Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 10 Sep 2013 (Tuesday) 04:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post Processing Game

quadwing
Goldmember
1,022 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 25, 2013 11:42 |  #61

Day made.

Camera gear: Canon 5D Mark IV | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L II | Lights: Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS

sponsored links
kfreels
Goldmember
4,297 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 25, 2013 14:25 |  #62

I really wouldn't have been so tempted to start with the funny business had the title of the thread not had the word "game" in it. I'm sure that if I hadn't been the first, someone else would have been. A thread like this is bound to have the occasional clown like me posting something. The good news is that most of the images are still focused on the topic. Looking forward to the next image to process. :-)

I am serious....and don't call me Shirley.
Canon 7D and a bunch of other stuff

Dawicka2
398 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 25, 2013 15:24 |  #63

kfreels wrote in post #16324943 (external link)
Looking forward to the next image to process. :-)

Me too!!

Magic lantern'd T2i, a 1d2n, 15-85, rokinon 8 and 85mm, nikon 55 f1.2, sigma 24mm f1.8 and Tokina 400mm creeperPrime.

Six6Sicks
471 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 25, 2013 17:45 |  #64

kfreels wrote in post #16324943 (external link)
Looking forward to the next image to process. :-)

Dawicka2 wrote in post #16325073 (external link)
Me too!!

Me three!!!

Gear: Yes.
Insert stupid photography quote here to make me more of a photographer.

jerr6
384 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 25, 2013 18:11 as a reply to  @ quadwing's post |  #65

sorry for the delay everyone.heres a photo i took last summer of a group of strangers near the chicago bean.

raw
http://www.mediafire.c​om …c03g9pu13c2e/IM​G_2242.CR2 (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i609.photobucke​t.com …242-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg (external link)

raw
http://www.mediafire.c​om …c03g9pu13c2e/IM​G_2242.CR2 (external link)

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/astrographer/ (external link)
http://500px.com/jerr6 (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,881 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 25, 2013 18:24 |  #66

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Jerr,
When I downloaded and imported the image you posted, I ended up with a version that was only 533 pixels by 800 pixels. Are we really supposed to be using such a super-tiny image for our editing attempts? Or, did you post a much larger image, and something went awry on my end with my downloading / importing process? Please let me know. It would be rather unenjoyable to have to work with something so small that I can't even see what I'm working on, inasmuch as fine shadow detail, texture in the fabric of the clothes, etc.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

jerr6
384 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 25, 2013 19:16 |  #67

you downloaded from the link under the image from mediafire??

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 25, 2013 19:19 |  #68

jerr6 wrote in post #16325535 (external link)
you downloaded from the link under the image from mediafire??

No. I'm not very technologically proficient . . . hence, I dragged & dropped the image onto my desktop, the way I have always done with images on POTN. I will try what you suggest. Hopefully, it works.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 25, 2013 19:21 |  #69

Well, I tried to download the photo via the link you provided. Unfortunately, it didn't just give me the photo file. Instead, Adobe Photoshop opened up. What the heck?! I don't have Photoshop, and I don't intend to edit the image with Photoshop . . . so why did the provided link cause Adobe Photoshop to open up on my desktop? I just want the file itself, without it being connected to any type of program. I have my own program - don't need a new one.

jerr6
384 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 25, 2013 19:22 |  #70

i dont know why. i tried it. it downloaded as cr2 file for me.

Grizz
Cream of the Crop
5,454 posts
Gallery: 294 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 25, 2013 20:58 |  #71

Downloaded fine for me. Now what to do with it.....:)

Craig * Canon 7D Mark II * 60D * 10D * Tamron SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD * EF 400 5.6L USM * EF 17-40 4.0L USM * EF 70-210 4.0 * EF 28 2.8 * EF 50 1.8 MK1*Flickr (external link)

doidinho
Goldmember
3,352 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 25, 2013 21:15 |  #72

Tom Reichner wrote in post #16325550 (external link)
Well, I tried to download the photo via the link you provided. Unfortunately, it didn't just give me the photo file. Instead, Adobe Photoshop opened up. What the heck?! I don't have Photoshop, and I don't intend to edit the image with Photoshop . . . so why did the provided link cause Adobe Photoshop to open up on my desktop? I just want the file itself, without it being connected to any type of program. I have my own program - don't need a new one.

Those file sharing sites have a lot of crap links.

Next time hover you mouse over the links before clicking and the address of the download link should be displayed somewhere (I believe it's at the bottom of
The screen in Firefox).

There are usually enough clues in the link addresses to figure out which is the correct link.

Robert McCadden
My Flickr (external link)
MM (external link)
5DMKII, Rebel xti, 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40.

Spike44
Goldmember
2,155 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 25, 2013 21:31 |  #73

Very clear and easy to download - 3744 x 5616 image CR2 format (IMG_2242.CR2).....I see no "crap links"

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 25, 2013 21:37 |  #74

Well, I'm giving it another try. The download thingy that opens up when I clicked on the green button says that the download will take another 12 minutes to complete . . . not all of us have fast internet connections!

rbeene
73 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 26, 2013 17:21 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #75

Crop a little closer and clone out the distractions.

IMAGE: http://rbeene.com/IMG_2242cropA.jpg

sponsored links

503,962 views & 2,410 likes for this thread
Post Processing Game
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.