FYI, this is the general specs I am hoping to find for a "killer" image editing/processing laptop - I haven't set up all the specs yet for my machine, but basically I would be looking for a unit with the following, or very similar, specs: (the Sager NP95760 mentioned above is the closest I have seen so far.)
- a high-end processor, like the Intel 3840QM, or 3920XM
- DDR3 1600 for at least 16GB of memory, capable of expansion to 32 GB
- 500 to 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD
- 128GB SSD (if this is sufficient to hold the boot up software and the applications)* Prefer Win 7 but will take Win 8 (64 bit OS version)
- 17.3 inch FHD display (1920x1080) LED backlight
- NVIDIA GTX 670 MX graphics or equivalent (something with Optimus technology?)
- 1 or 2 USB2 ports for older USB2 hardware ) These are minimum
- 2 or 3 USB3 ports for digital car reader, backup hard drive, etc. ) numbers of ports, more is better.
- external monitor port (HDMI?) ( I would hope to be able to connect two IPS monitors to this machine, so I am not sure whether this should be DVI or DisplayPort?
- CD read write capabilities - not sure what the technology would be here yet - still doing research. Need good speed.
- reasonable sound - doesn't have to be "Bose" technology, but should be decent stereo.
- ability to connect an external mouse and keyboard
Tell me if I am on the right track or overkill - or is there anything that I have missed. I will not be building this myself (five thumbs on each hand if you know what I mean), so I am looking to buy.
Any ideas, thoughts etc., that anyone would care to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.