Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk 
Thread started 24 Nov 2013 (Sunday) 12:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

San Fran in Dec

Gomar
527 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 24, 2013 12:41 |  #1

I am going to San Fran, Santa Barbara in Dec for 5 days. What's to shoot there?
SF I wanted to visit a long time, and I know there is lots to see. List of top 10?

BrianS
412 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 24, 2013 16:37 |  #2

Plenty of things to shoot in SF. Golden Gate bridge, Bay Bridge (which has lights now, for a while at least), Chinatown, skyline from Treasure Island, Angel Island, Sutro Baths, Ocean Beach, Golden Gate Park, murals in the Mission, street photography all over.

If you're venturing out a bit; Napa, Santa Cruz, Point Reyes.

Are you driving to SB? If so you may want to check Keyhole Arch on Pfeiffer Beach since the light is right behind the keyhole in December, it's between SF and SB on Hwy 1.

Canon 5D3, Leica M6, Fujifilm x100 & Olympus E-M5 | Walkabout Street (external link)

sega62
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 25, 2013 20:08 |  #3

Gomar wrote in post #16476594 (external link)
I am going to San Fran, Santa Barbara in Dec for 5 days. What's to shoot there?
SF I wanted to visit a long time, and I know there is lots to see. List of top 10?

Go to Napa and Sonoma, rend a car its cheap!
SF i did not go crazy cause its charming, but for phptpgraphy I did not go wild.
I loved Chicago, NY style, SF is to me a bit more poor.I mean there is something special about it, but it does not attract the eyes.

If you can take the road ONE and bring a super wide angle.
Sausalito is also georgeous, lots of sea sides.

Good luck, you will love it!
Watch the cars, there is a bunch of Prius on the road, and you don't hear em while your crossing the street, be safe!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

840 views & 0 likes for this thread
San Fran in Dec
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.