Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 04 Jan 2014 (Saturday) 02:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Bracketing with 10stopper?

Celtboy
207 posts
Joined Jan 2013
The land of spuds and whiskey
Jan 04, 2014 02:33 |  #1

Just an idea, not sure if it would work... Instead of using a gnd on a sunrise could you take various exposures and use the ND pushed down to meet the horizon to hold back to sky exposure then pp later ? Just wondering.

Canon 60D Gripped,Canon 18-135mm,Tamron 70-300mm,90mm Macro,Tamron 10-24mm Wide and speedlite 430 II.
Celtboy on flikcr. http://m.flickr.com/#/​photos/celtboy1888/external link
Celtboy on Instagram http://followgram.me/c​eltboyexternal link

sponsored links
Phrasikleia
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined May 2008
Based in California and Slovenia
Jan 04, 2014 03:48 |  #2

Celtboy wrote in post #16576348external link
Just an idea, not sure if it would work... Instead of using a gnd on a sunrise could you take various exposures and use the ND pushed down to meet the horizon to hold back to sky exposure then pp later ? Just wondering.

Yes, it can work. It's the same basic idea as the "black card technique," in which case you use a solid black card and remove it part way through an exposure.

Photography by Erin Babnik (external link) | Newsletter (external link) | Photo Cascadia Team Member (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Ruggo
106 posts
Joined Nov 2012
Sydney, Australia
Jan 12, 2014 16:23 |  #3

Phrasikleia wrote in post #16576401external link
Yes, it can work. It's the same basic idea as the "black card technique," in which case you use a solid black card and remove it part way through an exposure.

Just make sure you mark on your hood the horizon position when your are composing as once you hit the shutter it all goes black. I found that out the hard way :)

nauman00
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2014
Lahore, Pakistan
Mar 18, 2014 07:43 |  #4

I have already tried this, but if you are not very careful, you will see a shade on the horizon line.

Nauman Anwar
Canon 6D, Tamron 24-70 2.8, Canon 70-200 f/4 IS, Canon 50mm 1.8, Nissin DY866 Mark l

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Mar 23, 2014 01:48 |  #5

Why not just meter for a sky shot and another for foreground and then merge.

My Gear flickrexternal link

nauman00
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2014
Lahore, Pakistan
Mar 31, 2014 06:15 |  #6

Hmmm I think you are right, But I tried this when I wanted to shoot stars with foreground with heavy light source. In that case I had to use this method.

Nauman Anwar
Canon 6D, Tamron 24-70 2.8, Canon 70-200 f/4 IS, Canon 50mm 1.8, Nissin DY866 Mark l

sponsored links

1,003 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bracketing with 10stopper?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.