Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 28 Apr 2014 (Monday) 10:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Little League Action Shots help

FAST_Marine
387 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 28, 2014 10:52 |  #1

So I sponsored a team for a Little League this year. The league looked at my work and approached me about doing action shots. I agreed and set it all up. I've done advertising, I have a page up that accepts Credit Cards and Paypal, and have a ton of work into getting good quality shots up. Parents approach me constantly talking about the pictures as well as the league and how much they love them. So my question is this. I set two order dates May 4 and June 30. To date I have yet to get a order. So do I announce after May 4 all pictures will be wiped and new ones posted, or do I leave it all there till June 30? My thinking is wipe them after May 4 or everyone will wait till June 30. I'm not looking for a debate in the profits of action shots etc. I'm asking how others do there ordering and deadlines. Appreciate any feedback you can give.

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Web Site (external link)
A bunch of L Glass, Bunch of Canon SLR's, Canon Cinema Cameras, and a ton of stuff to use with them and carry it all.

sponsored links
tmalone893
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Apr 28, 2014 11:46 |  #2

I would wipe them. Don't give the parents the option if you haven't even got one order yet. They will wait to the very last minute to order. Make sure they are very aware that all prior pictures will be removed. The old push method for sells. Good luck!

Name: Theron
MaxPreps Profile (external link)
My Gear

flickr (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/theronmalone/ (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,257 posts
Joined Feb 2012

May 02, 2014 10:54 as a reply to  @ tmalone893's post |  #3

I would think most are waiting till the end to pick the one or two shots they want. If they know that the first half of the year will be wipped out, they may be inclined to order those now.

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

May 03, 2014 23:38 |  #4

It's common for a parent to wait until after a season to make a purchase. One week before the photos are removed, notify the parents of the date and it will push some of them. The real profit is in the T&I shots, which are all prepaid on the day of the shoot.. Another revenue generator is in selling the team a slideshow for their annual banquet along with gifts for kids leaving the team.

All action shots you post on line should have a watermark through them, They WILL be stolen for Facebook and other uses, so make it difficult to be used.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

FAST_Marine
THREAD ­ STARTER
387 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2009

May 04, 2014 14:17 |  #5

Mike R wrote in post #16880458 (external link)
It's common for a parent to wait until after a season to make a purchase. One week before the photos are removed, notify the parents of the date and it will push some of them. The real profit is in the T&I shots, which are all prepaid on the day of the shoot.. Another revenue generator is in selling the team a slideshow for their annual banquet along with gifts for kids leaving the team.

All action shots you post on line should have a watermark through them, They WILL be stolen for Facebook and other uses, so make it difficult to be used.

Thank you for the Input. They have used the same company the past ten years for the T&I photos. I looked for ever before I found the proposal announcement. After seeing my work and sports portrait packages this year they have already asked if I'd be interested in doing the T&I next year. It's snow balling I've been asked to talk to the Football league at there board meeting about taking over there T&I and the action photos. I out a lot of the extra snapshots up super low res with huge watermarks for the parents. And the action photos have them as well.

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Web Site (external link)
A bunch of L Glass, Bunch of Canon SLR's, Canon Cinema Cameras, and a ton of stuff to use with them and carry it all.

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

May 04, 2014 17:23 |  #6

FAST_Marine wrote in post #16881512 (external link)
Thank you for the Input. They have used the same company the past ten years for the T&I photos. I looked for ever before I found the proposal announcement. After seeing my work and sports portrait packages this year they have already asked if I'd be interested in doing the T&I next year. It's snow balling I've been asked to talk to the Football league at there board meeting about taking over there T&I and the action photos. I out a lot of the extra snapshots up super low res with huge watermarks for the parents. And the action photos have them as well.

It does have a way of snowballing, almost overnight. I started with one team, just to have some fun and maybe make a few bucks, in addition to giving some back as a sponsor. Now I have 7 teams and have backed off from others. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, the next school year will probably be my last.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,281 views & 0 likes for this thread
Little League Action Shots help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.