\Tan colour nowadays, having recently bought a Hadley Large one.
I have to admit I am quite addicted to these bags, but have put the breaks on purchases for now.

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Mar 13, 2013 08:02 |  #968

Avea 5 is too large looking on the Hadley Pro. One Avea 3 looks okay; two and it gets a bit much, leading to my saying about having bought too small a bag. Look into a 107 or a 207. Spacious and accessible. The delta pouch looks awesome if you like pouches. It kills the Avea 5 in looks and useability. It does not work on the Hadley Pro.

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,568 posts
Joined Apr 2007
San Diego, CA
Mar 13, 2013 08:53 |  #969

Here is the Hadley Small fitting my M3 and 2.8E perfectly.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,759 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Mar 13, 2013 11:07 |  #970

Kristofer wrote in post #15709780external link
Thanks, Yeah that is what I fear, that the avea 5 will just look silly. But the avea 3 is very similar to the side pockets I have on my Grafea, however, they are solid on the bag, not removable. But I just want it for traveling so I know that I have my charger with me when I come back to the hotel :) Ill go with the AVEA 3.

So now is just a question of what color to get. Black is not an option for me. So Ill think I go with the Hadley pro, 2xavea03 and the sholderstrap SP40. All in kakhi and tan :)

I have the Avea-5 and it does look awkward on the Hadley Pro due to the depth, so I use it on a larger bag. However, I find the Avea-3 kind of small ... too bad there isn't a smaller square shaped one available.

I do like the concept of a clip-on bag vs. a larger bag for keeping things like chargers, card readers, cables, tools, cleaning supplies securely with the bag for travel, yet easily removed and left in the room or car when out walking where I don't want the extra size/weight for unneeded stuff. That way I am not likely to forget to take it with me when I leave.

-howard

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Mar 13, 2013 13:21 |  #971

Howard, in the case of peripherals, why not 2 bags? The camera bag that properly fits your regular carry and a bag for what you leave in a hotel?

Two Avea 3 adds 3 or 4 inches to the Hadley Pro length. That's a lot to add for so little stowage space. The Avea 3 are short and contoured. I put glasses in mine. Sufficient space to slip in and slip out with ease.

Kristofer
27 posts
Joined Mar 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Mar 13, 2013 14:11 |  #972

Skyline: That is one beautiful bag! Congrats man :)

Hmm, I think I decided on the 2 Avea03 anyways. But like you say hfgarris. They should have a avea04 (in between the 3 and 5:)

I have a bigger camera bag and I want something that is tight enough and bring my computer.

splbound: When you have your bag as filled as you had a few pages back. Is there any room for a computer in the back then? I have an air, so dose not take a lot of space.

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Mar 13, 2013 14:47 |  #973

I was at B&H today and it struck me. The Billingham 107 is virtually the same dimension as the old Think Tank UD 30. Remember that one? It's just that the 107 is deeper, so it allows a dual row of Micro 4/3 gear to the UD 30's one row. Think tank is a tiny bit taller at the interior dimension. Width is a dead heat.

btw, V35skylline, your bag is smokin'. It's a great color for dress and casual and a useful size bag.

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,759 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Mar 13, 2013 14:51 |  #974

Savas K wrote in post #15711039external link
Howard, in the case of peripherals, why not 2 bags? The camera bag that properly fits your regular carry and a bag for what you leave in a hotel?

Two Avea 3 adds 3 or 4 inches to the Hadley Pro length. That's a lot to add for so little stowage space. The Avea 3 are short and contoured. I put glasses in mine. Sufficient space to slip in and slip out with ease.

I do have a separate "chargers/cables" bag I carry on plane trips ... with all the cameras, computers, iPads, and phone chargers and cables, that is usually the bag TSA security wants to look at so it makes it easy to just pull it out to start with.

But, if it is just the photo accessories, having it initially attached to the bag means I won't forget it if I just grab the bag and go ... then I can remove it later and it still keeps all the loose stuff together to re-attach when I am done shooting.

-howard

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Mar 13, 2013 17:49 |  #975

hfgarris wrote in post #15711352external link
I do have a separate "chargers/cables" bag I carry on plane trips ... with all the cameras, computers, iPads, and phone chargers and cables, that is usually the bag TSA security wants to look at so it makes it easy to just pull it out to start with.

But, if it is just the photo accessories, having it initially attached to the bag means I won't forget it if I just grab the bag and go ... then I can remove it later and it still keeps all the loose stuff together to re-attach when I am done shooting.

-howard

That's a great idea. Well thought-out.

sponsored links

570,713 views & 28 likes for this thread
Please Post Your Billingham Bags!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.