Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 24 Jul 2013 (Wednesday) 16:29
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon 75MP sensor rumour

Birdman7
100 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Spain
Jul 24, 2013 16:29 |  #1

NorthLight Imagesexternal link is reporting the possibility that Canon's rumoured 75MP sensor camera could in fact be a non-bayer multi-level sensor which could in theory mean the 75 MP sensor could in fact be a 25MP sensor in terms of spatial resolution, enabling each layer to do different things, perhaps, highlights, shadows, midtones??

I can visualise Landscape photographers licking their lips in anticipation if this turns out to be true at the thought of the DR this could theoretically produce!

Exciting times ahead and lets see what transpires from this although I reckon we wont see anything until Photokina next year which il certainly be attending.

Birdwatching tours
Bird Photography
Digiscoping
Gibraltar, Spain & Morocco
www.aviantours.netexternal link

sponsored links
jefzor
Joined Jul 2013
Jul 24, 2013 16:39 |  #2

Birdman7 wrote in post #16150707external link
NorthLight Imagesexternal link is reporting the possibility that Canon's rumoured 75MP sensor camera could in fact be a non-bayer multi-level sensor which could in theory mean the 75 MP sensor could in fact be a 25MP sensor in terms of spatial resolution, enabling each layer to do different things, perhaps, highlights, shadows, midtones??

I can visualise Landscape photographers licking their lips in anticipation if this turns out to be true at the thought of the DR this could theoretically produce!

Exciting times ahead and lets see what transpires from this although I reckon we wont see anything until Photokina next year which il certainly be attending.

IF that's true, and that's far from certain, it'd probaly some kind of foveon-like thing: red-green-blue per pixel, not highlights-shadows-midtones.
Could be interesting if it's true, like most rumors.

www.jefpauwels.beexternal link

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007
Probably Chasing Aircraft
Jul 24, 2013 16:41 |  #3

25MP "layer" per color channel...

Jay
Crosswind Imagesexternal link
Facebook Fan Pageexternal link

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Birdman7
THREAD ­ STARTER
100 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Spain
Jul 24, 2013 17:10 |  #4

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #16150741external link
25MP "layer" per color channel...

Thats exactly what I think too. I wonder how it will affect Dynamic Range & shadow lifting, perhaps even take over from the impressive Sony sensors.

Birdwatching tours
Bird Photography
Digiscoping
Gibraltar, Spain & Morocco
www.aviantours.netexternal link

davidc502
Goldmember
3,455 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Tennessee
Jul 24, 2013 17:14 |  #5

What are all the folks, who sold all the Canon gear to jump ship to Nikon, going to do, when Canon blows the doors wide open again?

It's gonna happen, and those 2 stops of extra DR they are getting (between 100-800ISO) with the Nikon, will seem rather trivial when it happens. lol

Grab the bucket of popcorn because it's gonna get interesting, when the news comes out.

Just saying........

Cheers

http://blog.gsmarena.c​om ...with-alleged-75mp-sensor/external link
http://www.photography​bay.com ...-bayer-multilayer-sensor/external link
http://www.canonrumors​.com ...-bayer-multilevel-sensor/external link
http://www.canonwatch.​com ...-bayer-multilayer-sensor/external link

_
My Gear is ---> Here

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,305 posts
Joined Apr 2003
British Columbia
Jul 24, 2013 17:34 |  #6

Before everyone starts peeing their pants, let's see what Canon actually releases, if anything...and at what price tag. I'd love a high resolution high dynamic range camera, but not if it going to cost $8,000.

kouasupra
Goldmember
Joined May 2008
Fresno/Clovis, CA
Jul 24, 2013 18:58 |  #7

Move to rumor section.

davidc502
Goldmember
3,455 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Tennessee
Jul 24, 2013 19:02 |  #8

Hogloff wrote in post #16150888external link
Before everyone starts peeing their pants,

ops..... too late. :lol:

_
My Gear is ---> Here

sponsored links

1,399 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 75MP sensor rumour
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.