Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 27 Oct 2009 (Tuesday) 20:55
Search threadPrev/next

Model shoot locations in CT

BPL
221 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 27, 2009 20:55 |  #1

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I am looking for some old or possible abandoned factories/buildings in Connecticut to do shoots. Preferably in New Haven or Fairfield counties. I have several that I'm using on Canal St In Shelton, and one in Seymour (across from Subway on Rte 67). Any others that anyone has used is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Canon 7D gripped, Canon 30D gripped, Canon 300D gripped, Canon SX120IS, Tokina 12-24, Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS, Canon 580EXII, 3X 430EX. Cybersyncs, And the learning process continues...

Dennis_Hammer
820 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 28, 2009 09:51 |  #2

Try Waterbury

BPL
THREAD ­ STARTER
221 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 30, 2009 08:56 |  #3

I should have been more specific :) I was wondering if anyone knows of any that are accessible to get inside, or have a good setup outside. Addresses or names of the building/factory would be great! Thanks!

Canon 7D gripped, Canon 30D gripped, Canon 300D gripped, Canon SX120IS, Tokina 12-24, Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS, Canon 580EXII, 3X 430EX. Cybersyncs, And the learning process continues...

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 14, 2009 23:46 |  #4

Not a factory but how about the old Greek Methodist Church on Rt 172 in the South Britain section of Southbury. It's borded up and last used as a church in 1942. It's owned by the people that live next to it. She is the photo editor for a publishing house and appreciates good work. Maybe they'll let you into the building. You can see a shot of the exerior on my website, in the landscape gallery.

Your website says hosted by Smugmug but it looks like an Exposure manager site. Just wondering which it is.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

Dennis_Hammer
820 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 15, 2009 08:16 as a reply to  @ Mike R's post |  #5

Hey Mike I drive by that all the time never thought of it. I live fairly close to that area of town. Good eye.

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 15, 2009 12:40 |  #6

Dennis_Hammer wrote in post #9018189 (external link)
Hey Mike I drive by that all the time never thought of it. I live fairly close to that area of town. Good eye.

I want to get there again during a light snowfall.
Is Pomperaug the only school you shoot at?

Mike R

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 15, 2009 13:04 |  #7

FYI: The owner will sign a property release. This church is heavily photographed and she seemed surprised but happy that I tracked her down and asked for her to sign one. She will even give you the history behind it. They were thinking of renovating it into either an antique shop or artist gallery but it's a huge expense.

Mike R

Dennis_Hammer
820 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 15, 2009 14:14 as a reply to  @ Mike R's post |  #8

I do Pomperaug Masuk Bethel and may have 3 others this year. Hard to hit them all they way I would like, and of course the better the team does the better the sales are so this year has been very very good. Pomperaug Tennis last year came in second in the states with 2 all state players. Baseball and softball had great regular seasons. This year Field Hockey, Volleyball, Soccer and Football all had great years some still going on. And of course Masuk with Fico pitching her last year I photographed her record breaking game as work for hire for the first time with them, they wanted all the pictures so paid me for 5 hours. Masuk football is also doing very well.

Here's my big seller this school year so far

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i238.photobucke​t.com …mmerphotos/team​vcopy2.jpg (external link)

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

thekid17
984 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 25, 2009 23:45 as a reply to  @ Dennis_Hammer's post |  #9

i live in norwalk ill let you know if i see anything

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 26, 2009 01:40 |  #10

thekid17 wrote in post #9084158 (external link)
i live in norwalk ill let you know if i see anything

Lots of possibilites in South Norwalk.

Mike R

thesupe87
305 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 30, 2013 14:24 |  #11

Waterbury? The Dirty Water? LOL no, not really. But there are sometimes great spots in every town, just a lot of trial and error finding them. Try West Hartford center for modern/small city-ish feel, Collinsville CT for old urban decay, might be private property there though. You can find urban decay anywhere... you just have to look, and hope nobody yells at you for trespassing. It's always safest to cover your bases, and call/research ahead of time.

Portfolio (external link) | BLOG (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Facebook (external link)
:D Gripped 5D Mark II | 40D | 24-70L | 70-200 f4L | 100L f2.8 Macro | 85 f1.8 | 50 f1.8 | 18-55 IS | (3)B800s | Manfrotto 055XPROB / 496RC2

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 30, 2013 16:17 |  #12

Now that this thread has been revived, how about more CT locations. Has anyone used the buildings at the old Fairfield Hills Sate Hospital? I drove by early one day and the fog around the building made it seem like a great location

Mike R

jdms33
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 12, 2014 21:09 |  #13

Are there any good locations people could recommend in waterbury or Naugatuck?

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 13, 2014 19:16 |  #14

Southford Falls State Park in Southbury. Nice park with a waterfall,pond trails and a small covered bridge (no cars). How about the Naugatuck Green?

Mike R

jdms33
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 13, 2014 20:22 |  #15

Thanks...have read about that. How about abandoned buildings?

6,510 views & 0 likes for this thread
Model shoot locations in CT
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.