Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 17 Aug 2006 (Thursday) 00:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Please Post Your Billingham Bags!

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,992 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Apr 24, 2013 07:38 |  #1081

Savas & Splbound thanks for your posts.

Billingham makes my cryteria better than other bags. Out shooting (camera out and in use), shoot until the storm hits. Maybe even a little longer! Then tuck the gear for safety. So I need my gear instantly accessible.
Don't need no stinkin' raincovers! ;)

That's why Domke is so good too.

However, I worry with my chosen Domkes that I'll leave the flap open and drench my gear. F3X and F2... And I likely won't buy more Domkes because here in Canada they cost as much as Billinghams, or so it seems to me.

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

sponsored links
splbound
242 posts
Joined Feb 2007
London, UK
Apr 24, 2013 09:27 |  #1082

2mnycars wrote in post #15861601external link
Don't need no stinkin' raincovers! ;)

Exactly why I moved over to them!

I wonder what became of Sirrith's bag and how the water soaked through the top flap of it?

Haven't had the time to dunk one of my Hadleys under he shower to check for the same issue. My Kaki Hadley large is getting really grubby. When I get around to try and clean off some major stain marks off it, I'll post my findings.

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,992 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Apr 24, 2013 11:09 |  #1083

splbound wrote in post #15861892external link
Exactly why I moved over to them!

I wonder what became of Sirrith's bag and how the water soaked through the top flap of it?

Haven't had the time to dunk one of my Hadleys under he shower to check for the same issue. My Kaki Hadley large is getting really grubby. When I get around to try and clean off some major stain marks off it, I'll post my findings.

I gave away, well, traded my Think Tank Retro10 because of their raincover. Put it on and the bag and contents are as much fun to use as a concrete block on a strap. ymmv.

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

andrewnarit
367 posts
Joined Jul 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Apr 25, 2013 13:29 |  #1084

dont know if this has been posted yet but pedlars in the uk have the a Limited Edition Pedlars x Billingham Hadley Large Pro Bag

http://www.pedlars.co.​uk ...-canvas-black-lining.htmlexternal link

FLICKRexternal link | 500pxexternal link
5D Mark II | 30D | S90 | X100s |
50 1.4 | 17-40 f4 L | 70-200 f2.8 L |

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Apr 25, 2013 14:09 |  #1085

splbound wrote in post #15861395external link
A little off topic but since the Billinghams are a little related to the Brady bags I'll post it up.

I finally have my Brady Westmorland Bag. This will be my Every day carry to take over the duties of my Hadley large.

It is modelled from the Brady "Gelderburn" fishing bag but a little more special.
This Brady Westmorland Bag is number 78 of a limited production run of 100. If you have seen the movie Argo, this is the model that Ben Affleck was using.

The bag has zippers on all the compartments so there's no chance of things falling out and much more suited to every day carry for me. It's a little bigger than the Hadley large and built with the same stormblock material as the Billinghams. I found the leather they used on it is a little thicker.

I haven't tried the Hadley large inserts in it yet but it should fit. No top handle but it comes with a waist strap which I use as a top handle.

This one should last me a while and no more waiting for a Hadley Pro Large for me!

Ben Affleck carried it? Now I have to get one. Loved Argo. :)

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
Apr 25, 2013 14:10 |  #1086

andrewnarit wrote in post #15866536external link
dont know if this has been posted yet but pedlars in the uk have the a Limited Edition Pedlars x Billingham Hadley Large Pro Bag

http://www.pedlars.co.​uk ...-canvas-black-lining.htmlexternal link

Handle on a Hadley Large? Yes. Powder blue? *Bronx cheer* ;)

splbound
242 posts
Joined Feb 2007
London, UK
Apr 25, 2013 16:58 as a reply to Savas K's post |  #1087

But the price! Almost as much as a 550!
Would be nice to see it as part of their standard lineup with their standard colors.

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined Nov 2010
Hong Kong
Apr 25, 2013 20:17 |  #1088

splbound wrote in post #15861892external link

I kept it :)

The water only seemed to get through to the front edge of the top flap, so absolutely no risk of it damaging my camera gear unless I really stay out in a proper rainstorm for maybe 15 minutes straight with no cover, which won't happen with this bag anyway as it is my city bag, and even then I have no idea if the water will manage to get all the way up the front edge of the flap due to gravity.

I am still curious to see if it happens to anyone else's bag though.

-Tom
Flickr
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

hookipa
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Apr 25, 2013 21:14 |  #1089

Can a Hadley small fit a 50D + 17-40 and a 70-200 lens (unattached)?

Rudi
Goldmember
3,744 posts
Joined Mar 2002
Australia
Apr 25, 2013 22:14 |  #1090

hookipa wrote in post #15867850external link
Can a Hadley small fit a 50D + 17-40 and a 70-200 lens (unattached)?

Yes. With plenty of room to spare.

• Wedding Photographer - Sydney and Wollongongexternal link
• Borrowed Moment (blog)external link

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.
Apr 25, 2013 22:31 |  #1091

I do not use any of the superflex inserts in my billingham bags. They are just way too restrictive. I use a combination of the various flaps and it is much more useful to me.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

b4beezer
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2013
May 03, 2013 11:33 as a reply to rklepper's post |  #1092

Hi all,

Would a Billingham Small have enough room for a 5D MkIII with a two of the following, 17-40L, 35L, 85L, 100L, 200L? One will always be mounted to the camera.

Thanks

Canon 5D MK III : 17-40L : 35L 1.4 : 85L 1.2 : 100L 2.8 : 200L 2.8

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
May 04, 2013 02:47 |  #1093

b4beezer wrote in post #15893988external link
Hi all,

Would a Billingham Small have enough room for a 5D MkIII with a two of the following, 17-40L, 35L, 85L, 100L, 200L? One will always be mounted to the camera.

Thanks

It won't work. Too tight. Look at the Hadley Pro and the Hadley Large for that carry duty.

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007
May 04, 2013 21:54 |  #1094

By the way, will any fellow Billingham owner out there please pass the Gray Poupon?

dxprofessional
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2013
May 09, 2013 14:00 |  #1095

Did not know these bags essisted until I opened this heavenly thread. I've been using a Manhattan Portage messenger bag for my street walk equipment and for school.

Just ordered a Strap leather jouranl and a Hadley Pro (Khaki/Tan) for my D7K. I think I'm obssed since i found out about them. Read the whole 73 pages here XD. My wallet is crying but I can't wait!

sponsored links

570,649 views & 28 likes for this thread
Please Post Your Billingham Bags!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.