Bill ­ Boehme
THREAD ­ STARTER
Enjoy being spanked
Joined Jan 2007
7,151 posts
DFW Metro-mess, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

aram535 wrote in post #16134252external link
897 sticks in my head but that's just a guess I'm sure Bill has the hard number somewhere.

That number sounds familiar. I think that I got my number from you.

I will probably power up my old computer later today. I need to figure out how to transfer files to my new PC with only one monitor to share between them.

Post #121, Jul 19, 2013 08:59:12

AMASS Beta Tester
Click here to help to support POTN operating costs
Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Billexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
TheFishGuy
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2007
1,075 posts
Long Island, NY
[MORE/SHARE]

Bill Boehme wrote in post #16133829external link
I had an exact count, Chris, but it is on my other computer that is out of service for scheduled maintenance. I am sure that the number is close to a thousand.

Which version of the book did you get?

I got the full edition.

No worries about the #. Just wanted to know out of curiosity.

Thanks again!
Chris

Post #122, Jul 20, 2013 10:52:41

Canon 7D, Canon 18-135mm IS, Sigma 50mm Macro, Canon 100mm Macro, Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS
Canon G7 with an Ikelite Underwater housing using a DS-51 Sub Strobe
Follow Fish Guy Photos on Facebook www.facebook.com/fishg​uyphotos

Becca
Lady in Red
Joined Apr 2005
7,155 posts
Glendale, Arizona
[MORE/SHARE]

Ordered mine on the 19th and it's already shipped. Should be here on Thursday! Thanks for all the hard work to get this done!

Post #123, Jul 23, 2013 07:19:53

Becca
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." ~ Saint Augustine
Gear List

joeblack2022
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2011
2,945 posts
The Great White North
[MORE/SHARE]

I got mine on the 16th but have only flipped through it, haven't had a chance to really go through it yet.

Impressive though!

Post #124, Jul 23, 2013 09:32:44

Joel

Bill ­ Boehme
THREAD ­ STARTER
Enjoy being spanked
Joined Jan 2007
7,151 posts
DFW Metro-mess, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Two or three people have said that they unintentionally selected the wrong version when they placed their order and did not catch the mistake until they received their book. Because of that, I decided to add one more notice on the order page to help avert future errors. There were already three places on each page stating the version, but the new fourth notice is in extra large print that is very hard to overlook.

A few people (three or four) have said that they ordered the full version, but received the family friendly version instead. I suggested contacting Blurb support to resolve any mistakes, but I also did contact Blurb support by email to see what they had to say about the possibility of an error. Here is their reply:

Mari H. ( Blurb Support)
Jul 23 08:56 (PDT)
Hi Bill,
Thanks for contacting Blurb with your concern.
Both books in your account are a different file from one another. You are correct in saying that books are printed as they are ordered, and usually book files are not "mixed" up. In this case I believe the customers ordered one book thinking it as another. The only way to troubleshoot this is having them contact us , that way we can check on our end which file their book was printed from.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Best Regards,
MarĂ­lia
Blurb Customer Support

So, if anyone is certain that they received the wrong version and wishes to exchange it, contact Blurb and they can check their records to see what was ordered.

The two versions were uploaded to Blurb on different days and have different item numbers. The process is mostly automated so it seems that the most likely point where an error would occur is where a human is involved in boxing the books for shipment. If the invoice has the version that you received then I suspect that an error was made when placing the order.

Post #125, Jul 23, 2013 19:22:13 as a reply to joeblack2022's post 9 hours earlier.

AMASS Beta Tester
Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.

sponsored links
Bill ­ Boehme
THREAD ­ STARTER
Enjoy being spanked
Joined Jan 2007
7,151 posts
DFW Metro-mess, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Becca wrote in post #16145776external link
Ordered mine on the 19th and it's already shipped. Should be here on Thursday! Thanks for all the hard work to get this done!

And, thank you too Becca. You were one of the book team members who contributed a lot towards getting this book done.

Post #126, Jul 23, 2013 19:26:14

AMASS Beta Tester

Robuk
2011 SMWYG Photographer of the Year
Joined Jun 2006
870 posts
God's Country......N Wales UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Just ordered the full version book, and the JUNESALE code is still working for the discount... thanks for that heads up :) and what a fantastic book and here's to the next one, but hoping quite a few more are involved next time and not just the few!!!

Just want to say a huge thanks to Bill and the crew that managed to get this all sorted, and I can only imagine how much of your time has been taken up sorting out this mammoth task, especially with everything else that you all have had going on in your lives.....

Cheers again, and be proud of what you have achieved

Rob

Post #127, Jul 24, 2013 10:09:43

Freelance Photos North Wales
www.fpnw.co.ukexternal link
New Web Site now on line :)

Bill ­ Boehme
THREAD ­ STARTER
Enjoy being spanked
Joined Jan 2007
7,151 posts
DFW Metro-mess, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Robuk wrote in post #16149670external link
Just ordered the full version book, and the JUNESALE code is still working for the discount...

Thanks for the kind words.

If the JUNESALE discount code times out, I have another one, but it is only good for a 10% discount: CONGRATULATIONS

I believe that code is good through August.

Post #128, Jul 24, 2013 13:26:39

AMASS Beta Tester

HKdave
Joined Dec 2007
324 posts
Hong Kong
[MORE/SHARE]

To all on the book team, a HUGE thanks for the effort over many years. Got my copy about a week ago (ordered Vol 3 as well) and it's a great collection - the book looks fantastic. I've done a few books with Blurb myself and I know how much effort goes into it.

Just an update on discount codes - JULYSAVINGS will give you 10% discount on orders of US$50 and 15% discount for orders over US$100 until 29 July.

Post #129, Jul 25, 2013 23:20:52 as a reply to Bill Boehme's post 1 day earlier.

It's all in the details.
http://hkdave.smugmug.​com/external link

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2008
5,338 posts
Melbourne, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

They refunded my shipping due to a slight printing delay - due on August 7 now. Not bad for delivery to the tiny island in the middle of the Pacific where I'm based for a few months!

Post #130, Jul 26, 2013 00:55:07

Bill ­ Boehme
THREAD ­ STARTER
Enjoy being spanked
Joined Jan 2007
7,151 posts
DFW Metro-mess, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Shadowblade wrote in post #16154761external link
They refunded my shipping due to a slight printing delay - due on August 7 now. Not bad for delivery to the tiny island in the middle of the Pacific where I'm based for a few months!

Hopefully the island is larger than the one where Tom Hanks played a marooned FedEx exec in the movie Cast Away or the package may have to be delivered by raft. :D

Post #131, Jul 26, 2013 02:06:22

AMASS Beta Tester

sponsored links
Becca
Lady in Red
Joined Apr 2005
7,155 posts
Glendale, Arizona
[MORE/SHARE]

Bill Boehme wrote in post #16147831external link
And, thank you too Becca. You were one of the book team members who contributed a lot towards getting this book done.

Wish I could have done more! You guys deserve the praise!

Got my book yesterday and it looks amazing! I haven't had time to go through it in any detail, but from flipping through I'm very happy! I had forgotten which images I had submitted so it was a surprise to see them as I looked through. Honored to be included with the very talented photographers in the book!

Post #132, Jul 26, 2013 07:46:55

Becca
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." ~ Saint Augustine
Gear List

Smitty2k1
Joined Mar 2012
140 posts
Washington DC
[MORE/SHARE]

Bought full version using JUNESALE still works! Mid August delivery

Post #133, Jul 27, 2013 07:42:41

HKdave
Joined Dec 2007
324 posts
Hong Kong
[MORE/SHARE]

Just an update on discount codes - AUGUSTSAVINGS will give you 10% discount on orders of US$50 and 15% discount for orders over US$100 or a 20% discount on orders over US$150 until 26 August.

Post #134, Aug 16, 2013 22:07:19 as a reply to Smitty2k1's post 20 days earlier.

It's all in the details.
http://hkdave.smugmug.​com/external link

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
32,480 posts
Oak Park, Illinois
[MORE/SHARE]

Anybody have any idea of how many have been sold?

Post #135, Aug 16, 2013 22:09:43

LIST NEARBY THREADS
9,197 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN Book volume 4 is here!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES