Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 23 Jan 2010 (Saturday) 19:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: A DUMMIES STYLE TUTORIAL for editing those 5DMKII files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4

MICHELP
21 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Aug 13, 2011 00:15 |  #31

rjalex wrote in post #11362492external link
Dear friend,
have read all of this very interesting thread and feel the OP did a great job but then another couple of you gave different opinions which to my ignorant brain seem plausible.
Is there a summary of the conclusion on which there is a consensus ?
Bob

i am having the same thoughts

400D - 7D - 70-200 L F2.8 IS II - 70-200 L F4 IS - 100-400 L IS - 580 EX II

sponsored links
dolphinz8
100 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Aug 13, 2011 01:21 |  #32

What suggestions would you have for exporting your files for use in encore? I spent HOURS trying to figure out some good settings and it didn't work....it would act like it was creating the dvd, but then it would freeze. So I would try a smaller file and and it works ok, but of course, then the quality sucks. I will try what you have all said. But I had zero luck trying to figure it out myself. So suggestion are so welcome!!

Kansas City Photographerexternal link

Spicy61
56 posts
Joined Mar 2012
May 27, 2012 15:14 |  #33

I apologize for asking such a dumb question but what is the purpose of encoding? I am able to drop, directly from my camera, clips and import them to Premiere. I do not understand why we must encode first and then drop to Premiere? I have CS5.5 Premiere if that means anything.

inhousestudiosatl
36 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Jul 25, 2012 18:45 |  #34
banned

Step up to premiere pro cs6

Brian_R
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Jul 30, 2012 11:02 |  #35

this is a good starting point. as many have said the use of P2 settings is a terrible idea and whoever originally said it that OP took advice from needs to rethink the advice they put online.

i think ill stick to mpegstream clip and converting to prores when on a mac or mpeg2 blueray with custom presets bumping bitrate that way i get as much as i can without losing anything

b17blg
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Jan 29, 2013 09:01 |  #36

do the adobe programmes work on windows Vista 32Bit?

Laizen31
27 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Taguig, Philippines
Apr 02, 2013 11:09 as a reply to post 9520487 |  #37

Hi, im kinda confused. Do I have to convert a .MOV file into another file type before editing or do I just have to convert the H.264 file into something else? Thanks!

Canon 7D | Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 | 18-200mm f3.6-6 | Canon 50mm f1.8 | Nissin Di622 Mark II | Phottix Strato Trigger & Receiver

sponsored links

53,190 views & 0 likes for this thread
A DUMMIES STYLE TUTORIAL for editing those 5DMKII files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.