Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 06 Sep 2004 (Monday) 11:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: -=FAQ=- Teleconverter/T-Con Tele extender FAQ

this thread is locked
dale65bama
687 posts
Joined May 2005
Safety Harbor, FL
Sep 12, 2005 20:51 |  #16

Kenko Teleplus MC4 2X

Just started using this TC with my 200 mm F2.8L. This royal tern was taken today, ISO 400, 1/1600s handheld. Data in EXIF ignores the TC, reporting 200mm and F6.3, which is what I set to use in aperture priority mode.

Having no experience with the Canon or other TC's on a digital body, this looks pretty good to me. Build seems good, nice fit to lens and camera body with no play.

Dale

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

EOS 5D, Digital Rebel, EF-S 18-55mm Kit Lens; EF 200mm F2.8L, EF 100 f2.8 Macro, 500mm Celestron 80EDF; Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG macro; Cool POTN strap; BG-E1 Grip, CanoScan 8800f; RRS BH-40 Pro II on 3021BPRO legs

sponsored links
CyberDyneSystems
THREAD ­ STARTER
Admin (type T-2000)
47,715 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Feb 20, 2008 23:20 |  #17

It has been brought to my attention that the length of this thread (15 pages) has made it more difficult for people to find the info found in the front page.

I have therefore split the remaining posts that are more discussion than about posting results. This thread will continue here;
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=457299

Any questions re: T-cons should be posted to the linked thread.

If anyone feels that a post of there's belongs in the FAQ as opposed to the linked discussion thread, please PM me and I will move it here.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

tdodd
Goldmember
3,733 posts
Joined Jun 2006
Essex, UK
Apr 04, 2008 17:33 |  #18

I shot a video of the AF performance of my 40D with a Kenko DG 300 Pro 1.4X teleconverter and taped pins combined with 100-400 lens at 400mm. Focus was quick(ish) and accurate. My lens and teleconverter even worked OK on the shop demo body indoors in a shopping centre, so I have personal experience of two bodies that work OK with this combination. Sadly, for some people this combination will not work at all. Maybe I'm just luckyl maybe they are just unlucky. I don't know which side of the fence is the norm. Here's the video....

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=STvuECPWR7cexternal link

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,156 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Jun 17, 2009 09:21 |  #19

I did a comparison of the Canon 1.4-II and the Kenko Pro DG 1.4, with a Canon 70-200 f/4L on a 20D a long time ago. I shot a test pattern that I had fabricated using symbol fonts built into Microsoft Word, at various text sizes (example)...

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/filterfullcompare.jpg

The outcome was that the Canon 1.4x was a tiny bit better in the Center of frame, the Kenko was a tiny bit better at the edges of frame.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

CyberDyneSystems
THREAD ­ STARTER
Admin (type T-2000)
47,715 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Aug 26, 2010 00:45 |  #20

Preliminary Canon MkIII T-con info added.
The assumption is the compatibility will remain the same, with only change being added IQ, perhaps better AF,. and obviously matched for the new MkII IS SuperTelephoto line up.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

PhotosGuy
74,826 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Apr 09, 2013 21:05 |  #21

I use the 2X TC II, but feel I need effective f/11 to get reasonable sharpness.
70-200 f/2.8 & 2X TC combination "Test"

Long Lenses with Tcons

70-200 f/4 and wildlife?

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
20,890 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark.
Jun 20, 2013 12:46 |  #22

Updated with information about extender combinations for Canon 200-400 mm f4L IS lens.

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

sponsored links

330,765 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=FAQ=- Teleconverter/T-Con Tele extender FAQ
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.