Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 30 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 12:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon Pixma PRO-10 Wireless Photo Printer $100-TODAY ONLY!

kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Jan 31, 2014 19:19 |  #46

Just a heads up, I just received a tracking info, from the UPS, for a mysterious 66lbs package. It must be the printer :D Check your email...

Greg Gard
=> www.greggard.com (external link)
follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/greggardphoto/ (external link)

sponsored links
kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Feb 04, 2014 17:51 |  #47

For those interested, printer (finally) arrived today :P

I will try to be short.

Negatives (strictly personal not Midwest Photo Exchange related):
- printer was shipped in its original box. (one of my pet peeves of online shopping with most vendors. I believe that only Amazon ships large items double boxed...)

Positives:
- I was nicely surprised that Midwest Photo Exchange took time and printed out not only the rebate form, already addressed envelope but also supplied a stamp! - Small thing, great customer service that I've never seen before! Big kudos to Midwest Photo Exchange!!! :)

As for the rebate, it is the one for current promotion running from Jan 1st through Mar 31st, 2014.
Even though receipt shows original date of order (November 2013), receipt is dated as of January 31st, which means, that we qualify for the current promotion (or not, see my post #51 below) And yes, free paper is listed on the receipt!

I won't have time to setup the printer this week, so I can't comment on this aspect ;)

Thanks again Barry for the info on this superb promotion, back in November :D Pixma Pro-10 with two 50 packs of 13x19 paper for $99+shipping. Can't beat that! :D

P.S.
For those picking up the printer, box dimensions are: 31x21x13 and it weights about 50lbs

Update:
I just found the second pack of paper. It was under the printer :D
Since they were shipping the printer in its original box, there was not enough room on top, for both packs :) Problem solved!

Greg Gard
follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/greggardphoto/ (external link)

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,476 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Louisville, KY
Feb 04, 2014 21:20 |  #48

i believe all of those printers are shipped in the original boxes.

i am bummed i missed out on the deal and will be looking on the buy and sell for one...

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographerexternal link
Travel the World and Photographexternal link
Find me on Facebookexternal link

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,160 posts
Joined Feb 2008
I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.
Feb 05, 2014 08:20 |  #49

I received mine yesterday too. It weighs 66 pounds with the included paper. I haven't opened mine yet. Even though a paper rebate form was included, I would recommend filing the online version. There is usually a link to the online version included on the paper rebate form. You still have to send in the cut-out from the box. I like to send mine certified mail with required signature of receipt since the rebate amount is so much.

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.comexternal link (remove the dashes)

Nickc84
Goldmember
1,969 posts
Joined Jul 2010
Feb 05, 2014 10:27 |  #50

I paid 450 for mine last year...wow

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/nicholascaputo/external link
Facebookexternal link

kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Feb 05, 2014 12:00 |  #51

Just took another look at the rebate form, and supplied envelope. Both have different Promotion IDs…

Here is a quote from the old (Oct 1-Dec31) rebate form: "a legible copy of your sales receipt from the participating authorized Canon Regional Dealer with eligible product purchase(s) circled must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2014 and received no later than February 14, 2014."

I assume we should send the old rebate form. Same thing for online rebate claim, we should use an old promotion ID. Am I correct?

That is why they supplied an envelope with a stamp! Envelope has to be postmarked "no later than January 31"… No way for me to add a signature confirmation… Crossing my fingers :)

Greg Gard

blanex1
790 posts
Joined Nov 2012
Feb 05, 2014 12:21 |  #52

i think i'll be up grading to this,chuck this piece of junk lexmark 205 out the window

canon 7d bg-e7 5d-mk3 1d-mk3 24-105-L 17-40 L 35/1.4 85/1.8 yougnuo 565 ex 580 ex and lots of other canon stuff.canon 70-200 2.8 L

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,160 posts
Joined Feb 2008
I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.
Feb 05, 2014 15:06 |  #53

kosin wrote in post #16665624external link
Just took another look at the rebate form, and supplied envelope. Both have different Promotion IDs…

Here is a quote from the old (Oct 1-Dec31) rebate form: "a legible copy of your sales receipt from the participating authorized Canon Regional Dealer with eligible product purchase(s) circled must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2014 and received no later than February 14, 2014."

I assume we should send the old rebate form. Same thing for online rebate claim, we should use an old promotion ID. Am I correct?

That is why they supplied an envelope with a stamp! Envelope has to be postmarked "no later than January 31"… No way for me to add a signature confirmation… Crossing my fingers :)

I haven't looked at mine yet, but just make sure the purchase date on your receipt and the rebate date requirements and the postmark date all match up. You can't use the old original email receipt because the Jan 31st postmark date has already passed. Use the receipt in the box with the new rebate form, but file it on the web first before mailing in your box cut-out. If you use their envelope, make sure the promotion number on the envelope matches the one on the new rebate form.

blanex1@netzero.com wrote in post #16665676external link
i think i'll be up grading to this,chuck this piece of junk lexmark 205 out the window

I don't know which printer that Lexmark is, but the Canon is optimized for photo printing only, not for general use such as documents.

Barry

kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Feb 05, 2014 16:52 |  #54

Bearmann wrote in post #16666084external link
I haven't looked at mine yet, but just make sure the purchase date on your receipt and the rebate date requirements and the postmark date all match up. You can't use the old original email receipt because the Jan 31st postmark date has already passed. Use the receipt in the box with the new rebate form, but file it on the web first before mailing in your box cut-out. If you use their envelope, make sure the promotion number on the envelope matches the one on the new rebate form.

That late shipping messed up the whole rebate process…
Since the receipt shows the date when the order was placed, November 2013, I took the risk and sent out the old form. That is because, when pre-submitting the rebate online, they ask about the purchase date. ("A legible copy of the sales receipt showing purchase of new Canon qualified item with the date of purchase and the purchase price circled. Receipt must show reseller name.") I didn't think that it was legit to qualify for a new rebate with the order placed back in 2013… I believe that letter will arrive to Canon by February 14 nevertheless. The only thing that will not match, is the postmark date, only if post office will actually stamp the envelope… We will see ;) But if you think about it, we should qualify for either one… There shouldn't be a problem, unless they are strict about little things :D

Greg Gard

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,160 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Feb 05, 2014 21:04 |  #55

Well. I got the rebate papers off the printer box and cut out the UPC label with cardboard attached as directed. I noticed that the promotion ID number on the envelope does not match the promotion ID number on the rebate form. I was unable to pre-file the rebate on the web using that envelope ID number. I was able to pre-file the rebate using the promotion ID number from the supplied rebate form. I have an email in to MPEX to clarify the situation. For those of you who haven't mailed anything yet, I would hold off until I receive clarification. I'll post it here when I receive it.

Greg, I'm waiting until I receive a response from MPEX before I respond to your situation.

Barry

mitchrapp
171 posts
Joined Sep 2010
Feb 06, 2014 05:26 as a reply to Bearmann's post |  #56

Thanks all for the update. I just received my tracking number from UPS. I was wondering what I ordered that was 66 lbs and then remembered about the printer :D

kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Feb 06, 2014 11:58 |  #57

Barry, I sent the form so quickly, only because of the Feb. 14th deadline. I believe there shouldn't be any issue with Canon that can't be resolved over the phone ;)
I will post an update once I receive (or not) my rebate.

Greg Gard

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,160 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Feb 07, 2014 11:41 |  #58

Everyone should have received the email today:

Some of you received a pre-stamped and pre-addressed envelope for your rebate to be sent in. Please make a correction to the envelope before sending it in for submission.

***PLEASE CHANGE**** Please cross out Promotion ID #818101634 on the address sticker and write Promotion ID #819101695.

We have spoken with Canon and they have alerted the rebate processing center of this error so if you have already sent in your rebate, please do not worry as it will be taken care of.

Greg, I would definitely give them a call as I think your rebate may be disallowed without one. For those who haven't mailed theirs yet, I would pre-submit on the web and on the mail in form circle the 2014 purchase date, not the 2013 order date and make sure that you use the current first quarter 2014 rebate form, not the old 2013 one.

Barry

cutwater
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
near Saratoga Springs, NY
Feb 07, 2014 11:44 |  #59

Great to know, thanks Bearmann. Just got UPS shipping notice, mine arrives early next week :)

Websiteexternal link flickrexternal link 500pxexternal link FaceBookexternal link

kosin
Goldmember
2,072 posts
Joined Jun 2007
NJ
Feb 07, 2014 19:41 |  #60

I didn't receive this email yet, but from your quote: "We have spoken with Canon and they have alerted the rebate processing center of this error so if you have already sent in your rebate, please do not worry as it will be taken care of.", it looks like everything will be taken care of… I do not worry about it much. About 5-6 years ago, Canon had huge problems with rebate processing company that required multiple phone calls to resolve the issues with mail-in rebates. I'm prepared for it ;) The best thing to do, is to make a copy of everything. Also, write your name and address on the back of the cut out (bar code)…

When you receive your rebate, let us know ;)

Greg Gard

sponsored links

6,853 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Pixma PRO-10 Wireless Photo Printer $100-TODAY ONLY!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.