Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 20 Sep 2013 (Friday) 20:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Location shooting- how do you transport your stuff?

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011
The Great White North
Sep 23, 2013 12:25 |  #16

The Loft Studios wrote in post #16314348external link
I had one of those..... It's an excellent product, but my problem was on uneven terrain or on a bumpy sidewalk, my gear would start to slide off and fall onto the ground. So, I saw the garden cart at Home Depot and the wheels in my mind started turning, and I've never regretted the purchase!

Bungee cords with hooks or tie-downs would work well in that instance, even with the garden cart scenario for a little extra security. :)

Joel

riffster
Joined Apr 2009
Ohio
Sep 23, 2013 13:49 |  #17

Wrench wrote in post #16312974 (external link)
If you're doing a location shoot and tanking things like light stands and reflectors, how do you carry your gear to avoid looking like this guy?

QUOTED IMAGE

I don't, since I rarely have an assistant, I look just like that guy.

5DII | 7D | C100mkII | Tokina 16-28 2.8 I Canon 24-70L | Canon 70-200L 2.8 | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 30 1.4 www.riffster.com (external link) www.facebook.com/riffs​terproductions (external link)

Alveric
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2011
Canada
Sep 23, 2013 16:00 |  #18

Me too.

I pack everything in a Tenba Shootout L. The tripod is fastened onto it along with the brollies and I carry the bungee-cord-tied light stands in my hands or slung on my shoulder (attached a strap to the Manfrotto stand).

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA
Sep 23, 2013 17:14 |  #19

The Loft Studios wrote in post #16313368 (external link)
If it's a big shoot, I go with the "standard" equipment you see posted below.....
All of this can fit in the back of my small 2 Door Explorer Sport SUV and still have room for a front seat passenger and 1 backseat passenger.

•Stand Bag #1
4-Heavy Duty 12' Avenger Stands
4-Compact 10' Light Stands
1-Manfrotto Neotec Tripod
•Stand Bag #2
1-6'x6' Scrim Jim
1-48" Photogenic Octadome
2-3'x4' PhotoFlex SoftBoxes
2-7' Westscott Parabolic Umbrellas
•Pelican 1610 Rolling Case #1
3-Canon Camera Bodies
4-580EXII Speedlites
4-Canon Battery Packs
2-Minolta Light Meters
An assortment of lenses depending on the shoot.....
An array of misc. equipment such as batteries, filters, tape, etc.....
•Pelican 1610 Rolling Case #2
4-Photogenic 1250DR Monolights
4-PCB Mini Lithium Battery Units
An array of misc. equipment such as batteries, filters, tape, etc.....
•Rolling Wagon
Along with all of the bags and cases that you see that actually fits in the wagon, I still have room for
4-Speedrings
2-Standard Photogenic 7" Reflectors
2-20lb. Sandbags
1-42" PhotoFlex 5n1 Pop-Out Reflector
A couple of extension Cords

Again, depending on the shoot, some equipment may be traded out for others such as when I want to bring either a small compact and/or a large size boom, etc.....

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Yep, I have used a setup very much like this.

[Gear List | Flickrexternal link | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protectionexternal link /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,822 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Sep 23, 2013 17:35 |  #20

I purchased a Think Tank Airport International. Great case but a few times one of airlines they asked to look in it because some person realized it was a camera bag and made me remove gear due to overhead weight restrictions. Had a lens in my wife's purse, my jacket pocket and in a plastic bag. Never again. I just use it locally now.

http://www.thinktankph​oto.com ...v2-roller-camera-bag.aspxexternal link

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

4,135 views & 0 likes for this thread
Location shooting- how do you transport your stuff?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.