Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 29 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) 03:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

'57 Nomad.

STIC
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2012
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Jan 29, 2014 03:40 |  #1
banned

Saw this at the local rod shop on Monday...

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

57 Nomad for sale (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

It was parked outside today so I snapped a few shots...

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

57 Side III (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

57 quarter colour (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

57 Quarter low II (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

...coming...

57 Side II (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

...and, going...

57 side (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

...and two BW edits...

57 Quarter low (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

57 quarter (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

7D MarkII l 50 1.8 STM l15-85 IS USM l 100-400 IS L l 2x converter l 580EX II l Wireless remote l A computer l Some software l A vehicle to get me around...;)

sponsored links
Bobrocket
57 posts
Joined Nov 2013
Jan 29, 2014 04:49 |  #2

Love those classics ~ great shots
I like the first one the best, nothing specific just appeals to me.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/47524217@N06/external link

strokedbeast
202 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Jan 29, 2014 06:39 |  #3

Please correct me, but I think a "Nomad" is only a two door wagon.

STIC
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2012
Jan 29, 2014 12:02 as a reply to strokedbeast's post |  #4
banned

I think you may be right...not 100% sure though...

...ok, a quick check and, for '57, then a Nomad was, technically, a 2 door, changing to a four door in '61...

Also, this is not a Belair, although it does have some of the Belair side trim (lacking the rearmost insert), and from the dash, it appears to be a base 210 model...

7D MarkII l 50 1.8 STM l15-85 IS USM l 100-400 IS L l 2x converter l 580EX II l Wireless remote l A computer l Some software l A vehicle to get me around...;)

cicopo
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Jan 29, 2014 20:40 |  #5

YES to it being a 2 door then & with much more chrome trim inside & out

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

reole
716 posts
Joined May 2012
Jan 29, 2014 20:43 |  #6

not really digging the shots after the first, ... maybe 1 or 2 but too many without the variety. I like the first one though.

its not how you take the picture, its the final result before editing.

Lesmore
874 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Jan 29, 2014 21:51 |  #7

STIC wrote in post #16647289external link
I think you may be right...not 100% sure though...

...ok, a quick check and, for '57, then a Nomad was, technically, a 2 door, changing to a four door in '61...

Also, this is not a Belair, although it does have some of the Belair side trim (lacking the rearmost insert), and from the dash, it appears to be a base 210 model...

While this '57 is not a Nomad...still a beautiful car. My parents had the last of the car Nomads...a '61.

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!
Jan 29, 2014 22:49 |  #8

Looks like it is well on the way to becoming a rat rod.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book,external link Refrigerator Artexternal link and What I Really Think Aboutexternal link

Norcal29
49 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Jan 29, 2014 23:54 as a reply to Woolburr's post |  #9

Great catch and nice photos. However, technically is a Chevrolet 210 4 dr wagon. Nomads were only 2 dr and the trim and windows are completely different. Here is a pic of a 57' Nomad HTH

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Ron
"Curiosity is a terrible thng to waste."
No longer in Nor Cal-

hcbph
86 posts
Joined May 2013
Minnesota
Jan 31, 2014 18:53 |  #10

Norcal29 wrote in post #16649000external link
Great catch and nice photos. However, technically is a Chevrolet 210 4 dr wagon. Nomads were only 2 dr and the trim and windows are completely different. Here is a pic of a 57' Nomad HTH

With a fuelie (based on the emblems) to boot!

STIC
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2012
Feb 05, 2014 04:05 as a reply to hcbph's post |  #11
banned

Kruzin Kustoms Wagon (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

...and...

57 Wagon side (external link) by SPD speedscene photography and design (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links

1,335 views & 0 likes for this thread
'57 Nomad.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.