Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 12 Oct 2013 (Saturday) 18:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Back to Photography after a few years, should I switch lighting?

AprilV
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Oct 2013
Berkeley Springs, Wv
Oct 12, 2013 18:09 |  #1

I bought the Calumet Genesis light set and a few accessories a few years ago, used them a few times, didn't understand them but then again I never had the time to learn them.

I am going to be doing many different types of Photography, but my real estate agent really wants me to get into doing their photos for business cards and such.

My question is, are there a set of continuous lights that would work for real estate photos, newborns,etc?

Or do they get too hot/aren't strong enough?

Thanks so much!

short_wave
664 posts
Joined Jan 2011
DFW
Oct 12, 2013 20:07 |  #2

The Genesis lights should do fine for now. Keep experimenting with them until you reach their limitations.

For head shots and newborns, in an indoor studio, they should perform well.

Feedback
www.john-benitez.com (external link)
insta: @johnbenitez

paulluap
28 posts
Joined Feb 2013
Oct 12, 2013 20:48 |  #3

Learn how to use what you have first.

AprilV
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Oct 2013
Berkeley Springs, Wv
Oct 13, 2013 16:33 |  #4

Alright, will do. Thanks so much :).

Zerimar
Goldmember
3,528 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Los Angeles
Oct 13, 2013 17:39 |  #5

Stick to what you have, strobes for still photography is the way to go. Learn how to use what you have and learn the potential of the light modifiers you have, and add as you need to.

Rick Rose - Add me!external link Photography Los Angeles California Hasselblad H2 x2 + Phase One IQ150 | Canon 5D MkII | RRS TVC-34L BH-55
HC 35 f3.5 | HC 100 f2.2 | HC 120 f4 Macro |HC 50-110 f3.5-4.5 | 85 f1.2 MkII L | 100 f2.8 Macro | 16-35 f2.8L II | 24-70 f2.8L II | Profoto + Mola
Gear List | Websiteexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Flickrexternal link

535 views & 0 likes for this thread
Back to Photography after a few years, should I switch lighting?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.